Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Now is the time!

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Too near to leeds
    Posts
    848

    Default Now is the time!

    Ben Osborne has been a bright light in a dim and dismal season. With the injury to Britt, all but slim hopes of playoffs gone and with our fixture today against a club in disarray, is today not the day to give some young blood a some minutes. I'd love to see Walker come off the bench for 20 mins or so today, a start for pato and some bench experience for Ollie Burke or Jorge grant. Our future must be built on youth if the current embargo is anything to go by, if we want the cream of the academy to stay we must blood them (slowly but surly) to give them faith for their futures wit us!


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Dinosaur Prick
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    23,339

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    Kind of agree. We still need to win but once safety is assured, blooding youngsters would be beneficial.


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,064

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    Against shittastic teams like Blackpool, it's a good time to give one or two of the young'ns a run out. Have to make sure they only get a few minutes on the quagmire once we're 2 or 3 up first though.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    9,580

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    Alarming complacency regarding a team who only lost the game against Middlesborough in the last minute after competing with them all night.

    Thankfully we have a manager who will treat Blackpool with appropriate respect.


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Everywhere, and yet nowhere to be seen
    Posts
    1,233

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    Quote Originally Posted by john player View Post
    Our future must be built on youth if the current embargo is anything to go by, if we want the cream of the academy to stay we must blood them (slowly but surly) to give them faith for their futures wit us!
    You can't beat a surly youth player


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wokingham/London
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEastIsRed View Post
    Against shittastic teams like Blackpool, it's a good time to give one or two of the young'ns a run out. Have to make sure they only get a few minutes on the quagmire once we're 2 or 3 up first though.
    So you think they will roll over for us? easy as that ey?


  8. #7
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    31,717

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    The club gave up from February last season. I'd prefer that not to happen this season.
    I'm sure DF will give some young players their chance when the time is right.

    "Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,053

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    Who is this Shirley youth player?! Coyr


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,656

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    e


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    13,007

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Alarming complacency regarding a team who only lost the game against Middlesborough in the last minute after competing with them all night.

    Thankfully we have a manager who will treat Blackpool with appropriate respect.
    Really is a perennial problem with Forest fans. There are no easy games in the championship.
    A poor pitch is always a big leveller too. You are right that Freedman will I am sure take the right approach.


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,656

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    Oliver Burke on the bench


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    queing up for a cob
    Posts
    4,398

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    I doubt Freedman will gamble his job on the third game by blooding yutes

    Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Too near to leeds
    Posts
    848

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    Great to see Ollie Burke get some game time today, well done dougie! More please!


  15. #14

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    How good is Tyler Walker? I see the press have picked up that some of the Premier League vultures are circling already. What's his goals to game ratio like in the under 21's?


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    1,212

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Kind of agree. We still need to win but once safety is assured, blooding youngsters would be beneficial.
    So the only time we can possibly blood youngsters is when we're in mid-table with nothing to play for? Where does that theory come from? It sounds cowardly to me and considering we hardly ever have one of those seasons we might as well scrap the academy.

    If they have the ability and are showing signs of the needed physicality and you think they can improve the team then throw them in. Doesn't matter where you are in the league.


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    1,212

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe Gariboldi View Post
    I doubt Freedman will gamble his job on the third game by blooding yutes
    He's already gambling it by playing Collins!!!


  18. #17
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ruddington
    Posts
    14,994

  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,962

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Coops View Post
    So the only time we can possibly blood youngsters is when we're in mid-table with nothing to play for? Where does that theory come from? It sounds cowardly to me and considering we hardly ever have one of those seasons we might as well scrap the academy.

    If they have the ability and are showing signs of the needed physicality and you think they can improve the team then throw them in. Doesn't matter where you are in the league.

    I think you need to look at the context of individual games when deciding when to blood youngsters. For example pick a side who you feel they will thrive against for a debut to give them every chance of success and a confidence boost. Also don't pick games where the result is likely to be critical, the archetypal 6 pointers.
    It is very was to destroy a young player by asking too much of them too soon.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hilcote, Sheepshire.
    Posts
    15,818

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    I would personally wait until we have a few more points on the board and the threat of relegation was pretty much zero. As that is pressure that they really could do without.
    But I would be very tempted to try one or two out before the season ends.


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,250

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    I think it all comes down to the peg/hole mentality. If your left back is crocked, and your second choice, maybe your third is, too. You can take a right back or a midfielder and stick them in there, or you can bring an actual left back in from the U21 team. I'd like to see a little more of that.


  22. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: Now is the time!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    I think you need to look at the context of individual games when deciding when to blood youngsters. For example pick a side who you feel they will thrive against for a debut to give them every chance of success and a confidence boost. Also don't pick games where the result is likely to be critical, the archetypal 6 pointers.
    It is very was to destroy a young player by asking too much of them too soon.
    I think it's a good thing that Twisty was the one yesterday. Big, strong, and a bit of an arrogant swagger about him. I suspect that his confidence will take more knocking than some of the others, though I don't know much about their mental attributes beyond the way they play, and the way one or 2 talk.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •