Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We want QPR to go down...

Looking Hairy

Default We want QPR to go down...

It's definitely in our interest for QPR to get relegated this year. Aside from the fact they may nt even be allowed to play until they pay the fine, they'll almost certainly fight FFP in the courts and it could see our embargo lifted alongside it. Someone will contest the legality of it eventuwlly, here's to QPRs continied failure and a it happening sooner than later.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: We want QPR to go down...

I'm all for more reasons to want them to go down

I almost like QPR after the play-off final.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyred1 View Post
    I almost like QPR after the play-off final.
    Good point

There more in the shit than us

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin's Local View Post
    It's definitely in our interest for QPR to get relegated this year. Aside from the fact they may nt even be allowed to play until they pay the fine, they'll almost certainly fight FFP in the courts and it could see our embargo lifted alongside it. Someone will contest the legality of it eventuwlly, here's to QPRs continied failure and a it happening sooner than later.
    The spelling and punctuation police are going to love you

Looking Hairy

It's the peril of writing on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post
    I bet he can spell Aspley though.

Quote Originally Posted by eezzeetiger View Post
    I bet he can spell Aspley though.
    I got pulled up on that a while back and decided to leave it lol

I take some comfort that if the rules survive another year a few more teams are likely to join us Leeds and Blackburn in the embargo club. Misery loves company.

QPR recently announced they have reduced their losses from £65 million to £9.8 million, in order to comply with FFP. They are also in negotiations with the Football League to reduce the fine based on this good behaviour. Having done that, why would they take it to court?

Besides, we shouldn't be relying on QPR going into the ring for us - the quickest and best way to get out of the transfer embargo is to balance our books. Any legal challenge to FFP will take years and might not bring the expected results. Let's try going straight and lying low instead of hoping they change the law while we're still at large with the posse on our tail.

But I don't think the £55 million-odd was earned money. It was a sneaky 'cash-injection' which FFP I guess is trying to cut out. A pity Man City and Chelsea did all this before the rules. There's nothing but a pile of shit on the stable floor now.

It's all about mid-table...

Just wish them to get what's coming and I hope it hurts. Wreckless lavish spending without a care in the world, players and their agents strolling about in their Rolls Royces and their deluded supporters turning a blind eye that all "will be alright". Much like the Pompey supporters did.

I don't want our club to ever go down this road like they have. Yes, we spend far too much on wages but that's being addressed hopefully and we were never as bad as QPR.

Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    But I don't think the £55 million-odd was earned money. It was a sneaky 'cash-injection' which FFP I guess is trying to cut out. A pity Man City and Chelsea did all this before the rules. There's nothing but a pile of shit on the stable floor now.
    This is exactly why I feel FFP is redundant. The damage was done long before it was introduced.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

It's not gonna matter, if we keep all our best players and sit top half mid-season, like SOD & Pearce did, we'll only sack the manager and throw it all away anyway

Quote Originally Posted by QUARKSOUP View Post
    I take some comfort that if the rules survive another year a few more teams are likely to join us Leeds and Blackburn in the embargo club. Misery loves company.
    Could see Bournemouth joining the club and possibly Derby if neither of those teams go up and if Derby don't offload a player or two.

Bournemouth escaped the embargo, seemingly, on the back of Lallana's sell on fee. Derby were looking financially sound until loaning half a team on Premier League wages.

Still not sure why Bolton aren't under embargo.

Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post
    An interesting way to spell 'eventually'. I'm not sure though if thats supposed to be 'eventuwilly' or 'eventuwally'.

Might catch on.

Looking Hairy

Quote Originally Posted by QUARKSOUP View Post
    Why haven't Bolton? Are they really trying to tell us they went from losing £50m one year to less than £8m the next? Mental.

Looking Hairy

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    It's not gonna matter, if we keep all our best players and sit top half mid-season, like SOD & Pearce did, we'll only sack the manager and throw it all away anyway
    Come on man, you can't possibly suggest getting rid of Pearce was a bad move?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin's Local View Post
    Come on man, you can't possibly suggest getting rid of Pearce was a bad move?

Time will tell. Hows the new CEO doing?
    Oh that's right, all the off field things don't matter again now we're miles further away from the playoffs than when they did, silly me.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    Time will tell. Hows the new CEO doing?
    Oh that's right, all the off field things don't matter again now we're miles further away from the playoffs than when they did, silly me.
    Is a CEO THAT important really?

Probably, it's suits rather than athletes who decide where all the trophies go.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtits View Post
    Don't ask me mate, ask the loads like Kelvin's Local who this time last year were saying it was an absolute must.

To me what's important is not having backwards double standards which mean when we're 7th and 2pts off the playoffs we concentrate on off-field matters, then when we're 9th and 8 pts off the playoff get told by the same people "it doesn't matter, concentrate on success, even though it's further away than when we told you not to".

It seems a very arse about tit way of doing things to concentrate on success when we're further away from it, and worry about off-field issues when the playoffs are within our grasp.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 16-03-15 at 19:03.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by dogtits View Post
    Normally id say no but in forests case it hasent been led right for years. Everything's half hearted and genuinely shit when dealing with the non footballing side of things, its a gold mine but nobodies brought any tools.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    Normally id say no but in forests case it hasent been led right for years. Everything's half hearted and genuinely shit when dealing with the non footballing side of things, its a gold mine but nobodies brought any tools.
    They have bought tools. Just that it's a cotton picker rather than something that can actually mine gold.....