Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ifs n buts....

Default ifs n buts....

With a few more points we should be looking at automatic promotion.

Maybe beating charlton, hanging on for a couple of mins vs blackpool, sneaking a winner vs leeds...

not to mention the 20 game baron run. Wednesday or Millwall home could have been pts which would have put up amongst the playoffs. Cant remember many games where we were the lucky team.

We still have options, 1 game and 1 pt closer. Onwards and upwards, but what a circus this season has been on the pitch. 4 pts in next 2 will keep us in the mix, but 6pts would have us very close to where we should be.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: ifs n buts....

Lots of twists and turns

Captain Obvious

Where's me hammer?

Seasons finished for me, anything that comes extra is a bonus.

Last edited by Barry; 15-03-15 at 09:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    Seasons finished for me, anything that comes extta is a bonus.
    Agreed. It's just too much out of our hands.

It's probaby equally true for Sheff Weds, Charlton, Blackburn etc. I bet they have fans trotting out the 'if only'...

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi | vivit post funera virtus - Emprorer Tiberius

At end of day all teams can say if we'd done this or that, but you didn't so that's how it is

If my grandmother'd had bollocks she'd have been my grandfather.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by matt1982 View Post
    At end of day all teams can say if we'd done this or that, but you didn't so that's how it is
    Got to be this.

Every club that fails will have a shedful of hard luck stories.

Where's me hammer?

"Luck is the last dying wish of those who want to believe that winning can happen by accident.
    Sweat on the other hand is for those who know itís a choice."

Truth of the matter is from the top down we didn't "sweat" enough at the appropriate points this season to make a difference.

Ipswich home, brighton home, leeds away, blackpool away to name a few where a little bit more sweat and wed have got more.

Last edited by Barry; 15-03-15 at 10:20.

Equally, I bet Bournemouth, Derby, Boro & Watford are citing their 'if only' games on the basis they could have clear blue water between them at the top and everyone else.

I bet the Cherries include the game against us at Dean Court when we walked away with the points, we shouldn't have had. If only we had'nt have that luck, we'd be near to the relegation zone... etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    "Luck is the last dying wish of those who want to believe that winning can happen by accident.
    Sweat on the other hand is for those who know itís a choice."

Truth of the matter is from the top down we didn't "sweat" enough at the appropriate points this season to make a difference.

Ipswich home, brighton home, leeds away, blackpool away to name a few where a little bit more sweat and wed have got more.
    I'm sure we will all have our own memories of this seasons failures but the Millwall home game in particular brought a carrot or two to my throat

Interesting that the manager and the team are now talking openly about playoffs. They are obviously relishing the 'pressure' which is starting to get to other teams; witness the points the teams above us are dropping every week.

Quote Originally Posted by jerellis1 View Post
    If my grandmother'd had bollocks she'd have been my grandfather.

I think this post confirms what we all already know, if jerellis is mocking the suggestion it ain't happening.

And if we'd won all our games this season, we'd already be promoted. We are where we are because we are.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    I'm sure we will all have our own memories of this seasons failures but the Millwall home game in particular brought a carrot or two to my throat
    Aye, and Millwall were utter dross as well. Arguably the worst team down the CG this season.

I know there's no easy games in this Second Division but some performances are inexcusable imo.

Blackpool at home towards the end of the 12/13 season is the biggest 'what if' moment of recent times for me, absolutely peppered them and hit the woodwork a few times but the ball wouldn't go over the line and we ended up missing out on the last day. Leicester at home last season was another.

Quote Originally Posted by hannahd View Post
    And if we'd won all our games this season, we'd already be promoted. We are where we are because we are.
    it is what it is.................as somebody famous once said!

Quote Originally Posted by fitch91 View Post
    Blackpool at home towards the end of the 12/13 season is the biggest 'what if' moment of recent times for me, absolutely peppered them and hit the woodwork a few times but the ball wouldn't go over the line and we ended up missing out on the last day. Leicester at home last season was another.
    Same season as the home game vs Barnsley where their goalie had an unbelievable game

The Foam Hand

Just enjoy the run in. It wasn't too long ago that being drawn into a relegation battle was looming, it's been a great turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by jerellis1 View Post
    If my grandmother'd had bollocks she'd have been less attractive to my grandfather.
    Probably

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    Agreed. It's just too much out of our hands.
    With what they are doing, I think 74pts will see us in the playoffs this year. That's 6 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss from our remaining set of fixtures.

Derby's last few games have been VERY telling without their front men. It's almost relegation form with 2 losses, 2 draws, and only 2 goals in 4 games from their own players, against wank like Birmingham at home.

We're going to pip them to the playoffs aren't we?

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    With what they are doing, I think 74pts will see us in the playoffs this year. That's 6 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss from our remaining set of fixtures.

)
    I agree 74 should do it, but if not and it's an unusual table then fair enough. We did have an awful lot to do to make up 13 points from February. As long as we have given it a good go I'll be happy enough.

Last edited by Ravi; 15-03-15 at 14:02.
    "Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Yea, we do this every year. If we had sneaked a draw there, and snatched a win against so and so, then we would be in the automatic places.

Ultimately, none of it happened. Which is why we are nowhere near automatics and probably not going to make the playoffs.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Emcee View Post
    Yea, we do this every year. If we had sneaked a draw there, and snatched a win against so and so, then we would be in the automatic places.

Ultimately, none of it happened. Which is why we are nowhere near automatics and probably not going to make the playoffs.
    You've missed my point mate. If we don't go up this year, but Freedman gets a result like yesterday next year we need to remember IT'S GOOD. Last year and year previously you had the likes of Kelvin's Local, Billysharp24 etc. moaning it wasn't good enough. IT WAS. Being "in the mix" IS good enough, and everyone wishes we were more in the mix now. We've barely been "in the mix" for 15 years bar 3 seasons.

Regardless of manager, form, players etc. it's just a standard which I've been trying to get through to the less enlightened for years now as this "not good enough" attitude is utter self harming bollocks. 2 or three results like yesterdays - a point away from home against a form team - and the "too negative", "not good enough" comments start coming out. It's bollocks, those results ARE good enough to see us better than where we've been the last 15 years, which is progress and something we should be grateful for. It might not be perfect, but spiraling down the table by rushing in a replacement is far fucking less perfect.