Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Walker

Banned

Default Tyler Walker

Is it worth giving this lad a few run outs over the next few weeks? Imagine if we had kept Bamford and given him a go....

I say this because we have lost Assombalonga for a year (probably more, I think he has a long, long road ahead of him), Blackstock and Fryatt are good strikers but not prolific/consistently fit and Veldwijk doesn't yet look to be any good at all.

We are under embargo and can't splash out this summer. We could maybe get a decent loanee in but ultimately we are going to be struggling for goals up top next year.

Walker looks a hell of a prospect. Might be worth giving him the rest of the season, under no pressure and seeing how good he actually is. If he bags a few goals he will go into pre-season confident and could step up next year.

I'd definitely have this lad on the bench at the very least and give him some match experience.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Tyler Walker

Unfortunately, there is still pressure. See the "Season's still alive" thread.

But, yes, I would like to see him get game time. Not sure about starting him yet. The manager seems to think he isn't ready yet. I would argue that Oliver Burke is probably further along, which is why he is getting game time on loan, for a team pushing for promotion and on a very good cup run.

The problem is our fans or a certain minority are dicks, they'll call him shit and a waste of space and ruin his confidence. If we loaned him out till the summer that'd be best and thought about him next season.

Also Bamford trained with Chelsea for 18 months before his loan to MK which did him the world of good.

I'd love to see this happen, but we have to be careful. Being thrown in to the first team can be great for a young player but it can also be disastrous. He may not be ready for the physical demands (especially those of playing as a lone striker). Failure could set back his development. Players of his age are at a crucial stage where more fail than succeed. How many Next Big Things ever actually make it? And how quick would some of our fans be to declare him shit if he makes no impact after two or three games?
    The point is that the club has a duty of care to players like Walker and that includes making a careful assessment of what's in their best interests at this point in their development. I'd trust those who work with the player every day to make that decision at the right time.

The thing with bamford is his never gonna be anything more than a bit part player for chelsea. They will never take a risk with a kid or a non proven strikers they have to much play for. Gonna waste his career like bertrand did untill his 27 and moves to a bottom half or mid level prem team and shines. Bertrand is class for southampton but chelsea wasted 6 or 7 years of his career, he would have been in the england squad if he had been at everton about 5 years ago. Thats why england are crap, chelsea signing every player and not playing them. At least go to liverpool, who for all there failings bring through young english talent. The same with city listen to agents about big money while there career goes down the pan. Something needs to be done but the fa are to spineless and greedy

Perhaps a loan out to a non-league/4th division club for the rest of the season would help, get him some games in a meaningful environment.

As for tyler walker should run him out as a sub, fryatt aint to good as a lone striker, scores the odd goal but doesnt pull apart the defence like blackstock which allows the midfield space to attack, looked less threatening when blackstock hasnt played. Use his as a sub as assambalonga is missing for atleast of half of next season aswell.

I don't think Walker is ready to start. Maybe off the bench or a loan and then integrate him into the first team squad in preseason. If he's up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    I don't think Walker is ready to start. Maybe off the bench or a loan and then integrate him into the first team squad in preseason. If he's up to it.
    This. It's very easy for fans to say "throw him in" - but if he's not ready it could finish him before he's even started. From what I have seen, he's got something about him but he's not ready to be thrown into the Championship yet. I think when Burke comes back from Bradford he would be ready, but not Walker yet.

Devils favourite advocate

We have a few on here that watch the sides below the first team, id take their opinion on if they think hes ready or not.

Looking Hairy

Ten minutes off the bench on Saturday, bit more against Leeds. Loan him out for the rest of the season.

It's all about mid-table...

Purrim on 20 grand a week !

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

From what I've heard, young Tyler needs a big man to play off- so wouldn't fit into our shape currently. Maybe risk him on the bench in case we get a good lead but more likely he'll be loaned out to develop.

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Not that type of player

If he was ready now he'd have been in the team. Once there's no chance of the play offs I'd like to see him get a few sub appearances.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCarey View Post
    I'd love to see this happen, but we have to be careful. Being thrown in to the first team can be great for a young player but it can also be disastrous. He may not be ready for the physical demands (especially those of playing as a lone striker). Failure could set back his development. Players of his age are at a crucial stage where more fail than succeed. How many Next Big Things ever actually make it? And how quick would some of our fans be to declare him shit if he makes no impact after two or three games?
    The point is that the club has a duty of care to players like Walker and that includes making a careful assessment of what's in their best interests at this point in their development. I'd trust those who work with the player every day to make that decision at the right time.
    Couldn't agree more. I cant believe some people sense of perspective when it comes to players. If it is said that a player needs time to adjust we think that means a week to lose the jet-lag. Look at the people writing off Veldwijk on less than a handful of games.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCarey View Post
    I was trying to say this, but super coops won't listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    We have a few on here that watch the sides below the first team, id take their opinion on if they think hes ready or not.

I've seen him a few times and would probably err with a not yet. He's still a little on the light side I think but I wouldn't be outraged at seeing him on the bench.
    Full preseason with the first team squad with a view to being more involved next season for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    The problem is our fans or a certain minority are dicks, they'll call him shit and a waste of space and ruin his confidence. If we loaned him out till the summer that'd be best and thought about him next season.

Also Bamford trained with Chelsea for 18 months before his loan to MK which did him the world of good.
    no he didnt, he left us at the end of january 2012 and went on loan to MK in November 2012, thats 9 months

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Dougie should consult "Richard" about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Dougie should consult "Richard" about this.
    Richard should just be our manager now.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    Gonna waste his career like bertrand did untill his 27 and moves to a bottom half or mid level prem team and shines. Bertrand is class for southampton but chelsea wasted 6 or 7 years of his career, he would have been in the england squad if he had been at everton about 5 years ago.
    Agreed, but Bertrand hedged his bets and has a Champion's League winner's medal to show for it. I'd take that over fruitlessly chasing glory with a hapless national side any day.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtits View Post
    Richard should just be our manager now.
    He's too busy scoring goals.

Needs to like Burke, go out on loan to a lower league i think.

Victor Meldrew

I have seen him play several times. He's still a raw young talent. Championship defenders would eat him alive. He needs to be nurtured at Under 21 level until his balls have dropped.

Victor Meldrew

Burke's balls drag along the park.