Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1293

Thread: New Kit

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,830

    Default New Kit


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    176

    Default Re: New Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Eamonn View Post
    I think it looks quite nice, wouldn't hold your breath on it being legit though


  4. #3

    Default Re: New Kit

    Looks like it's from some kind of internal system, so could be the real thing.

    Shame - we won't get to see any PsychoSpike creations cribbed the Daily Mail this year.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,261

    Default Re: New Kit

    That looks like The Tree is seeping out of a stylised prolapsed arsehole.

    Nice shirt apart from that. Just have the European Cup shirt with a little anniversary text where the 'cup final' text was originally. This was done by someone trying to justify their job, and approved (if it has been) by someone with no design taste.

    Still, it's about as ugly as football is these days. And commensurate with our own existential predicament. The moment we have to put those wanky mandatory badges on the sleeves the design is fucked anyway.

    A dead loss. And therefore apt.


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,273

    Default Re: New Kit

    "remember as a trusted member of staff all leaks will be prosecuted" seems painfully contrived...


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    641

    Default Re: New Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Fail View Post
    That looks like The Tree is seeping out of a stylised prolapsed arsehole.

    Nice shirt apart from that. Just have the European Cup shirt with a little anniversary text where the 'cup final' text was originally. This was done by someone trying to justify their job, and approved (if it has been) by someone with no design taste.

    Still, it's about as ugly as football is these days. And commensurate with our own existential predicament. The moment we have to put those wanky mandatory badges on the sleeves the design is fucked anyway.

    A dead loss. And therefore apt.
    You must be a joy on Christmas Day.


  8. #7
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    22,487

    Default Re: New Kit

    Looks a bit mid 80's Aberdeen. Quite like it.


  9. #8
    Rice IV
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    37,481

    Default Re: New Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Pugwash View Post
    "remember as a trusted member of staff all leaks will be prosecuted" seems painfully contrived...
    The wording isn't right for such a big company.

    They'd surely use something like colleague.

    Talk to me, Goose.

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,578

    Default Re: New Kit

    Ahh we've started this a bit early this year haven't we? It's usually about June time when the 'new kit leaks' surface.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Sarf
    Posts
    28,097

    Default Re: New Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Ahh we've started this a bit early this year haven't we? It's usually about June time when the 'new kit leaks' surface.
    We may as well start the rumours at the start of the season as the bloody shirt won't be released until about November anyway.


  12. #11
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45,805

    Default Re: New Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Tutts View Post
    We may as well start the rumours at the start of the season as the bloody shirt won't be released until about November anyway.
    That happened to villa with their away shirts about 5 seasons back. Not available to buy till october if i remember correctly.

    One thing i can guarantee is ill never be buying a forest away shirt for myself or kids again after the one i brought was retired in october.......

    Next year could be a competition between who lasts longer, the manager or the away shirt.

    Last edited by Barry; 01-05-15 at 08:58.

  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,756

    Default Re: New Kit

    There's a middle finger in the art around the edge (bottom right)

    Must be legit


  14. #13

    Default Re: New Kit

    Well spotted.


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    No longer unnervingly close to Anatoli's house
    Posts
    3,471

    Default Re: New Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by JordanForest View Post
    There's a middle finger in the art around the edge (bottom right)

    Must be legit
    And top left


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North West London
    Posts
    1,856

    Default Re: New Kit

    Ugly kit. Next seasons kits should just be a copy of the 79/80 kits.


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The prettier side of the Erewash
    Posts
    15,477

    Default Re: New Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Pugwash View Post
    "remember as a trusted member of staff all leaks will be prosecuted" seems painfully contrived...
    It actually says "...all leaks may be prosecuted" which even emmerson could tell you is bad grammar and doesn't make sense.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands
    Posts
    6,257

    Default Re: New Kit

    I confidently predict that the new kit will be predominantly red with white trim.

    It will have a manufacturers logo on the right tit and a tree on the left tit.

    It will cost us approximately 50x what it costs to make.

    It will be indistinguishable from the last 3 from a distance beyond 20 feet.

    It will be indistinguishable from that worn by the other dozen clubs that buy the same template.

    Thread ends.


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    No longer unnervingly close to Anatoli's house
    Posts
    3,471

    Default Re: New Kit

    And it will be sold for £12 at this time next year.


  20. #19
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    41,995

    Default Re: New Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerthecat View Post
    I confidently predict that the new kit will be predominantly red with white trim.

    It will have a manufacturers logo on the right tit and a tree on the left tit.

    It will cost us approximately 50x what it costs to make.

    It will be indistinguishable from the last 3 from a distance beyond 20 feet.

    It will be indistinguishable from that worn by the other dozen clubs that buy the same template.

    Thread ends.
    My other half will buy it me for my birthday

    I'll wear it at the IOM classic TT


  21. #20
    Looking Hairy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: New Kit

    I hope we go back to the classic badge.



    Travesty if we don't.


  22. #21
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    76,210

    Default Re: New Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin's Local View Post
    I hope we go back to the classic badge.



    Travesty if we don't.
    I wish we would, for just next season, although I think there is an issue around the copyright to that, as it is the insignia of the City of Nottingham, which is why we went to the (now world famous) badge in the 1970s?

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands
    Posts
    6,257

    Default Re: New Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    I wish we would, for just next season, although I think there is an issue around the copyright to that, as it is the insignia of the City of Nottingham, which is why we went to the (now world famous) badge in the 1970s?
    In a sensible world that wouldn't be an issue. What better for Nottingham to see it's crest on the shirt of one of its football clubs? Many companies would pay good money for logo positioning as valuable as that.


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Sarf
    Posts
    28,097

    Default Re: New Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerthecat View Post
    In a sensible world that wouldn't be an issue. What better for Nottingham to see it's crest on the shirt of one of its football clubs? Many companies would pay good money for logo positioning as valuable as that.
    You've just found the solution to FFP. Get the City of Nottingham to sponsor us and not build trams.


  25. #24
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    76,210

    Default Re: New Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Tutts View Post
    You've just found the solution to FFP. Get the City of Nottingham to sponsor us and not build trams.
    I like this idea.


  26. #25

    Default Re: New Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    although I think there is an issue around the copyright to that
    The issue was more that it was difficult for Forest to claim full IPR on a logo they shared with the City - as football merchandise was becoming big business, they couldn't risk the council demanding a cut of all items sold with that logo at some point in the future. We still use the stag crest on some official merch though and considering we had it on our shirts from 1958 to 1973 we've definitely got a 'fair usage' claim to use it again.

    The 'Forester' logo would be more apt for the anniversary though.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •