Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1925

Thread: Tyler Walker

Default Re: Tyler Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    So let him come back in January and show us whether, after succeeding in L2 and now L1, he is ready for the Championship.
    But are we able to recall him?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    I agree that the extra game time will have done Tyler some good, but I think now (the next season & half) is the time for that to be given a chance bare fruit here.

Mir's had 316 minutes on the pitch with us so far, and Grabban's not been injured either. I'd also argue that, had Mir looked more competent, he'd have another game or two to add to that. I think Tyler would be happy with that tbh, and that it would be the next step in his development.
    And if Grabban had been injured we'd be in the shit given how woeful Mir has been. Tyler could have had some decent game time so far this season and could be proving a lot of people wrong (or right). But either way we'd now where we stand now and wouldn't be wasting more money on shit loanees..

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    And if Grabban had been injured we'd be in the shit given how woeful Mir has been. Tyler could have had some decent game time so far this season and could be proving a lot of people wrong (or right). But either way we'd now where we stand now and wouldn't be wasting more money on shit loanees..
    I think that you need a "possibly" as Mir hasn't had a confidence-building run of games.
    Plus when he has had the odd moment, got into a good position and not scored he gets tons of abuse.
    I wouldn't want to rely on Mir as our number 1 striker, but I think it is too early to write him off as a total waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    I think that you need a "possibly" as Mir hasn't had a confidence-building run of games.
    Plus when he has had the odd moment, got into a good position and not scored he gets tons of abuse.
    I wouldn't want to rely on Mir as our number 1 striker, but I think it is too early to write him off as a total waste.
    Respectfully disagree. I think he’s robbing a career.

Interesting sort of parallel with Chelsea here. If the Prem club hadn't got a ban or hadn't sacked their manager, do you think the youngsters would be playing first team football or would the powers that be have gone out and spent millions on some foreign imports?

Decisions, decisions. Problem is that there is no hard and fast rule on footballing class; 'suck it and see' seems to best describe the methods employed.

Quote Originally Posted by CunnyFunt View Post
    Respectfully disagree. I think he’s robbing a career.
    The Spanish U21 coaches would appear to disagree with you. Not that I'm surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Interesting sort of parallel with Chelsea here. If the Prem club hadn't got a ban or hadn't sacked their manager, do you think the youngsters would be playing first team football or would the powers that be have gone out and spent millions on some foreign imports?

Decisions, decisions. Problem is that there is no hard and fast rule on footballing class; 'suck it and see' seems to best describe the methods employed.
    Its somehow a little hollow at Chelsea as they’ve been forced into playing their youngsters but they do seem to be doing ok. There’s no way they’d be playing without the transfer ban or frank as manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    The Spanish U21 coaches would appear to disagree with you. Not that I'm surprised.

Mir is Spains Ben Brereton, although I know which one I’d rather have. Tyler knows where the goal is Mir doesnt even look comfortable on the pitch let alone in front of the goal. And if he needs a run of games then he’s the wrong man for us..

Another nice finish from Tyler..

8th of the season & 47th career goal.

Don’t let him near any penalties. That was a shocker, as was the snatched follow up effort.

Last edited by Berkshire Red; 10-11-19 at 21:45.

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    Its somehow a little hollow at Chelsea as they’ve been forced into playing their youngsters but they do seem to be doing ok. There’s no way they’d be playing without the transfer ban or frank as manager.
    They've spent the last fifteen years stunting the careers of loads of young British footballers by taking any young player showing potential out of their level to make a profit. A Chelsea transfer ban has been good for all British football. They've got a long way still to go before it makes up for years of stockpiling though.

Purveyor of exotic goods

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    They've spent the last fifteen years stunting the careers of loads of young British footballers by taking any young player showing potential out of their level to make a profit. A Chelsea transfer ban has been good for all British football. They've got a long way still to go before it makes up for years of stockpiling though.
    Chelsea should learn from their success so far this season and understand club developed players will die for the badge on the pitch. to have a core of your own players should be the aim of every club in football

Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    Don’t let him near any penalties. That was a shocker, as was the snatched follow up effort.
    He really is the next Lewis Grabban.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
    Chelsea should learn from their success so far this season and understand club developed players will die for the badge on the pitch. to have a core of your own players should be the aim of every club in football
    Problem is that clubs like Chelsea have to win things to stay in the mix and make maxim7m commercial gain. As refreshing as it is to see them playing attractive football and getting strong results, they won’t win anything this season and therefore, as soon as they are able to, they’ll start buying again

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Chelsea are a fucking blight on the British game, and the sooner we're back in the Prem smashing the cvnts 5-0 every week the better.

Well done Tyler. Keep 'em coming, hope recruitment is getting duly bollocked for thinking Mir & Bonatini are better options than you.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

The rumour around the 'Bank (or the LNER Stadium as it's now known) is that Tyler is being prepared to be recalled in January and they're trying to bed Akinde back in as they're not confident they'll get another striker.

Some believe this is so he can be loaned back out to Huddersfield to reunite with the Cowleys, but I personally don't see that happening unless we are going to sign someone like Gayle or Vydra.

If the NEP are perusing this forum and decide to nick this particular rumour, please tweet me @mattxjones so I can give an actual comment and get credited for it. Thanks.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    The rumour around the 'Bank (or the LNER Stadium as it's now known) is that Tyler is being prepared to be recalled in January and they're trying to bed Akinde back in as they're not confident they'll get another striker.

Some believe this is so he can be loaned back out to Huddersfield to reunite with the Cowleys, but I personally don't see that happening unless we are going to sign someone like Gayle or Vydra.

If the NEP are perusing this forum and decide to nick this particular rumour, please tweet me @mattxjones so I can give an actual comment and get credited for it. Thanks.
    You're more likely to get quoted in the Post if you post nonsense on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    You're more likely to get quoted in the Post if you post nonsense on Twitter.
    That may well be, but I take no chances

I think Tyler is ready for the Championship by now. Let's be honest, he'd be a lot better than Mir.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor_82 View Post
    I think Tyler is ready for the Championship by now. Let's be honest, he'd be a lot better than Mir.
    Even if he isn't, the logic in trying out another clubs youth player who we can't profit from over our own just shows how naive the suits upstairs have been.

Sure the usual excuse-makers will be along soon to fabricate a million reasons whilst it is impossible for us not to loan out our own academy player.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

That's a fair point Alf, but without wishing to re-ignite the argument as to whether or not Mir should have been loaned, as (I suspect) one of the "excuse-makers" you're referring to, we don't have anyone in the academy/development-squad ready to make the step-up at present (Will Swan looks a good future prospect however), at least to my untrained eye.

I've now completely changed my previous opinion that Walker should stay at Lincoln, and he should be recalled at the earliest opportunity in January to replace Mir, whose confidence looks absolutely shot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    That's a fair point Alf, but without wishing to re-ignite the argument as to whether or not Mir should have been loaned, as (I suspect) one of the "excuse-makers" you're referring to, we don't have anyone in the academy/development-squad ready to make the step-up at present (Will Swan looks a good future prospect however), at least to my untrained eye.

I've now completely changed my previous opinion that Walker should stay at Lincoln, and he should be recalled at the earliest opportunity in January to replace Mir, whose confidence looks absolutely shot to me.
    Well I'm proud of you finally coming round chap.

One day you'll see that my reasoning behind Soudani was correct too

Where's me hammer?

Recalling Walker and not bringing guaranteed goals at this level instead would show a massive lack of ambition from the club.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Recalling Walker and not bringing guaranteed goals at this level instead would show a massive lack of ambition from the club.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    It’s an half-arsed approach isn’t it.
    Not saying it couldn’t work and I like Tyler, but it’s a huge ask of him. He is more effective with two up front as well, which we hardly ever do and he’d need significantly better service than the current scraps that Grabban is feeding off.