Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: Let's ruin a guys night.....

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Sarf
    Posts
    28,097

    Default Let's ruin a guys night.....


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,761

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    I hope all the results go his way except ours 😂


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,802

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    It always makes me wonder why people add so many games on accumulators, especially when games are to be played the following day.

    I usually look for between 6 and 8 games, all to be played on the same day so there's no anxious wait. Any more than that and you're probably being too ambitious. Fair fucks to him for going for it, but I hope it doesn't win simply because it'd mean us losing tonight


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Sarf
    Posts
    28,097

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    Yep, I never bet on the early or late kick offs!


  6. #5

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    Portsmouth were two down with fifteen minutes to play. What scenes in his front room!


  7. #6

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    Maybe the Championship is more predictable than everyone says


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    13,117

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    Punters dream night last night. All the Championship bankers came up. Even I converted a five fold . This kids luck runs out tonight though.


  9. #8

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    He'd probably have already been up if he'd put some trixies, doubles etc in there would he? I guess without the Forest result he might have won quite a lot that way anyway.

    Interesting that Bournemouth were shorter odds than Norwich and Atletico.

    He should put 50 quid on Forest to win and a draw. And ditto Atletico probably. And keep his bet in play window open (if he's got one) while Arsenal play in case they make hard work of it. Then we could all feel better about wanting a Forest win, without any pity for him (assuming he's a nice bloke, and not already rich).


  10. #9

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kjetil Osvald's Cat View Post
    He'd probably have already been up if he'd put some trixies, doubles etc in there would he? I guess without the Forest result he might have won quite a lot that way anyway.

    Interesting that Bournemouth were shorter odds than Norwich and Atletico.

    He should put 50 quid on Forest to win and a draw. And ditto Atletico probably. And keep his bet in play window open (if he's got one) while Arsenal play in case they make hard work of it. Then we could all feel better about wanting a Forest win, without any pity for him (assuming he's a nice bloke, and not already rich).
    I didn't mean that exactly as it reads (which could be terrible advice). More like bet on Bournemouth not to win or bet on Forest to win (on Draw No Bet) and a Draw separately. Or something. There should be a way to cover himself and at least win something, depending on how much of his potential winnings he wants to 'waste' to do so.

    He'll possibly have some ideas himself if he's a good gambler rather than a potential lucky winner though. I wonder if he does similar bets regularly hoping one will eventually come in (like a lottery ticket). Not to give anyone ideas about spending money you don't have though - if he's sticking a fiver a time on he could probably afford to lose every time.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    10,187

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    I picked my 4 teams to win last night. Bristol Rovers, Derby, Boro and Watford. Forgot to go to the bookies on the way home, remembered at about 8pm. Looked this morning, all came in. Pissed off!!


  12. #11

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kjetil Osvald's Cat View Post
    I didn't mean that exactly as it reads (which could be terrible advice). More like bet on Bournemouth not to win or bet on Forest to win (on Draw No Bet) and a Draw separately. Or something. There should be a way to cover himself and at least win something, depending on how much of his potential winnings he wants to 'waste' to do so.

    He'll possibly have some ideas himself if he's a good gambler rather than a potential lucky winner though. I wonder if he does similar bets regularly hoping one will eventually come in (like a lottery ticket). Not to give anyone ideas about spending money you don't have though - if he's sticking a fiver a time on he could probably afford to lose every time.
    Hmm, having a quick look at the odds I reckon he might have to pick which game to cover between Bournemouth not winning and Atletico not winning (maybe he could could cover the Arsenal game too as the odds are bigger on them not winning). He could try both but then if only one result went against him he'd lose more than his original stake - he'd be ok if both went as originally predicted obviously or would win something if both went the other way.

    Anyway good luck to him. But also to Forest.


  13. #12

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    Maybe I'd do this actually (at the risk of losing £55, or winning £50 less, but to win £70+ if both results go against what he predicted)


    Betslip
    Selection
    2
    ?










    Selection
    Odds
    Stake
    Clear




    Double Chance - Bayer Leverkusen v Atletico Madrid


    Bayer Leverkusen or Draw 4/7






    Double Chance - Nottingham Forest v Bournemouth


    Nottingham Forest or Draw 8/13




    Accumulators / Multiples
    ?









    Bet Type
    Each Way
    Stake


    Double 1@ i







    Singles i













    Summary


    Total Stake
    50.00

    Potential
    126.9


    Maybe a smaller bet on Arsenal not winning separately on in play.
    Not exactly going to be able to set himself up for a big win without gambling a lot though. Harsh (unless others have ideas - not that he's likely to read forest forum).


  14. #13

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    That's meant to be a copy and paste of a £50 double on Atletico and Bournemouth not winning. Which I didn't place obviously.


  15. #14

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    Maybe he can also put money on Bournemouth to win and Atletico to not as a double, and vice versa (as he's got them both winning covered already)? If he can maybe he can use more of his potential winnings, and guarantee winning something?

    But my brain hurts now.


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    10,730

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    Betting on Arsenal winning - definitely one of life's gamblers.


  17. #16
    Dinosaur Prick
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    23,339

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    Last night was one of those rare occurances where it seemed like all the favourites won. I had £90 in my account and was going to go for Norwich/Derby/Brentford/Wolves but played it safe and just put it all on Derby for a small return, which is obviously annoying in hindsight! I had a decent accumulator going the other day but Chelsea drawing with Burnley fucked it!


  18. #17
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45,225

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    If the blokes got any thing about him he'll be laying them bets off on betfair to guarantee some kind of profit no matter what.


  19. #18

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    If the blokes got any thing about him he'll be laying them bets off on betfair to guarantee some kind of profit no matter what.
    That's probably a lot simpler than what I was suggesting lol!

    I did gradually win some money involving those sort of methods (plus free bets when opening accounts) last year but took it all out apart from a few quid which is sitting on Federer each way to win Wimbledon and Harry Kane each way to be PL top scorer (so reaching the final and being 2nd top scorer would win something respectively as the odds were quite good due to others being favourites).


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Shakey Wakey/Leeds Border
    Posts
    15,645

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Betting on Arsenal winning - definitely one of life's gamblers.
    This ^

    Every time I have bet on them they never fucking win.
    I would be more worried about that then us.
    Mind we will win.


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sutton-in-Ashfield
    Posts
    2,974

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    Not just me who cleaned up then? Sheep, 'Boro, Watford, Brentford all came in for me. I usually have a silly £1 bet but didn't bother, wish i did as i would have made a killing on those results!


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands
    Posts
    6,257

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    I once lost £147 against a £2 stake on a 4 match accumulator when David Platt missed a penalty for Villa. Bastard.


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    10,730

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    At least he later redeemed himself with his time in charge of us.


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    3,942

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    Im no expert, but could he not lay bets on the remaining results so that whatever the outcome now he will be rich?

    I remember a mate had a 10p bet on every prem fixture and he just needed the monday night fixture to with like 5 grand

    Everyone told him to bet big on the other team and he would win either way

    He didnt, and lucky for him his team actually won.


  25. #24
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45,225

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerthecat View Post
    I once lost £147 against a £2 stake on a 4 match accumulator when David Platt missed a penalty for Villa. Bastard.
    I once did a 20 team over 0.5 goals accumulator.....tenner stake approx approx 2k return. Last game hibs v hearts live on sky.... Not only was there no goals there wasent a single shot. Ive hated the scottish ever since.


  26. #25

    Default Re: Let's ruin a guys night.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jah View Post
    Im no expert, but could he not lay bets on the remaining results so that whatever the outcome now he will be rich?

    I remember a mate had a 10p bet on every prem fixture and he just needed the monday night fixture to with like 5 grand

    Everyone told him to bet big on the other team and he would win either way

    He didnt, and lucky for him his team actually won.
    That was what was in my mind but it's complicated by there being 3 games left rather than just the one.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •