Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1525

Thread: Jamie Ward

Default Re: Jamie Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Can say that about the whole shebang cant we?
    Not really, you get moments from players and good times. I can't recall any from Ward.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    He deserves the contract we offered him, if he was a good player and playing well we'd want him to honor his deal with us so the same applies the other way.
    In black & white terms your right, you'd like to think he could have relented on the last few months of a contract where he's produced the square root of fuck all on decent pay though.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Not really, you get moments from players and good times. I can't recall any from Ward.
    Ya musta blinked

He deserves the contract we offered him, if he was a good player and playing well we'd want him to honor his deal with us so the same applies the other way.
    I'm sure Forest would have been prepared to compromise on the remains of his contract as they did while he was on loan at Charlton. It his only his greed which has kept him here kicking his heels instead of playing football.

It's all about mid-table...

Why should we debate about the ludicrous finances that go on at the CG that's still happening and will continue to do so?

They're all raking it in while we try and weigh it all up. They're all paid far too much whilst not a penny comes off for us supporters to watch the greedy bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao CarvAndy!ho View Post
    He doesn't want more, he wants what we agreed to pay him. He had such a long contract because FFP limited what we could offer. No problem with him collecting his wages monthly or all in one lump, it may affect his career but he's not going to get what he was on here again.

I was never a fan but he put in the effort every time he played. Although that should be pre-requisite for any footballer, we've seen plenty, supposedly better players put a lot less in.
    So he gets it in one lump then goes off to get more with another club? Let him rot or earn his money.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    So he gets it in one lump then goes off to get more with another club? Let him rot or earn his money.
    I'd have no issue with him being left on a park bench for another year. Forest want him gone, he has to agree to end his contract, I'd have thought a loan would suffice but obviously not.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Why should we pay his contract up in full before the contractual period has expired just so that he can go elsewhere and earn more.

I’d make the twat clean the bogs until his contract expires

For the life of me I cannot understand why you use deadwood in the U23 team. And, OK, I might understand Bridcutt, but Ward? This is ridiculous. Why should he take the place of a youngster? The guy is only still there because he is waiting for you to pay his contract in full before he leaves. He should be training at 7 p.m., alone, not playing football as if he is a regular member of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    For the life of me I cannot understand why you use deadwood in the U23 team. And, OK, I might understand Bridcutt, but Ward? This is ridiculous. Why should he take the place of a youngster? The guy is only still there because he is waiting for you to pay his contract in full before he leaves. He should be training at 7 p.m., alone, not playing football as if he is a regular member of the team.
    It is also a good way of seeing if he has anything to offer the first team in a close to first team football you can get.
    Just because AK doesn't rate him it doesn't mean another manager doesn't also.
    I have no problem with it.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Isn't it harsh to ostracise him? He's been a good servant, scored the goal that kept us up for lawds sake. Maybe he's unlikely turning out for the first team again, but he's done nothing wrong and may be of use to the youth set up. Having some old salts playing might well help matters, not only be taking someones place.

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

I’ve no problem with Jamie Ward. We agreed to the contract, we aren’t in dire financial straights, he isn’t doing a Jack Roswell.

He’d be a useful player for a Burton right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Interesting that you think Bridcutt should be cut some slack but you consider Ward deadwood.

At least Ward has been willing to get off his arse and take a loan move to try and make something happen for himself, unlike Bridcutt who is one of many players competing in a similar position.

Get him fit and Ward is exactly the kind of player O'Neill favours, not the most technically gifted, but he'll run through brick walls for the team.

There's 3 months until the end of the season and with our disciplinary and injury record this season we need to keep as many of the first team squad as fit as possible, afterall it's a squad based sport, not just the chosen few.

If he was called upon you can guarantee he'd put a shift in, unlike some of his teammates who have a tendency to go missing when it matters.

I don't think he'll be involved, but if he was called upon I'd like him to be as prepared as possible.

Wouldn't you?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Edited

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Manager with naff all widemen takes a look at wideman in "reserve" games shocker.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the bench on Saturday at Preston.

I’m inclined now to think that MON and RK have told all in the squad that it’s a clean slate and they will get a chance to prove themselves and the only way to do that is in a competitive match.

Forum Tactician

Put him back in at this level & his hamstrings wont last 10 mins.

Purely an opinion based on what he's contributed here so far, if jamie Ward is the answer we're asking the wrong questions.

Didn't even know he was still on our books. To be fair though given we're in need of wide men I'm not against him getting a run out in the U23s

I'd rather hoped we'd left the likes of Ward in the past.

Though some will aways value a willingness to run about a lot over everything else. It's what the English value most in players after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    I'd rather hoped we'd left the likes of Ward in the past.

Though some will aways value a willingness to run about a lot over everything else. It's what the English value most in players after all.
    Seems to work well for Leeds, Norwich and Sheffield United, funnily enough the teams at the top of the league.

Brentford were a good passing team but wholly ineffective. No wonder they are sat close to the relegation zone.

A combination of the two would be great, but I'll take hard work and application over silky, go sideways passing football any day.

Red til I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Seems to work well for Leeds, Norwich and Sheffield United, funnily enough the teams at the top of the league.

Brentford were a good passing team but wholly ineffective. No wonder they are sat close to the relegation zone.

A combination of the two would be great, but I'll take hard work and application over silky, go sideways passing football any day.

Norwich and Leeds have got plenty of foreign players in their teams, and both of them and Sheff Utd have good footballers.

Ward is not a good footballer and is injury-prone - he wouldn’t get anywhere near Leeds, Norwich, Sheff Utd or Brentford’s team and he shouldn’t be anywhere near ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Norwich and Leeds have got plenty of foreign players in their teams, and both of them and Sheff Utd have good footballers.

Ward is not a good footballer and is injury-prone - he wouldn’t get anywhere near Leeds, Norwich, Sheff Utd or Brentford’s team and he shouldn’t be anywhere near ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On his day he can get a good cross in though, something the rest of his teammates struggle with.

I've already stated I doubt he'll be involved but I'll support him wholeheartedly if he is, isn't that what being a supporter is all about.

He won't get a new contract so he has 3 months to make his mark, if selected, to help him move on.

I don't understand this idea of writing players off. He has far more experience of the Championship than the latest batch of new arrivals.

If he stays injury free and can add something, perhaps coming off the bench in the last 20 minutes, surely that's to be encouraged?

Norwich have foreigners but they too run about all over the place. The lad up front Teemu Pukki covers as much ground as anybody

His experience can aid the 23s and help his match fitness, in case he’s called upon or emergency loan etc.