Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Players On Loan

Default Players On Loan

Newcastle supporters keep a tab on their loan players. Considering the Umbongo situation along with injuries, I thought it might be an idea to keep tabs on the players we have out on loan:

1) Dan Harding - On loan to Millwall until the end of the season.
    Started and played a full 90 mins for Millwall who lost away to Leeds by a goal to nil.
    Millwall defender Dan Harding speaks to BBC London 94.9 after Saturday's 1-0 defeat against Leeds in the Championship.
    He has played in 5 matches for Millwall so far. Apart from his first match where he played for 60 mins he has played a full 90 mins in every game.

2) Jamie Mackie - On loan to Reading until the end of the season.
    Started and was subbed in the 72nd min playing away to Derby in the FA cup which Reading won 1 - 2.
    He has played in 20 matches (11 as sub) so far and has scored once with 3 assists and has been yellow carded 3 times.

3) Greg Halford - On loan to Brighton until the end of the season.
    Came on as sub in the 83rd minute as Brighton drew away to Sheffield Weds 0 - 0.
    He has made 9 appearances for Brighton so far 5 of which were as a sub and has been yellow carded 3 times.

4) Louis Laing - On loan to Motherwell until the end of the season.
    Started and was red carded in the 25th minute for making a last-man challenge. 10 man Motherwell went on to hang on for a 1-1 draw.

This was his first game for Motherwell.
    Prior to this he had made 12 appearances for Notts County receiving a single yellow card.

5) Radoslaw Majewski - On loan to Huddersfield Town until the end of the season.
    Started and was subbed on 58 mins when Huddersfield were 0 - 3 down at home to Bournemouth. The match ended 0 - 4.
    He has made 7 appearances (4 as sub) with one assist, no goals and no cards.

6) Djamel Abdoun - On loan to Lokeren until the end of the season.
    Came on as sub in the 71st minute as Lokeren drew away to Club Bruges 1 - 1.
    He has made 2 appearances as sub with no goals, assists or cards.

I'll try to post an update on any of our loan players whenever I can. If anyone comes across anything relevant to these players whether good bad or ugly from match reports or forums, feel free to do so.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Players On Loan

What happened to 2 3 and 4

Harding and Halford are both out of contract ( i think Harding might have already agreed a deal in principle to join Millwall ) this summer, Laing is too, but he has an option to extend his contract which seems like it will be taken up if it hasnt already, Raddy and Mackie both have 1 year left on their contracts, Abdoun has a few years left, but if we can get some money for him in the summer, hes as good as gone.

Didn't Abdoun sign a 3yr deal? So he'll have one more year left? (Didn't mean to dislike that post by the way, on an iPad with a mind of its own)

Quote Originally Posted by bgd View Post
    Didn't Abdoun sign a 3yr deal? So he'll have one more year left? (Didn't mean to dislike that post by the way, on an iPad with a mind of its own)
    a likely story, we are now mortal enemies! ( and yes, you might be right )

How do we not have a thread for this already? It should become a forum classic.

Harding's an alright squad player but he's off. I suppose we'll always have Spurs. He was incandescent. Halford should have done enough to make Freedman want him back but he hasn't. Always flatters to deceive. We're better off rid. Laing will feature for us next year, as will Reira. We've too many biscuits defenders for them not to, what with the embargo. Both will be as good as Lascelles and Collins, I'm sure. There's positivity for you.

Abdoun - he's not exactly shone so far. He's proven happy to sit there and collect money, so either Freedman will kick him into some sort of shape (the summer will be interesting) or he'll rot in riches. I can't see a club matching his wage. Of course, this might mean we pay the difference. That happens. I'd be a bit sick if so.

As for Mackie and Raddy - they are both doing about as meh as one might expect them to if they were on a gentle downward slope from their Forest days. Again wages for a buying club might be a problem. As with Abdoun, there's the same possibilities for next year.

I don't look at any of these loans and wish we still had them here, based on their records away from Trentside.

As for that article on Darscelles, it paints a woeful picture, and it's not fair. I'd gladly see both out of the first 11 but they both have bright futures and would benefit fro playing alongside better footballers.

Mackie and Raddy could both do jobs for us next season, maybe Harding too. The rest can go.

Apart from Laing, he should be heavily involved for us next season. Promising.

Looking Hairy

Good old Raddy, another season wasted having had no effect whatsoever...

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    Mackie and Raddy could both do jobs for us next season, maybe Harding too. The rest can go.

Apart from Laing, he should be heavily involved for us next season. Promising.
    ...but despite this, people still think he can do a job for us next year. Amazing, I wish I could live off work from 4 or 5 years ago too.

Last edited by Kelvin's Local; 16-02-15 at 18:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin's Local View Post
    Good old Raddy, another season wasted having had no effect whatsoever...

...but despite this, people still think he can do a job for us next year. Amazing, I wish I could live off work from 4 or 5 years ago too.

Chris Powell was quoted earlier on in the season saying Majewski was out due to 'personal problems', so I think it's harsh to judge him this season. If there wasn't any issues, let's face it, he would be playing for Huddersfield with all due respect to them.

If Freedman favours floor football, Raddy is ideal as we've seen in previous years. All depends on finance I suppose.

I personally would keep Raddy around as a squad player for the final year of his contract unless someone comes in with some decent money for him, hes proven he has talent, Dougie might be able to get him playing well, but the most important part is that we will need depth and with us being unable to buy anyone, we might not be able to sign anyone better than him

So we loan out fit players and keep the crocked ones?

Quote Originally Posted by twobob View Post
    So we loan out fit players and keep the crocked ones?
    Welcome to Nottingham Forest

Not really bothered about most of them, think Halford, Harding, Raddy will leave on frees in summer, as well as Abdoun. Might be worth keeping Laing, he could still come good and might be worth bringing Mackie back too to bolster attacking options especially with Britt out long term and fact that we can't sign anyone other than frees

Quote Originally Posted by cms186 View Post
    I personally would keep Raddy around as a squad player for the final year of his contract unless someone comes in with some decent money for him, hes proven he has talent, Dougie might be able to get him playing well, but the most important part is that we will need depth and with us being unable to buy anyone, we might not be able to sign anyone better than him
    For whatever reason, Raddy can't even get into a fairly poor Huddersfield side so I doubt any club is going to offer decent money for him. He'll end up being another £1m+ purchase who ends up walking away for nothing.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    Chris Powell was quoted earlier on in the season saying Majewski was out due to 'personal problems', so I think it's harsh to judge him this season. If there wasn't any issues, let's face it, he would be playing for Huddersfield with all due respect to them.

If Freedman favours floor football, Raddy is ideal as we've seen in previous years. All depends on finance I suppose.
    His father died, possibly suddenly and possibly at a relatively young age given that Radi is still in his twenties.

Grief and loss can affect people in different ways.

Jamie Mackie
    Was on the subs bench tonight as Reading faced second from bottom Wigan at home but did not make an appearance as the visitors won 0 - 1.

Last edited by CaptainBlack; 18-02-15 at 00:23.

Double Post

Last edited by CaptainBlack; 18-02-15 at 00:23. Reason: Double Post

lol

Abdoun, I can't WAIT till he comes back. Hopefully, he'll get a chance and not gonna be shipped off. He can still be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtits View Post
    Abdoun, I can't WAIT till he comes back. Hopefully, he'll get a chance and not gonna be shipped off. He can still be useful.
    I'll try to keep an eye out for any news on Abdoun but it's not as easy as the others as I have to trawl the news in French.

His team Lokeren play a Belgian league side called Mouscron-Péruwelz this Saturday.

lol

Default Players On Loan

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlack View Post
    I'll try to keep an eye out for any news on Abdoun but it's not as easy as the others as I have to trawl the news in French.

His team Lokeren play a Belgian league side called Mouscron-Péruwelz this Saturday.
    No need to do that, I imagine your on the side as everyone else that he is crap.

No need to do that, I imagine your on the side as everyone else that he is crap.
    I'm going to be objective about the whole thing. Whatever news comes out regarding our loan players, I'll post it here, good or bad.

If you come across any news about Abdoun, feel free to post it here yourself.

Where's me hammer?

Hes not crap, hes just very temperamental

Rzarecteh Dislikes This Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    For whatever reason, Raddy can't even get into a fairly poor Huddersfield side so I doubt any club is going to offer decent money for him. He'll end up being another £1m+ purchase who ends up walking away for nothing.

Tbf we've had our money's worth from him.

Rzarecteh Dislikes This Post

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    Tbf we've had our money's worth from him.
    We've certainly had a better return than we have from Abdoun.

Apart from Laing, I'm not bothered about seeing any of them return.