Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Only 4 Teams.............

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Loughborough
    Posts
    1,156

    Default Only 4 Teams.............

    .............in the Championship let in more goals than us this season........with the players we've had at our disposal this season that is scandalous !!

    Aye Oh...Aye Oh....It's off to Mexico....with Ian Moore and Hen....er.....reee....aye oh...aye oh

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,656

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Weirdly I don't remember any really big defeats. Wasn't 3-0 away a Boro our worst?


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,905

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    on the plus side, only 6 teams have scored more than us and thats with our best striker missing for a quarter of the season


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    13,126

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    We conceded 2 goals or more 23 times this season


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wadiya
    Posts
    2,408

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Darlow, it's over here.


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    nottingham
    Posts
    2,968

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Need a DM enforcer


  8. #7
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    10,324

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    I said elsewhere, but without Darlow, Wilson and Fox we'd be much stronger defensively.


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,905

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    we need Hobbs to stay fit and Mancienne to be his partner


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,656

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Fox has never shown any quality for us. Wilson and Darlow have though


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    13,126

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Freedman seems to have resisted all opportunity to play Mancienne at CB.


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,810

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Our defence is very average, at best, but the main problem is we've continued to chop and change the personnel (who remembers Danny Fox at centre half?) and tinkered with different systems (3 centre halves, 2 centre halves)

    If you have no consistency with personnel in certain positions and a certain system, then it doesn't breed confidence that everyone at the back knows what they're doing.

    Look at all the best teams in history. You know what their best defence was. And they tended to stick to it.


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,214

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Freedman seems to have resisted all opportunity to play Mancienne at CB.
    Which is so, so bizarre. Him alongside Wilson/Hobbs would've been the way to go. He was the best defender in the league for the first couple of months.


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,656

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    who remembers Danny Fox at centre half
    *Shudders*


  15. #14
    Victor Meldrew
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Bridgford
    Posts
    14,808

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Swings and roundabouts.
    Scored seventy odd conceded almost seventy.


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Away in the NW.
    Posts
    2,610

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    ...... He was the best defender in the league for the first couple of months.
    So we Forest fans believe ...


  17. #16

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Quote Originally Posted by Herman Van Rompuy View Post
    Weirdly I don't remember any really big defeats. Wasn't 3-0 away a Boro our worst?
    The worst was that 3-0, but we did concede 4 against Blackpool (!)

    Over the season we conceded

    4 goals once
    3 goals 10 times
    2 goals 12 times
    1 goal 11 times
    and kept 12 clean sheets


  18. #17
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    15,308

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    The worst was that 3-0, but we did concede 4 against Blackpool (!)

    Over the season we conceded

    4 goals once
    3 goals 10 times
    2 goals 12 times
    1 goal 11 times
    and kept 12 clean sheets
    It's all about mid-table.


  19. #18
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    74,256

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    We have never had a settled back four all season and our midfield seems unable to protect the defence.

    Add to that a goalkeeper who sometimes dithers in coming for the ball and we got exactly what you'd expect.

    The amount of goals we've conceded from silly individual mistakes also has been a worry.

    We've played like a bunch of strangers at times, rather than as a unit.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,586

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Mancienne isn't a very pacey full back, but maybe some stability is what we need. I'm just not a fan of playing him at DM, it amazed me how we were playing him there when he'd proved how effective he is as a CB.


  21. #20

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    We have never had a settled back four all season and our midfield seems unable to protect the defence.

    Add to that a goalkeeper who sometimes dithers in coming for the ball and we got exactly what you'd expect.

    The amount of goals we've conceded from silly individual mistakes also has been a worry.

    We've played like a bunch of strangers at times, rather than as a unit.
    Bang on and it shows big time.

    Who's our lynchpin? Who's our real captain? Who are our "top boys" on the pitch? We, and the players, don't know any more because of all the recent change.

    Hobbs, Cohen, Reid - 3 names we'd all likely have picked the past 2 seasons. 3 key names which turn us from a relegation side to playoff challengers.

    Oh for a Wes Morgan again.

    A big part of my opinion of Freedman will be about who he makes captain, and how he addresses the need for stalwarts.


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hilcote, Sheepshire.
    Posts
    15,825

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Much talk from some that we think our squad is better than it actually is. But I can't help but think that after shelling out £5m for a striker, over a million for Antonio and adding the likes of Mancienne to the squad last summer I tend to think we have massively under achieved.


  23. #22
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45,225

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    Bang on and it shows big time.

    Who's our lynchpin? Who's our real captain? Who are our "top boys" on the pitch? We, and the players, don't know any more because of all the recent change.

    Hobbs, Cohen, Reid - 3 names we'd all likely have picked the past 2 seasons. 3 key names which turn us from a relegation side to playoff challengers.

    Oh for a Wes Morgan again.

    A big part of my opinion of Freedman will be about who he makes captain, and how he addresses the need for stalwarts.
    Thing is though mate how long before we say enough is enough with them players you've mentioned? Out of them four players you have mentioned, injury free id pick our players all day long over the leicester player but the big difference is and the this a guess.... the leicester player has played more games than the 3 forest players combined thus season and therein lies the problem. If you cant get your best players on the pitch, your fucked.


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    22,443

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    Much talk from some that we think our squad is better than it actually is. But I can't help but think that after shelling out £5m for a striker, over a million for Antonio and adding the likes of Mancienne to the squad last summer I tend to think we have massively under achieved.
    Bit of both, our squad isn't as good as it thinks it is because some of our key players don't have the mental bottle to play to their abilities.

    Kelvin Wilson is a prime example. When we needed him to be at his best when Hobbs was out, to lead the defence, he reverted back to Casual Kelv who simply didn't give one fuck about the club, results or his performances. We know there's a good player in there, he's shown it with us before and whilst at Celtic, but it's clear his move here wasn't his ideal choice and he's regretting it. He's a liability purely due to his attitude rather than his ability. Defence is a position where you need consistency and the unit to act as a unit and thats more important than individual ability or flair.

    Lansbury is very similar.

    Next year we need to go into the season with Hobbs and Mancienne as our preferred pairing, with Lichaj at RB and someone new in at left back. Someone preferably with height and strength (who isn't George Elokobi) to help us deal with aerial threats on the counter/at set pieces as thats what Mancienne and Lichaj lack. Laing and Reira are going to have to be the backups for Hobbs and Mance respectively.

    .k I m
    I m u mm

  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,561

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    So, stats wise, we're not awful. A few tweaks will see us improve next year. Right?


  26. #25
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    41,729

    Default Re: Only 4 Teams.............

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    Bit of both, our squad isn't as good as it thinks it is because some of our key players don't have the mental bottle to play to their abilities.

    Kelvin Wilson is a prime example. When we needed him to be at his best when Hobbs was out, to lead the defence, he reverted back to Casual Kelv who simply didn't give one fuck about the club, results or his performances. We know there's a good player in there, he's shown it with us before and whilst at Celtic, but it's clear his move here wasn't his ideal choice and he's regretting it. He's a liability purely due to his attitude rather than his ability. Defence is a position where you need consistency and the unit to act as a unit and thats more important than individual ability or flair.

    Lansbury is very similar.

    Next year we need to go into the season with Hobbs and Mancienne as our preferred pairing, with Lichaj at RB and someone new in at left back. Someone preferably with height and strength (who isn't George Elokobi) to help us deal with aerial threats on the counter/at set pieces as thats what Mancienne and Lichaj lack. Laing and Reira are going to have to be the backups for Hobbs and Mance respectively.

    I'd disagree that Wilson preferred to be elsewhere, I'm pretty sure he wanted to be back here, but not for the right reasons. Absolutely bang on about Hobbs and Mance being the best pairing though


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •