Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dougie's List

Default Dougie's List

Did I imagine that tomorrow DF is going to publicise the list of players hes told are free to leave the club?

Im sure I heard something about them being given time to find a new club, but it seems he wants to draw a line under some of them asap.

Id assume all out of contract players will be released and think the list will be something like:

Fox, Abdoun, Radi, McLaughlin, Mackie, Lars.

Any more for any more?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Dougie's List

Darlow, Lascelles, Kane, Akpom,Barrow - there's 5 for a start!

Nah...I meant players that won't be at end of loan, out of contract etc.

Looking Hairy

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Darlow, Lascelles, Kane, Akpom,Barrow - there's 5 for a start!
    Those five, Gardner and the ones in the OP are probably 110,000 per week alone. That's 5.7m saved from the word go.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jumper View Post
    Nah...I meant players that won't be at end of loan, out of contract etc.
    Is there any summary or data on the current squad and contract end dates?
    It would be really useful to have a nice spreadsheet on this thread...

Is this the Schindler's list remake?

I'm glad Tesche will be here next season and hope he gets a good chance in the team, which presumably he will with no Gardner.

Won't be sad to see Collins, Harding, Halford, Fox and Abdoun leave and assuming we bring in a couple Mackie, Radi and McLaughlin can go as well.

Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

I think he can announce that out of contract players are leaving but he won't be able to say he's releasing players like Mackie and Radi who still have a year on their contract. Can he? Work to try to move them on, sure, but if he straight out says he doesn't want them he will weaken his hand totally.

What's to say he won't give Abdoun a chance?

Dinosaur Prick

He's probably seen him play.

Isn't Abdoin injured

Quote Originally Posted by Googler View Post
    Isn't Abdoin injured
    Wouldn't make a difference

Looking Hairy

Abdoun was never too bad a player, he was just divisive. Shame, he definitely has talent.

Resident foodie!

There isn't much of a position to weaken. Radi and Mackie have been out on loan and have one year left on their contract. We are under an embargo and so aren't exactly in a position to barter with clubs. We just need to make them available, cut our losses and take whatever we get offered for them to get players with no future here off the wage bill asap. Same goes for Fox, Vaughan, Abdoun etc.

Gutted we're releasing Halford, one of few players who displayed passion and detirmination week in and week out under 'his' second spell here.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Gutted we're releasing Halford, one of few players who displayed passion and detirmination week in and week out under 'his' second spell here.
    With the exception of the away game at QPR.

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Halford, Harding, Collins, McLoughlin, Majewski, Veldwijk, Abdoun, Vaughen, Fox,

I'd be looking to get rid of all of the above, there's something about Mackie that makes me want to see him have another crack at the club so i'd have a good look at him over pre-season.

I know getting rid of so many players will leave the squad looking a little depleted BUT! this whole 10k per week 'nobody will come' malarky is nonsense.
    I personally know 2 championship footballers who don't play for us, are towards the higher end of championship clubs, and don't earn even close to 10k pw. It won't be as much of a struggle as anticipated to bring players in IMHO. It will just stop us signing the ex-premiership has beens, not a bad thing really.

Impressive member

How about utilising Mackie up front? Hasn't he been in that role for Reading? Obviously we're short in that position. And I'm sure Dougie would appreciate Mackie's work rate.

Impressive member

I think we might as well also hang on to Tesche. I was puzzled by his loan to Brum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    How about utilising Mackie up front? Hasn't he been in that role for Reading? Obviously we're short in that position. And I'm sure Dougie would appreciate Mackie's work rate.
    Mackie is good addition to the squad. The boo boys who hounded him out are the same cretins who think Lansbury should score a hat trick a game and we should win the league every season. Tries hard, can play in a number of positions, every bit good enough for Nottingham Forest

Am I the only one who would like to see Majewski have an extra year with us?

I'm almost certainly looking through some rose-tinteds but we do seem to lack a player to slide in through balls for our forwards to run onto and play simple 1-2s around the opponents box.

Admittedly for Majewski to be effective the style of play would have to be overhauled to play a short passing game where we try and actually retain possession. Which in turn would make Antonio's style ineffective...

Guess we'll be playing direct again next season

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Redreason View Post
    Mackie is good addition to the squad. The boo boys who hounded him out are the same cretins who think Lansbury should score a hat trick a game and we should win the league every season. Tries hard, can play in a number of positions, every bit good enough for Nottingham Forest

Bang on. Just the type of player you need as an option to grind out results in this league. Wouldn't want a whole team of them, do want more of them than we currently have. One of the few still trying when the fancy faggots had a mardy last year, so typically we make him no. 1 villain

Raddy's always a player I'd want here if his head is right/manageable. We actually keep the ball with him in the side.

The question is how much are they on, and have we alienated them too much now?

All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.

Brian. Please tell me which game Maj had an influence on apart from the WBA. Being on loan at Huddersfield and hardly got a game. In my opinion get rid and move on. Ben can be the creative player next season with Reidy (if fit).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Redreason View Post

Even under embargo, is this the criteria going forward. With Mackie you fall into the trap of going to the other extreme with a player whos all effort & nothing else. As a lone striker he aint any better than Blackstock, Fryatt or Walker. Out wide hes no better than Antonio or Burke. Hes too expensive a squad player.