Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me decide.

Default Help me decide.

Less than 24 hours now for me to renew my season ticket and I'm no nearer making a decision. If I give it up now it's unlikely I'll get another in the future so after 20 plus years of highs and lows I need help to decide what to do. Can anyone give me a positive spin on things to come?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

winnits

Default Re: Help me decide.

If you're looking to be convinced to renew then that's probably what you want to do.

That's as positive as my spin gets

The thought of not going isn't very appealing but then neither is the thought of blowing a load of cash on what I think could be a really bad season.

Thanks anyway.

Your a red, like it or not. Pony up

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

The Foam Hand

Saves money?

As negative as the whole situation seems, if you prefer keeping the same seat throughout the season then it's worth renewing. Nothing will change at the club based on any of us renewing or not.

Yeah it feels bad even thinking about not going due to some stupid sense of unrequited loyalty but saving dosh is definitely a factor. Oddly even though I can renew at the same price as last year the decision to raise season ticket prices still feels like a kick in balls.

I have lots of reasons not to renew but probably could have still managed it. The players have made it very easy for me to take a season off though.

I quite agree but it's more than that, I feel less a part of the club than I ever have. Sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by Redad View Post
    I quite agree but it's more than that, I feel less a part of the club than I ever have. Sad really.

I feel your pain brother.

Get your ST in the Lower Bridgford with us in Y1. We`ve renewed based on having a sing song and just ignoring the football

Unless we`re winning ofc then we`ll still watch

this is the most detached Ive ever felt from the club tbh, there are no positives for renewal Im not even sure why I have tbh other than I love the laugh we have in Lower b.

Even the NEP have had to scrape the barrel for '5' reasons to be optimistic ahead of next season. 1 is the return of Cohen and Reid !

Quote Originally Posted by Castus View Post
    1 is the return of Cohen and Reid !
    And that's going to be a fucking disaster.

Thanks for the invite to the LB, I must admit there is more life in there than there ever is likely to be in the Trent End, something else that is quite depressing is the lack of vocal support in there.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Do you have anything else to do or will you just get dragged around the shops or be expected to put that shelf up or mow the lawn? If I didn't renew I'd go and buy a tent and a cheap track bike, my spring and autumn weekends would be sorted and I could just watch sky during the winter.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

I've renewed in the Lower Bridgford and added a recruit!
    Anybody who wants to help create an atmosphere and enjoys that side of going to football will be well served by moving into the Lower Bridgford.

Potential positives on the pitch are greater potential opportunity for academy and youth players and hopefully an impact from Leon Hunter on the type of player we bring in. I don't think we'll be shaking too many trees but next season could be a change in the way Forest recruits new players and perhaps manages its budget. I think we have a number of decent players which can be built upon to put together a decent squad.

So go on. Renew. Freezing the prices was actually pretty generous and should help people's pockets.

I have a couple of kids and a wife (is that the right way round?) so any thoughts of disappearing over the horizon on two wheels will have to wait. I have enough to do to make up for the lack of footy though so that isn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    Anybody who wants to help create an atmosphere and enjoys that side of going to football will be well served by moving into the Lower Bridgford.

Potential positives on the pitch are greater potential opportunity for academy and youth players and hopefully an impact from Leon Hunter on the type of player we bring in. I don't think we'll be shaking too many trees but next season could be a change in the way Forest recruits new players and perhaps manages its budget. I think we have a number of decent players which can be built upon to put together a decent squad.

So go on. Renew. Freezing the prices was actually pretty generous and should help people's pockets.

Please don't suggest that our prices are in any way generous for mediocre 2nd division football.
    They are insulting.

I've posted elsewhere that in my opinion we pay too much, and ticket prices should go down to encourage more people to attend games thus making up for the financial hit of lower prices. That would hopefully improve the atmosphere and spur on the team. Pipe dream clearly, what will happen is a steady fall in attendances due to cost and a poor team due to the FFP situation. A vicious circle that will see the MR's dropping out of the league proper in 5 years.

Possibly.

Last edited by Redad; 14-05-15 at 23:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Please don't suggest that our prices are in any way generous for mediocre 2nd division football.
    They are insulting.
    £17 a game in Lower Bridgford or the Trent End is not bad in my opinion.
    £150 I paid for my 17 year old is decent too.
    Not cheap but equally not bad. Not insulting too me either.

poll?

Because maybe in the season where expectations are so low something special may just happen.

The Foam Hand

I half wonder if the release list has been delayed to coincide with this renewal window. It could make a difference to some peoples decision.

This is one of the problems I have with renewing, you buy into something in May and then it's completely changed in the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgford_71 View Post
    I half wonder if the release list has been delayed to coincide with this renewal window. It could make a difference to some peoples decision.

This is one of the problems I have with renewing, you buy into something in May and then it's completely changed in the new year.
    My thoughts exactly.

It's all about mid-table...

£17 a game in Lower Bridgford or the Trent End is not bad in my opinion.
    £150 I paid for my 17 year old is decent too.
    Not cheap but equally not bad. Not insulting too me either.
    17 quid a game is about right, that's what it should be paying on matchdays imo. 28 to 32 quid is far too high for what is not much above Third division football.