Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1630

Thread: Tyler Walker

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Default Re: Tyler Walker

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    I am a fan of Tyler but he is going to be nearly 23 years old going in to next season, it isn't fair on him just to keep him around as a backup who you know is never going to push Grabben for the starting spot. Him, Grant and Smith should all be brought in pre-season and be told the club are going to find them the best situation they can find and sell them, if nothing comes up they will find the best loan for them. Do right by the player, write in a buy-back clause if they do well in league 1 or something, but don't Zach Clough the poor fuckers.
    Nice sentiment, but I don't think 6 months having the opportunity to potentially break into a Champ side (which should be aiming to be a Prem side in the next 2 years) is hindering his career as much as some may think. Not at 23 anyway.

If he's not featuring enough & wants a move, loan or otherwise, no reason why he can't move out in Jan.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Nice sentiment, but I don't think 6 months having the opportunity to potentially break into a Champ side (which should be aiming to be a Prem side in the next 2 years) is hindering his career as much as some may think. Not at 23 anyway.

If he's not featuring enough & wants a move, loan or otherwise, no reason why he can't move out in Jan.

Agree with you Alf. Why are you in the game if you have no ambition. If he does stay, then we will know more by January like you say. Got to give it a shot if the staff deem that you may contribute.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 14-05-19 at 10:12.

Where's me hammer?

I see it as settling again, bringing back in a player who might do ok/might not be injured.

That's been our philosophy for a decade now and it has got us nowhere.

He ain't good enough for a play off push in the championship, so let's find him a club, wish him well, make a profit and concentrate on the players that are good enough.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I see it as settling again, bringing back in a player who might do ok/might not be injured.

That's been our philosophy for a decade now and it has got us nowhere.

He ain't good enough for a play off push in the championship, so let's find him a club, wish him well, make a profit and concentrate on the players that are good enough.

To me you're 3rd/4th choice striker is never good enough. Else they'd be first choice.

Our settling has been when 2nd choice forrads are folk like Murphs & Tudders. So long as we sign another good quality striker to back Grabban up, Tyler - or similar - has a role to play imo.

Where's me hammer?

To me you're 3rd/4th choice striker is never good enough. Else they'd be first choice.

Our settling has been when 2nd choice forrads are folk like Murphs & Tudders. So long as we sign another good quality striker to back Grabban up, Tyler - or similar - has a role to play imo.

Your 2nd 3rd and 4th choice has to be able to make an impact otherwise what's the point?

Are we bringing him on to see out games if hes 4th choice? Radio Nottingham said he struggled doing that for Mansfield.

Waste of a shirt and a loss of potential profit

It's all about mid-table...

I think our management have the nouse to know what to do with him.

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    This is the most sensible post on this thread to date (other than this post).
    26 goals in a season is surely indicative that the lad has something in him.
    It is now the "close season" and over the summer Tyler will rejoin the squad and be put through his paces.
    He will either convince MONARK that he can do the stuff at this level, or not.
    Either way in MONARK we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Your 2nd 3rd and 4th choice has to be able to make an impact otherwise what's the point?

Are we bringing him on to see out games if hes 4th choice? Radio Nottingham said he struggled doing that for Mansfield.

Waste of a shirt and a loss of potential profit

Flawed/developing players can make an impact tho.

We won't be making any profit if we have to sign a striker to replace him. I'd sooner the bulk of the pot go towards first team certs & 2nd string players, not the backup ones.

I'm easy either way, I just think he's an option worth considering.

Stats from Wyscout.

Tyler Walker only just finished below his xG for the season. Mansfield created in high volume and he was a reliable option up front. Contributions look to go beyond that with him ranking in the top quartile for passing in and around the final third.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 07-06-19 at 10:33.

Starting to hope it pans out so he gets a chance this season. If we can't give our own a go after scoring 25 goals then what's the point?

I’d like to see Tyler go to a good League One side for a seasons loan.

If he can hit 10-15 goals there then I’d say he was a good option for us.

Last season was still Tyler's first full season of professional football. Let him have a go at a higher standard - League One, or somewhere technically decent on the continent - and see what he can do. It's hard to really gauge a players level when they're performing at a standard as poor as League Two can be.

I'm of the other mindset, give him the opportunity to shine whilst he's hot.

If he doesn't do well we can always loan him to a L1 side in Jan.

Default Tyler Walker

I make myself laugh sometimes and I’m not ashamed to say it

Last edited by MXJ; 26-06-19 at 19:50.

Miserable bastard

Flawed/developing players can make an impact tho.

We won't be making any profit if we have to sign a striker to replace him. I'd sooner the bulk of the pot go towards first team certs & 2nd string players, not the backup ones.
    Indeed. If we're going to take a punt on anyone, then he's at the right end of the age and wage scale that it's not a massive gamble.

I'm of the other mindset, give him the opportunity to shine whilst he's hot.

If he doesn't do well we can always loan him to a L1 side in Jan.
    I expect he'll get a chance at Alfreton and in Spain. Provided he does ok, I'd give him 6 months to prove himself here.

There's nothing wrong with loaning him out, but if we do it before giving him a run out, he'll remain an unknown quantity.

Last edited by Green Jumper; 26-06-19 at 16:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    MON knows how to nurture youth that his forte, if his good enough MON will find out

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jumper View Post
    I expect he'll get a chance at Alfreton and in Spain. Provided he does ok, I'd give him 6 months to prove himself here.

There's nothing wrong with loaning him out, but if we do it before giving him a run out, he'll remain an unknown quantity.
    Wasn't it last summer that Vellios was banging goals in for fun in our pre-season tour games.
    Worked well for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Wasn't it last summer that Vellios was banging goals in for fun in our pre-season tour games.
    Worked well for him...
    That's not a reason to discount Walker. That was 2 years ago under a different manager and Walker and Vellios have virtually nothing in common.

If he does well in pre-season, he'll have earned his chance. If not, we can look to get rid.

Walker was up front for us during a relative famine of midfield creativity. We have Lolley and Carvalho now. Let's see what they can feed him.

Steve Stone got his first start in the first team at 22, after a couple of sub appearances. Owt can happen.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Fail View Post
    Walker was up front for us during a relative famine of midfield creativity. We have Lolley and Carvalho now. Let's see what they can feed him.

Steve Stone got his first start in the first team at 22, after a couple of sub appearances. Owt can happen.
    Walker played right wing and looked better than Brereton. And we sold Brereton for 6 mil then loaned out Walker believing Murphy was good enough.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

It will be like a new signing

Personally don't think he's at the desired level.

But if he is given the chance, I hope he grabs it.

Clapham Eco Warrior

I think Appiah is the more promising of the two lads but I'd like to see Tyler given a chance

I wonder what those people calling for Tyler would have made of his performance today. Should have been eager to impress as Johnson and Appiah did. I really don't think he's got what it takes.