Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: 26 points from losing positions this season!

      
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,322

    Default 26 points from losing positions this season!

    That's half of our points in total. Absolutely mad. Thinking about it, we've generated loads since Doogle took over.

    Brighton, Bournemouth, Boro, Blackpool. 10 points from losing positions (should have been 12!)


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,614

    Default Re: 26 points from losing positions this season!

    Bt we have good players Cloughy so it isn't surprising we should overcome inferior teams. A pity we didn't have a bit more luck/better refs earlier in the season. 7 or 8 more points now would have helped!


  4. #3

    Default Re: 26 points from losing positions this season!

    Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    Bt we have good players Cloughy so it isn't surprising we should overcome inferior teams. A pity we didn't have a bit more luck/better refs earlier in the season. 7 or 8 more points now would have helped!
    If you had to choose 3 games where we could have made up those points which would they be?


  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: 26 points from losing positions this season!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Woodcock's LoveChild View Post
    If you had to choose 3 games where we could have made up those points which would they be?
    Blackpool (a), Derby (h), Brentford (h). Win them gives us 7 pts extra and all 3 were winable. However we've also picked up points along the way that we quite easily could have not had, Bournemouth (a), Norwich (h), sheff wed (a) so it goes both ways.


  6. #5

    Default Re: 26 points from losing positions this season!

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchHorse View Post
    Blackpool (a), Derby (h), Brentford (h). Win them gives us 7 pts extra and all 3 were winable. However we've also picked up points along the way that we quite easily could have not had, Bournemouth (a), Norwich (h), sheff wed (a) so it goes both ways.
    Rotherham (a), Leeds (h) and Millwall (h) (we should have beaten that dross at home!) for me but I agree with your both ways comment.

    Just interested what what other people's opinions were. Thanks.


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Warrington.
    Posts
    3,482

    Default Re: 26 points from losing positions this season!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Woodcock's LoveChild View Post
    If you had to choose 3 games where we could have made up those points which would they be?
    That's both a mean and very loaded and complex question!

    ANY of the results where we lost or drew would qualify. In terms of where we are, however, and where those above us are, then the question takes on more significance. Had we won against those above us, our points (unless I've erred) would be:

    Derby (h) +2
    Ipswich (h) +2
    Watford (a) +2
    Brentford (h) +3
    Boro (a) +3


    5 games in which we could've improved our position on those above us.(I am, disregarding possible points v those currently below us, as this could get to infinite "what ifs" and for the sake of argument we should look up not down, not to mention hauling in those above is harder, therefore those games take more relevance in the context of the question).

    Too late for me to go into GD etc, but the rough table, if I've got it right, had we gained full points in those 5 games: Bournemouth on 66 pts, Norwich 65, Derby and Watford on 64, Boro 63, Forest 62, with Ipswich and Brentford on 59. (That's assuming my maths is correct and I've not missed or misread something!)

    Ipswich, Brentford and Boro, have to be the 3 then. Gaining us 8 pts, and 3 places, with a tiny bit of wriggle room also. Having said that, with so many matches where points are at stake in the top 12, anything can happen, and probably still will!

    Edit, ummed and agghed about including Watford, but as we have these to play, hoping for them to drop and us to gain. Some real 6 pointers at the top, for everyone involved.

    Last edited by forestzoe; 09-03-15 at 03:10.

  8. #7

    Default Re: 26 points from losing positions this season!

    Quote Originally Posted by forestzoe View Post
    That's both a mean and very loaded and complex question!

    ANY of the results where we lost or drew would qualify. In terms of where we are, however, and where those above us are, then the question takes on more significance. Had we won against those above us, our points (unless I've erred) would be:

    Derby (h) +2
    Ipswich (h) +2
    Watford (a) +2
    Brentford (h) +3
    Boro (a) +3


    5 games in which we could've improved our position on those above us.(I am, disregarding possible points v those currently below us, as this could get to infinite "what ifs" and for the sake of argument we should look up not down, not to mention hauling in those above is harder, therefore those games take more relevance in the context of the question).

    Too late for me to go into GD etc, but the rough table, if I've got it right, had we gained full points in those 5 games: Bournemouth on 66 pts, Norwich 65, Derby and Watford on 64, Boro 63, Forest 62, with Ipswich and Brentford on 59. (That's assuming my maths is correct and I've not missed or misread something!)

    Ipswich, Brentford and Boro, have to be the 3 then. Gaining us 8 pts, and 3 places, with a tiny bit of wriggle room also. Having said that, with so many matches where points are at stake in the top 12, anything can happen, and probably still will!

    Edit, ummed and agghed about including Watford, but as we have these to play, hoping for them to drop and us to gain. Some real 6 pointers at the top, for everyone involved.
    It starts to tie you in knots when you start thinking about it and you really just end up torturing yourself.

    I like your logical approach to the question in regarding the teams above us. Didn't even consider that. Derr!

    I was just thinking of the top 3 games where we could have most likely made up the 7 or 8 points DutchHorse was referring to.


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Warrington.
    Posts
    3,482

    Default Re: 26 points from losing positions this season!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Woodcock's LoveChild View Post
    It starts to tie you in knots when you start thinking about it and you really just end up torturing yourself.

    I like your logical approach to the question in regarding the teams above us. Didn't even consider that. Derr!

    I was just thinking of the top 3 games where we could have most likely made up the 7 or 8 points DutchHorse was referring to.
    I know! Everything is what ifs, hence I tried to approach it in a logical way, I've probably got a mistake or 2 in there, but it does show that actually we aren't far wrong, despite the horrendous run. In terms of points that have made a difference in our results v those close, we've done ok overall. We are about where we should be, we'd had few shocks, and (going back to a point I made elsewhere), had the cracking start been mixed up in terms of good run/bad run and overall results, we were about in the right place, at that point. Loving the DF start, and especially the goals from all over, hope is alive. Having said that, I also hope we start next season like this, as our 150th has the potential to be a banana skin.

    Yes, I haven't included points dropped/lost against lower teams in that run, but again it's what ifs. It's actually a very tight run-in, and if my Aunt had bollocks she'd have been my Uncle!


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Asply
    Posts
    8,311

    Default Re: 26 points from losing positions this season!

    Quote Originally Posted by CloughyForEngland View Post
    Brighton, Bournemouth, Boro, Blackpool. 10 points from losing positions (should have been 12!)
    Fantastic how you made this statement into a negative well played


  11. #10
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45,677

    Default Re: 26 points from losing positions this season!

    Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post
    Fantastic how you made this statement into a negative well played
    Do you think derby are kicking themselves after the final 5 minutes last saturday? Even though they were against 11 men? Should they be disappointed they couldn't see it out? Is it negative of their fans to point it out? Or is that situation different because it doesn't fit your argument?


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Asply
    Posts
    8,311

    Default Re: 26 points from losing positions this season!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    Do you think derby are kicking themselves after the final 5 minutes last saturday? Even though they were against 11 men? Should they be disappointed they couldn't see it out? Is it negative of their fans to point it out? Or is that situation different because it doesn't fit your argument?
    Why were those 4 games picked?

    What happened to the other games that contributed to the 'wining from losing positions'

    Was it to get that jab in about Blackpool?

    I didn't pick those games so maybe u should ask the OP why he selected just them games and was it to fit into his argument.

    I was merely pointing this out


  13. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,322

    Default Re: 26 points from losing positions this season!

    Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post
    Why were those 4 games picked?

    What happened to the other games that contributed to the 'wining from losing positions'

    Was it to get that jab in about Blackpool?

    I didn't pick those games so maybe u should ask the OP why he selected just them games and was it to fit into his argument.

    I was merely pointing this out
    Read sentence before. All Freedman results. Wasn't having a go, it's very impressive really


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Asply
    Posts
    8,311

    Default Re: 26 points from losing positions this season!

    Quote Originally Posted by CloughyForEngland View Post
    Read sentence before. All Freedman results. Wasn't having a go, it's very impressive really
    Apologies


  15. #14
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    10,460

    Default Re: 26 points from losing positions this season!

    I have to say, the 2 points dropped at Blackpool feel frustratingly annoying.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •