Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Loan Signing? Can we? Will we?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we'll get another good player in.

3 23.08%
  • Yes, but they won't add anything to the team.

2 15.38%
  • No.

8 61.54%

Thread: Will we get any one in on loan?

Default Will we get any one in on loan?

Loan window has got to be closing pretty soon, surely?
    Do you guys think we'll bring anyone into that fifth loan spot and if we do, will they be a great like Gary Gardner or a turkey like Tom Ince?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Not that type of player

Default Re: Will we get any one in on loan?

Dougie said he is effectively looking in the bargain basement. Maybe we'll see a difficult character in on loan who he'll believe he can manage.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

winnits

I don't know.

Don't see the point. The season is done. Would rather see an academy lad get a chance. It didn't do Osborn any harm getting those matches at the tail end of last season despite coming into a team that was getting hammered every week.

Bang on supercoops! No point in spending money we don't have when there is nothing to play for. Let's see some youth (but not from the start of games) and dare I say it maybe give the big galoot Lars some more minutes and see if there is a footballer hiding in there somewhere!

What is the point of wanting a loan now.

Agree with SuperCoops, nail on the head.

lol

whats the point of not getting a loan in now? lol. I wouldnt just want to chuck in youth players and risk them getting injured(knowing our luck). I rather bring in someone, until the end of the season and just have fun. let the youth players dougie wants go with the first team to portugal or wherever we go for the summer and let them grow from there.

I think the reason he's looking for loans is because he secretly believes we hav a shout at the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got the players believing its possible, hence why we're less likely to see the young lads get chances now as originally thought.

That or he knows he needs plenty of wins between now and the end of the season regardless if he hopes to keep his job.

..is it over though? Derby are losing a lot lately, why can't other teams above us? Dammit, sorry! That's the optimist in me coming out again.

Forum Tactician

Fawaz wont give up on the playoffs until its mathematically impossible, therefore he wont lengthen Freedmans terms for fear of complacency. Freedman wont broaden his thinking until he gets a longer contract. Net result every games a cup final to Dougie. Loan a striker & forget the Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by winnits View Post
    I don't know.
    Post of the week Winnits. Congratulations.

winnits

Thanks I just thought I'd answer the question.

I don't see why we should give up unless it is mathematically impossible. With the way this league has played out throughout the season you can't discount the possibility that teams above us will drop points. It looks as if most of the teams above us are going to have a bumpy ride to the finishing line.

There really is no point. Promote a youngster or two and build the team with the players we will have here next season. Not doing this is one of our greatest failings in the last few years.

Until the mathematical chance of reaching the playoffs is over, we should be looking to loan in someone in a position we already have plenty of cover for. Preferably on a wage of 30k a week, with a whole load of baggage and an ability to disrupt the dressing room. It's how the best managers operate.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    There really is no point. Promote a youngster or two and build the team with the players we will have here next season. Not doing this is one of our greatest failings in the last few years.
    Darlow? Lascelles? Osborn?

There's 10 million+ in talent we've managed to bring through. We go through enough managers and coaches that have plenty of chance to judge our youth crop...

Quote Originally Posted by dogtits View Post
    whats the point of not getting a loan in now? lol. I wouldnt just want to chuck in youth players and risk them getting injured(knowing our luck). I rather bring in someone, until the end of the season and just have fun. let the youth players dougie wants go with the first team to portugal or wherever we go for the summer and let them grow from there.
    So we can't bring through youngsters if we're fighting relegation because a few defeats will ruin them , we can't bring them through if we're chasing promotion because their lack of experience could cost us points and ruin them and now we can't bring them through when we're in mid-table with nothing left to play for for fear of them getting injured. However, I reckon we could get some decent money selling the land that the academy is built on.

No longer unnervingly close to Anatoli's house

Quote Originally Posted by Evans007 View Post
    Darlow? Lascelles? Osborn?

There's 10 million+ in talent we've managed to bring through. We go through enough managers and coaches that have plenty of chance to judge our youth crop...
    That's not what I meant. I meant that we have lacked a true team spirit for years because we constantly replace everyone and bring loans in every few months. I'd rather develop the team we will have next year now in order to give us the best chance possible, not waste minutes on some borrowed players.