Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Meeting with the Club Saturday 7th March Fans 4 Stability

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    4,548

    Default Meeting with the Club Saturday 7th March Fans 4 Stability

    Meeting With the club Saturday 7th March 2015

    Sorry for the delay had to reedit some bits!

    Ben White attended, as did Lalou Tifrit and John McGovern. Many subjects were covered, some in more depth than others. Due to time restraints it was impossible to cover everything, and so we tried to touch on as much as we could, whilst also leaving the door open for future discussions and further feedback from fans.

    Season Tickets

    It was admitted that the ST renewals process last season, and especially the Early Bird, did not go as smoothly as it could. This is something the Club will learn from, and it was acknowledged that some fans had double payments going out to the finance company in one month, due to how it fell. We also pointed out that the window for Early Birds, was awkward for many due to monthly paydates and the short timeframe. This has been taken on board and hopefully will not be an issue in future. ST renewals is an issue the Club are wanting feedback on, and they are hoping that a Fans' Consultation will take place at some point around the renewal window.

    The hope is that prices for Early Bird renewals will not increase (assuming based on this years' normal price, rather than last Early Bird price, but we will seek clarification on this), but nothing is yet set in stone. Mention was made of 2 year ST's run by other clubs, not enough time to delve into this, unfortunately.

    The Club are keen to look into benefits for ST holders, in particular looking at discount in the shop, which currently falls into the remit of Kitbag and is somewhat out of Forest hands. The somewhat last minute timing of some Kitbag promos as being difficult to fans on a budget was also acknowledged. Forest are certainly open to ST holders getting more value, offers etc, and it is something that is being assessed

    Kitbag

    The contract is due to end, as many know.

    One thing that was certainly ruled out, as and when the shop comes back to Forest, was opening a shop in Nottingham City Centre, but isn't going to happen as its Non-viable for financial reasons. As it was pointed out, major purchases tend to be kit and so only once or twice a season, with little else. Parking is better at CG also, and matchdays would stay the same purchase wise. Some impulse or football trade but equally a lot can be done online. Didn't get a chance to go into much here, but the Club are aware of issues purchasing online.

    FINANCIAL/CATERING /COMMERCIAL

    There are 2 quite seperate plans going forward, depending whether Forest are PL or Championship.

    The ICM deal is for the remainder of the season but Forest hope that it will go further than that. Sponsorship and commercial revenue is constantly being explored, both locally and nationally aswell as further afield.

    Adidas has an option to have more branding around the stadium.

    Catering contract is due to end and the Club are well aware that the quality is not where it should be. They would loves fans into the ground earlier too, and acknowledge that the concourses and catering have a big part to play in this, and also that the huge amount of quality outlets locally does not help in this, from a Club point of view. The Brighton stadium and offering was mentioned (fans and corporate), as was Derby(corporate). Brighton in particular was praised, from a fan viewpoint, by the Club representatives and complimented on how much they've done. It's accepted that a new stadium has much more opportunity to exploit both the commercial side, from the POV of ANY club, along with better fan facilities, as a new build offers more scope. Space and restrictions are an issue at CG, but what improvements can be made are being looked at. The history of the CG and location was praised highly by Club reps and Fawaz apparently loves coming over Trent Bridge for the first glimpse!

    Main Stand will have to basically be flattened to do anything with it, due to it's age and condition. The Club also have to look at light issues when planning here too, and also MUST have a certain amount of car parking spaces in this area, which increases the headache.

    Forest are aware of the poor quality of the surface in BC car park, this hopefully will be addressed soon, with a possible solution being sought in conjunction with others who use the area during the week. Other repairs around the stadium are being done on a rolling programme.

    Forest Player

    The deal with Player is up for renewal in 2017. Forest are aware of quality issues, but do not get content in HD. They are aware of issues and are frustrated by it. There is far more content they would like to put up, but are reluctant to do so at present due to quality issues. There is the possibility that they can go alone if they are not satisfied in 2017, but suspect that the content they are supplied with will improve and will be supplied in HD when the FL looks at it when renewal is due with supplier...


    I will post the 2nd bit of the meeting in next few days thanks for taking time out to read this review much appreciated!

    Last edited by Tnewton_1988; 09-03-15 at 23:47.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    74,256

    Default Re: Meeting with the Club Saturday 7th March Fans 4 Stability

    To me, it shows how backward the club are commercially.

    All I see is excuses, excuses.

    The catering and concourse areas are rubbish. We know this, it's been as bad since the 1970s. But to do better would mean spending money.

    The Main a Stand is a dump. Yes, it's true. But to improve it would mean spending money.

    We could improve our merchandising by opening a store in the City Centre to catch passing trade. But to do that would mean spending money. (Yes I'm sure there's better parking at the CG with its small main-stand car park than the Vic Centre car park...of course!

    Forest Player is crap, even when compare to other clubs' "players" who are supposedly on the same contract as us?

    There's a theme running here. And sadly it seems that is "well yes, we know the problems but to fix them would cost lots of money" God knows we are financially in the shit enough as it is, without possibly getting the club to spend on non-core activities!

    And value for ST holders? We've lost the club shop discount. We get nothing else, bar an occasional pound or two off the league cup or reduced entry to youth matches.

    Let's face it here - your report proves nothing yet again other than that Forest are miles behind - years behind - clubs like Brighton and that shower down the A52 when it comes to commercial matters.

    It's embarrassing.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  4. #3
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    21,500

    Default Re: Meeting with the Club Saturday 7th March Fans 4 Stability

    It is what it is.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,656

    Default Re: Meeting with the Club Saturday 7th March Fans 4 Stability

    Don't find any of it embarrassing. Thanks for posting Tnewton


  6. #5
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: Meeting with the Club Saturday 7th March Fans 4 Stability

    The city centre merchandise will easily be remedied once Kitbag are out the way by allowing regular sports stores to stock Forest stuff again like they used to.


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Warrington.
    Posts
    3,482

    Default Re: Meeting with the Club Saturday 7th March Fans 4 Stability

    Just a couple of points that jump straight out

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    To me, it shows how backward the club are commercially.

    All I see is excuses, excuses.

    The catering and concourse areas are rubbish. We know this, it's been as bad since the 1970s. But to do better would mean spending money.

    The Main a Stand is a dump. Yes, it's true. But to improve it would mean spending money. It's not just that though is it? How many discussions have there been on here about it? It's space etc too. Something to be looked at once we gain promotion anyway, not immediately.

    We could improve our merchandising by opening a store in the City Centre to catch passing trade. But to do that would mean spending money. (Yes I'm sure there's better parking at the CG with its small main-stand car park than the Vic Centre car park...of course! Parking is free at CG, on non matchdays, and like winnits said, city centre outlets could be allowed to stock merchandise again once Kitbag are gone. Merchandise in the city without premises costs.

    Forest Player is crap, even when compare to other clubs' "players" who are supposedly on the same contract as us?

    There's a theme running here. And sadly it seems that is "well yes, we know the problems but to fix them would cost lots of money" God knows we are financially in the shit enough as it is, without possibly getting the club to spend on non-core activities!

    And value for ST holders? We've lost the club shop discount. We get nothing else, bar an occasional pound or two off the league cup or reduced entry to youth matches. Again, once Kitbag are gone, nothing to stop Forest re-introducing a discount, which is how it reads?

    Let's face it here - your report proves nothing yet again other than that Forest are miles behind - years behind - clubs like Brighton and that shower down the A52 when it comes to commercial matters.

    It's embarrassing.



  8. #7

    Default Re: Meeting with the Club Saturday 7th March Fans 4 Stability

    Thanks Tnewton

    We all know we are tied into catering and merchandising deals set up by the last regime. If ffp is to remain long term then we all know our facilities as they are mean we don't compete with similar or even smaller sized clubs with modern facilities.


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,761

    Default Re: Meeting with the Club Saturday 7th March Fans 4 Stability

    Not sure opening a shop in the city centre will drastically increase trade. Don't think the extra revenue will be worth the outlay.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •