Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Walker

Too School for Cool

Default Re: Tyler Walker

Walker was immense down that right hand side, bossed it all afternoon. What a great prospect.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    I am always amazed that any fan writes off any player under the age of 25. There's still SO much development & change that the player can potentially go through before that age physically, mentaly & experience wise.

On one hand we have fans tell us they want a well run club on minimal wage, then on the next they're telling us players in their early 20's are no good, despite them being way off peaking.

Hope that Walker's recent performances cements a few to be more tolerant of young players. Even if they don't make the grade, it usually costs us far less to give them a chance to (hello Schteve Mc-break wage cap for Miller, Greening, Botawank & Derbyshire-Laren)
    Dont be ridiculous, our fans were wanting MW sacked a few weeks ago for being mid table even though they apparently wanted stability and a comfortable mod table finish after the last 3 years.

Crazy looking back at this thread. Some of the stick he got from the Freedman era was uncalled for.

Just enjoyed going through some of old posts and video footage of his goals for 18s and 23s.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Indeed.

I've never seen Walker as a huge goal scorer but has an all-round game that if harnessed correctly can be a huge player for us going forward.

I think with his strong driving running style he could be a dangerous player with the ball and running in behind for Montanier. The fact that he likes to score good-looking goals (the other types he needs to work on - like the one he scored for Burton) but cutting-in from the left and unleashing shots is definitely working to his strengths.
    [QUOTE=BryanRoy;2435604]Just to give this thread a bump. Trying to get some of his goals on the Youtube on here. Our best bet as a young centre-forward after Bamford. Got that confidence sucked out of him in the last few months. Need to see the Walker of 13/14 and 14/15 season.

FA YOUTH CUP hat trick v WBA and take over his shoulder reminiscent of Brentford v Burnley.

I've never seen him as a striker at this level, but he was devastating at right wing yesterday.

One of our own.

Having two good goalscorers around the club takes the pressure off the young players like Tyler and Brereton meaning they can perform with less expectation and less feeling that they have to do well or else the club won't do well. Warburton is spot on giving Tyler a chance to prove himself, and at the same time take Brereton out of the spotlight for a while.

Previously you always knew Tyler had the talent but because he wasn't strong enough couldn't really get into games and wouldn't get much change out of your typical Danny Shittu style lump Championship centre halves. He looks a bit stronger these days, but maybe still a touch lightwelght, no doubt he can work on his strength a bit more and become an important player...

When Walker played on the wing under Freedman he had a lot more dirty work to do for the team, which I don't think suited him at all.

Under Warburton in the same position he looks a completely different player, given freedom to express himself.

There is also the fact that's he's really matured since then and looks more than capable of being a first team regular now.

It's going to be difficult to leave him out of the next game.

Too School for Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    When Walker played on the wing under Freedman he had a lot more dirty work to do for the team, which I don't think suited him at all.

Under Warburton in the same position he looks a completely different player, given freedom to express himself.

There is also the fact that's he's really matured since then and looks more than capable of being a first team regular now.

It's going to be difficult to leave him out of the next game.
    He's definitely earned another start with that performance

Said on another thread I didn't rate Walker. Glad I don't know what the fuck i'm talking about.

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    Said on another thread I didn't rate Walker. Glad I don't know what the fuck i'm talking about.

Don’t worry, that’s why we’ve got a manager like Mark Warburton in charge

Left Winger

Would you like beans or gravy with that humble pie?

It’s great to be proved wrong sometimes.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

There will be a fair few people on here eating humble pie when Benny, Tyler, Joe Worrel etc prove them wrong. Gary Brazil deserves so much praise for bringing these guys through and Warbs for pushing them on. At the end of the day there are 100's of young players out there that could make the grade but if they don't get given the chance and given time they won't. What gets me is that a club that consistently loses millions and brings in journeymen shit players on big salaries still has fans that won't be young players a year or so to prove themseleves. Even if these players don't turn into top class players they are doings more than most on the pitch and saving us money whilst helping to create a culture that helps bring through more players. Short termism is hopefully a thing of the past..

Something I did notice is both Walker and Yates scored braces at the weekend. Both didn't mention their goals on twitter:

@tylerandrew1 - What a win and what a performance!!! ������ #NFFC #YouReds ������

@ryanyates97 - What a performance from the boys tonight. Great character to come from behind and win 4-2! ⚽️⚽️@Official_NCFC

It's only a small thing but I think it shows that we're not just bringing through good players but they also seem to be humble and not your typical big time Charlie footballer and I think that is something ingrained into them from an early age.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Would you like beans or gravy with that humble pie?

It’s great to be proved wrong sometimes.
    This post made me feel ill as i always thought of humble pie as sweet, so custard or cream, you wouldn't put gravy on a dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    There will be a fair few people on here eating humble pie when Benny, Tyler, Joe Worrel etc prove them wrong. Gary Brazil deserves so much praise for bringing these guys through and Warbs for pushing them on. At the end of the day there are 100's of young players out there that could make the grade but if they don't get given the chance and given time they won't. What gets me is that a club that consistently loses millions and brings in journeymen shit players on big salaries still has fans that won't be young players a year or so to prove themseleves. Even if these players don't turn into top class players they are doings more than most on the pitch and saving us money whilst helping to create a culture that helps bring through more players. Short termism is hopefully a thing of the past..
    Agree with this 100% and have been saying the same to anyone who will listen since the Doughty days. Brilliant to see it happen. One of the reasons I'm not hung up on promotion to the Prem is that the influx of money often stymies youth development. But I think we'll get there if we stick with the current philosophy.

It's also why I didn't like Billy. Even mk1 never really gave young players a chance. I liked SOD but think he was also shy in giving young players a chance. Only really Hart, Pearce and now Warbs have consistently done it, though Monty played a few so he could rotate.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    It's also why I didn't like Billy. Even mk1 never really gave young players a chance. I liked SOD but think he was also shy in giving young players a chance. Only really Hart, Pearce and now Warbs have consistently done it, though Monty played a few so he could rotate.
    SOD watched all the U18 games so given time anyone worth a chance would have got one I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post

Previously you always knew Tyler had the talent but because he wasn't strong enough couldn't really get into games and wouldn't get much change out of your typical Danny Shittu style lump Championship centre halves. He looks a bit stronger these days, but maybe still a touch lightwelght, no doubt he can work on his strength a bit more and become an important player...
    Fair comment, though Freedmans set up forcing Walker to receive the ball in his own half did nowt to help.

Walkers strength is his finishing, so Warburtons higher line & system that creates genuine chances is also a factor in the players turn in fortune.

He was receiving the ball 20 yds further up the pitch yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    Something I did notice is both Walker and Yates scored braces at the weekend. Both didn't mention their goals on twitter:

@tylerandrew1 - What a win and what a performance!!! ������ #NFFC #YouReds ������

@ryanyates97 - What a performance from the boys tonight. Great character to come from behind and win 4-2! ⚽️⚽️@Official_NCFC

It's only a small thing but I think it shows that we're not just bringing through good players but they also seem to be humble and not your typical big time Charlie footballer and I think that is something ingrained into them from an early age.
    Was thinking along similar lines with how pleased Joe Worrall is when Tyler scores. It was the same when he scored at Mansfield.

On twitter it was basically celebrating Walker's contribution as well as the complete performance.

Yeah, Lascelles, Darlow, Mcgugan etc. barely got a game under him

Ah, I've missed those myths!

We've not had them since Cotterill's fast paced, free scoring top 6 season.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 06-11-17 at 08:44.
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post

Rocket, and great play to get himself into that position. Hoping he comes back into the fold as part of Warburtons attacking trio!
    Looks like you got your wish on Saturday Matt.

But I particularly love your staunch support for the son of Desmond in this thread.

It is what supporters should be doing with young players.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Yeah, Lascelles, Darlow, Mcgugan etc. barely got a game under him

Ah, I've missed those myths!

We've not had them since Cotterill's fast paced, free scoring top 6 season.
    Billy only properly brought through Lascelles and he would have broken through whoever was in charge. You can defend BD for many things, but bringing through youngsters is not one of them.

Despite last season being dreadful, it will and has had a positive long term impact on the youngsters that played in it. You can bet the likes of Worrall, Smith & even Osborn learnt more in those final few months of last season than they did in their previous 10 years with the club.

It was niave at time to play as many youngsters as we did last year (see opening game against Burton for example) but it has really grown a lot of them and we are seeing the benefits of it this season.

Worrall, Smith, Cash, Brereton hadn't played a minute of Championship football before last season, and all of them excluding Cash who has had injury problems, are first team regulars.

Benny was named on the bench more than once during Billy's last spell, but as far as I know didn't get on, and as soon as he was sacked Brazil named Ben in the team at Ipswich and he has not looked back.

Tyler Walker scoring at the Trent End still sounds so good.