Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1542

Thread: Tyler Walker

Not that type of player

Default Re: Tyler Walker

Walker isn't good enough for what we need. Coventry sounds like a good move for him. Lamouchi was talking up his asset before selling.

ďA lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and make sure you are.Ē

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    If he was so impressed with Tyler, and with Grabban playing like a Nun, why did Lamouchi not substitute Grabban at half time and give Tyler 45 minutes?
    I have said it before, and I'll say it again, if Walker was contracted to another club, e.g. say he was on Mansfield's books, and had scored 22 league and 4 cup goals in a season the LTLF Transfer Forum would be alive with a "We must buy Tyler Walker" thread and everyone would have been saying he was exactly the sort of striker forest needed - young, knows where the back of the net is, affordable...
    I haven't seen enough of Tyler in proper games to judge whether or not he is able to perform at this level, but I'd like to be given the opportunity.
    I can tell you he's not of the required level for the Championship.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Where's me hammer?

Hes crap, take the money and put it towards something more useful

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

I hope he goes to Coventry permanently to be honest.

Be the best thing for his career.

Mark Robins has a bit of a midas touch with strikers. I think he'll be completely backed there and I think that's probably his level right now.

I'd be more in favour of a big sell-on fee too, even for a smaller fee now. As I could see him having a good season or two at Coventry and then be sold on down the line.

Think it's the best move for us and him personally.

Has never looked good enough for what we need so I would be happy to see him move on. But how many strikers can we let go without signing anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Abdooonk View Post
    Has never looked good enough for what we need so I would be happy to see him move on. But how many strikers can we let go without signing anyone else?
    Whilst you're right I'm also not concerned because one thing Sabri and the current player recruitment team have shown is their ability to get players in without any fuss.

Strikers also tend to be a bit more long winded in getting done because most teams won't allow main strikers to leave until they have definately got a replacement. I'm pretty confident we'll have several irons in the fire but are waiting on transfers between other clubs before ours gets moving

If Walker goes, you'll be needing at least two strikers, and we're looking to offload another two...

(Don't worry, I'm just messing with you; Cuypers will be loaned out to Belgium, and Soldano will be loaned out or sold either in Argentina or in Spain.)

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Being linked with a move to Sunderland

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/201...arently-signed

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Being linked with a move to Sunderland

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/201...arently-signed
    Why would walker fly to Ponteland?? Its 2.5 hours drive away and by the time hes got through security etc hed be there.

Donít see why Walkers name is being mentioned, heís not been linked with Charlton? Unless Iím mistaken

Red til I'm dead

Picture doesnít even look like Tyler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm afraid he simply isn't good enough for a team that wishes to be challenging for promotion. If someone makes us a decent offer then sell him.

Aye Oh...Aye Oh....It's off to Mexico....with Ian Moore and Hen....er.....reee....aye oh...aye oh

Senior Doom Monger

Our much vaunted Academy seems to be great at producing dross then?
    Should we shut it down?
    Our recruitment policy buying in quality players has been a real winner over the last 20 years.

Our much vaunted Academy seems to be great at producing dross then?
    Should we shut it down?
    Our recruitment policy buying in quality players has been a real winner over the last 20 years.
    To be honest Cap whilst I think Walker could have been shown more faith this pre-season on the pitch he probably hasn't grabbed the opportunities with both hands when he has been on.

Unfortunately you don't get afforded much time anymore and it will be best if he has a season as the main man again.

We will still have Cash, Worrall & Yates part of the group from the older group (only 22 now) but as the club are gearing higher up so the talent needs to be stepped up. I think in Richardson, Johnson, Appiah & Mighten the club are extremely happy with as they moving forward.

Just hope recruitment has also stepped up a notch. The early signs look positive in that we better balanced than we have been for some time. Individual quality can have question marks but it is how Lamouch gets the team and squad playing together that counts.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Hes crap, take the money and put it towards something more useful

A bit harsh Baz considering what he did last season, I do agree he’s not Championship level though.
    He isn’t physically powerful and he isn’t particularly fast so it’s difficult to see how he’d get top side of some of the quality defenders in this league. His only chance would be alongside another striker and attacking midfielders, like what Sheff Utd were doing last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    A bit harsh Baz considering what he did last season, I do agree he’s not Championship level though.
    He isn’t physically powerful and he isn’t particularly fast so it’s difficult to see how he’d get top side of some of the quality defenders in this league. His only chance would be alongside another striker and attacking midfielders, like what Sheff Utd were doing last season.
    Good shout mate.

I'd have like to have seen Olivera come in. I think he'd provide a good partner to both Walker & Grabs, and you'd have a nice little set of options to rotate there.

Tyler was always gonna be in the backup category. If he's to do owt this season it should be with the role in mind for him to add asecond striking option from the bench for the last 20-30 if needs be.

Forum Tactician

Walkers one of the most passive strikers Ive ever seen.

Theres clearly talent there, but fucking hell this lad needs to get some fire in his belly before he goes to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post

Theres clearly talent there, but fucking hell this lad needs to get some fire in his belly before he goes to the next level.
    100%

Something needs to come out to show he believes in himself. Think that is his biggest obstacle.

Senior Doom Monger

It must be a bit of a headache for Lamouchi: if Grabban gets injured, as things stand we are right up the creek without a paddle.
    Maybe Lamouchi has told Grabban not to go full tilt in the warm up games, and that performance against Palace by him wasn't because he is a lazy, miserable, money-grubbing mercenary after all.

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post

Perhaps Des could have a word and threaten him with a couple of hours coaching from Lloyd, Burns and Psycho.
    That would put some wood in his pencil... or kill him off.

It must be a bit of a headache for Lamouchi: if Grabban gets injured, as things stand we are right up the creek without a paddle.
    Maybe Lamouchi has told Grabban not to go full tilt in the warm up games, and that performance against Palace by him wasn't because he is a lazy, miserable, money-grubbing mercenary after all.
    There's got to be incoming quality, has to be.

We seemed detirmined to get rid of most our forwards. Not even our lot are THAT stupid that they're doing that without replacements incoming, Shirely?

I think thatís a bit harsh on Grabban, really. Heís clearly not quite Prem standard but good enough to walk into any promotion-chasing championship side; meaning he inevitably gets sold/loaned out as soon as the club is promoted

Maybe Lamouchi has told Grabban not to go full tilt in the warm up games
    There could be some truth in that. He's already seen one of our most creative players injured so he might have told him to go at 70%.

Forum Tactician

Grabbans class, we know what he can do. Nothing that transpired in the Palace warm up changes that.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    A bit harsh Baz considering what he did last season, I do agree heís not Championship level though.
    He isnít physically powerful and he isnít particularly fast so itís difficult to see how heíd get top side of some of the quality defenders in this league. His only chance would be alongside another striker and attacking midfielders, like what Sheff Utd were doing last season.
    In your own words if hes not championship level he shouldn't be here. It's a wage we are paying him and a potential fee coming in so money we are losing.

He found his level last year.