Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: We wont go down but

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    214

    Default We wont go down but

    I reckon we are going to go on a run of horrigic defeats now. We have hardly any fit defenders, no competition for places and we let in 4 goals against a team that scored less than Mother Theresa. I know we scored 4 goals but they have the worst defense in the league and only had ten men or less for over 20 minutes

    We play most of the top 6 again between now and the end of the season. I suppose the only consolation is if we ship goals and losses we will put a dent in Direby's promotion push.

    Realistic hopes for the next 15 games



    Nottm Forest V Bolton - Draw

    Nottm Forest V Bournemouth - Loss

    Reading V Nottm Forest - Loss

    Charlton V Nottm Forest - Draw

    Nottm Forest V Middlesbrough - Loss

    Leeds V Nottm Forest - loss

    Nottm Forest V Rotherham - Win

    Norwich V Nottm Forest - Loss

    Nottm Forest V Wolves - Draw

    Brentford V Nottm Forest - Win

    Nottm Forest V Huddersfield - Win

    Nottm Forest V Watford - Loss

    Blackburn V Nottm Forest - Loss

    Ipswich V Nottm Forest - Loss

    Nottm Forest V Cardiff - Draw


    13 points - finish on a total of 54 and between 12th and 15th

    Last edited by dayred; 15-02-15 at 13:02. Reason: correcting my shite adding up

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    15,308

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    That's why we need Millwall etc to keep getting beaten. Keep the gap healthy !

    I'm off to sample a gallon.


  4. #3
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45,225

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    I think we will be able to make a better accessment of this after the Bolton game, ie another mid table team about where most of us think we are.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    2,082

    Default Re: We wont go down but




  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,815

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    Just when I was enjoying the football. May as well not bother going to anymore games.


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    13,126

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    This is the championship, anything can happen. Typified by your prediction of a loss away at Leeds & a win away at Brentford! Regardless of the circumstances we were 2 minutes from 3 wins in 3. I think these predictions are on the negative side.


  8. #7
    Victor Meldrew
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Bridgford
    Posts
    14,808

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    The point you are all missing is that we have already been relegated to the Conference and are in administration.
    The club will shut down for good and forever next weekend.


  9. #8
    Victor Meldrew
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Bridgford
    Posts
    14,808

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    Now Forest no longer exist I aim to spend my weekends birdwatching at Attenboro Nature Reserve.


  10. #9
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    15,308

    Default Re: We wont go down but




  11. #10

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    I think it's worse than that. Dayred, you ignore all the 10 goals we score, and acknowledge the goals conceeded. What you fail to ignore is all our good players too.

    Burke, Lansbury & Osborn hitting form and scoring goals. Antonio having had a great season and being a constant threat. Dex coming back and scoring. A very, very capable forward in Fryatt. etc.

    I think we need to ignore these factors too and accept we're relegation certs.


  12. #11
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    31,743

    Default Re: We wont go down but



    RIP NFFC

    "Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,053

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    Quote Originally Posted by dayred View Post
    I reckon we are going to go on a run of horrigic defeats now. We have hardly any fit defenders, no competition for places and we let in 4 goals against a team that scored less than Mother Theresa. I know we scored 4 goals but they have the worst defense in the league and only had ten men or less for over 20 minutes

    We play most of the top 6 again between now and the end of the season. I suppose the only consolation is if we ship goals and losses we will put a dent in Direby's promotion push.

    Realistic hopes for the next 15 games



    Nottm Forest V Bolton - Draw

    Nottm Forest V Bournemouth - Loss

    Reading V Nottm Forest - Loss

    Charlton V Nottm Forest- Draw

    Nottm Forest V Middlesbrough - Loss

    Leeds V Nottm Forest - loss

    Nottm Forest V Rotherham - Win

    Norwich V Nottm Forest - Loss

    Nottm Forest V Wolves - Draw

    Brentford V Nottm Forest - Win

    Nottm Forest V Huddersfield - Win

    Nottm Forest V Watford - Loss

    Blackburn V Nottm Forest - Loss

    Ipswich V Nottm Forest - Loss

    Nottm Forest V Cardiff - Draw


    13 points - finish on a total of 54 and between 12th and 15th
    You WUM!

    No one could have predicted 7 from 9 so you never know what will happen next. I'm sure we will lose, but we will win too. Let's hope we win more than we lose!

    Dougie will get the best out of what we have.


  14. #13

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    The priority is to defend much better, so we have a chance of picking up points. There are goals in this side aplenty, even without Britt,
    but our defence is full of holes and teams have a field day against it.


  15. #14
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    74,256

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    Well, we could hardly defend much worse, could we!

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  16. #15
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45,225

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    The big difference for me on saturday was you couldnt really say "well he was shit" or "he had a poor game" cos the usual suspects didnt..... It was, hobbs went off and we concede. Even in the cold light of day i still cant understand how with a two player advantage they still scored.... Big shame really as the only players not in the box were antonio and their albino kid. Would have ended up 5-3 if we'd have cleared it.


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    Looking at that fixture list I think it will be very hard for Dougie to end the season having won more games than he's lost. Some tough games over the horizon.


  18. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    I'm really glad I'm not as pessimistic as the OP. There are only a few of those games that I look at and think that we will have little chance of getting something out of (Bournemouth, Boro, Ipswich). Not that worried about Cardiff, unless they are fighting relegation at that point.


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    Quote Originally Posted by UndisclosedFee View Post
    I'm really glad I'm not as pessimistic as the OP. There are only a few of those games that I look at and think that we will have little chance of getting something out of (Bournemouth, Boro, Ipswich). Not that worried about Cardiff, unless they are fighting relegation at that point.
    Cardiff are absolutely terrible. Brentford on the other hand, he's got them down as a Forest win. They look to be a very good Championship side, playing very well.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    13,126

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTe View Post
    Cardiff are absolutely terrible. Brentford on the other hand, he's got them down as a Forest win. They look to be a very good Championship side, playing very well.
    Exactly, its difficult to take any of the other predictions seriously when we are down for an away win at Brentford!


  21. #20
    Dinosaur Prick
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    23,353

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    I think there's as much chance of us winning home to Bournemouth or away to Ipswich as there is winning away at Brentford or home to Rotherham. We've been that inconsistent and random.


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The very black holes of my mind.
    Posts
    4,902

    Default Re: We wont go down but




  23. #22

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    This team beat Derby away under Stuart Pearce. Anything is possible.


  24. #23
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    15,308

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    Youuuuuuu Redzzzzzzzzzz !

    Off to Monday Club !


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Stratford Upon Avon
    Posts
    2,527

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    On a more positive note we are scoring goals............lots of them.

    Nottm Forest V Bolton - Win

    Nottm Forest V Bournemouth - Loss

    Reading V Nottm Forest - Draw

    Charlton V Nottm Forest - Draw

    Nottm Forest V Middlesbrough - Loss

    Leeds V Nottm Forest - Draw

    Nottm Forest V Rotherham - Win

    Norwich V Nottm Forest - Loss

    Nottm Forest V Wolves - Draw

    Brentford V Nottm Forest - Draw

    Nottm Forest V Huddersfield - Win

    Nottm Forest V Watford - Loss

    Blackburn V Nottm Forest - Loss

    Ipswich V Nottm Forest - Loss

    Nottm Forest V Cardiff - Win

    17 more points. Comfortable mid table.


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: We wont go down but

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker's Dog View Post
    On a more positive note we are scoring goals............lots of them.

    Nottm Forest V Bolton - Win

    Nottm Forest V Bournemouth - Loss

    Reading V Nottm Forest - Draw

    Charlton V Nottm Forest - Draw

    Nottm Forest V Middlesbrough - Loss

    Leeds V Nottm Forest - Draw

    Nottm Forest V Rotherham - Win

    Norwich V Nottm Forest - Loss

    Nottm Forest V Wolves - Draw

    Brentford V Nottm Forest - Draw

    Nottm Forest V Huddersfield - Win

    Nottm Forest V Watford - Loss

    Blackburn V Nottm Forest - Loss

    Ipswich V Nottm Forest - Loss

    Nottm Forest V Cardiff - Win

    17 more points. Comfortable mid table.
    This will give Dougie a record of 6W, 6D and 6L. Pretty consistent with his overall record.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •