Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Done Fawaz

Default Well Done Fawaz

It was a bit weird seeing Pearce dismissed and Freedman put in place so quickly after, but now the dust has settled I've no doubt that Fawaz has done the right thing there practically, and think that he deserves credit for it.

I also don't think that there was any other manager out there who was better, available, and likely to come here. In terms of where we are and the situation we are in, I think Dougie is 100% as good as we'll get.

Let's remember this if he's here next season, let's also remember where we are now if we ever get in with a sniff of the top 6 again, and a big to Fawaz for being on the ball.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Default Re: Well Done Fawaz

What have you done with the real Alf?

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Food for thought Alf, Freedman has the same record as Pearce in this division.
    Doesn't suggest due diligence to me.

Pearce was given millions to spend. Freedman never has been.

On topic, I think it's good. No more Garry Brazil!

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Van Rompuy View Post
    Pearce was given millions to spend. Freedman never has been.

On topic, I think it's good. No more Garry Brazil!

He didn't have bad sides to begin with.
    Can't argue about Gary Brazil though!
    I'm not even moaning about Pearce being sacked but he has been replaced by the same thing on past showings, another kneejerk reaction?

On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands

If Freedman works out it will have been more by luck than judgement. Doesn't seem right to congratulate someone who is lucky.

That said I'm fully behind Freedman going forward. What's done is done. COYR.

We are where we are.....

It is what it is.

I am what I am.

I'm Popeye the Sailor Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Snikkles View Post
    I am what I am.

What do you want, praise or do you want pity?

I haven't got time for this shit, I've got my own drum to bang.
    ;-)

Last edited by Wes' Organ; 05-02-15 at 21:24.

This is what Fawaz wants, to get rid of all the hate and to get some appreciation and for people to start praising him over and over. An ego boost if you will.

Still the fact that we only offered Petrescu 3 months and Freedman 18 months sounds like someone was actually thinking straight for a change. If it was indeed Fawaz then well done.

If he hadn't lined anyone up quickly we'd have ended up with Gary Brazil. Then, instead of saying that lining a replacement up so soon was disrespectful to Pearce, the argument would have been that if Gary Brazil was the option then it would've been better to carry on with Pearce.

In that respect Fawaz was on a hiding to nothing either way.

Alf's right. It's all a bit raw at the moment and everyone's still understandably emotional about Psycho and concerned that there seems to be another period of upheaval just when we didn't need it, but if you look at the situation objectively then I think it's fair to say that Fawaz only did what he felt he had to do after giving Psycho more time to turn things around than any other manager in a similar situation would have been (not that I'm saying seven months was enough, but given the way modern football is, waiting until the run had reached three wins in 24 matches was as fair as anyone could expect a chairman in 2015 to be) - and Doggie looks increasingly like he could turn out to be an inspired appointment. If he's a success and manages to get Forest challenging for promotion again, either this season or next, then Fawaz will actually deserve absolutely massive credit for acting decisively and spotting an ideal Forest manager that pretty much none of us experts had even considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Food for thought Alf, Freedman has the same record as Pearce in this division.
    Doesn't suggest due diligence to me.
    I'd sooner Pearce have not been sacked, but I think Fawaz deserves credit for avoiding another Brasil sitiation and getting an experienced Championship manager to come here in our current circumstance mate.

Not an ideal situation, not one Fawaz is balmeless for creating, but it's got it's positives and I just wanted to say "ta" for them really.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerthecat View Post
    If Freedman works out it will have been more by luck than judgement. Doesn't seem right to congratulate someone who is lucky.

That said I'm fully behind Freedman going forward. What's done is done. COYR.
    "Luck is the residue of hard work"

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    This is what Fawaz wants, to get rid of all the hate and to get some appreciation and for people to start praising him over and over. An ego boost if you will.
    Or a bit of positivity after putting in millions and trying to appease us best he can?

He's got it from me. For all his flaws, whilst he's putting the dollar into the club, I'll forgive him. Even if I moan and bitch about him

I'm also well chuffed he appointed a man with a dog related name in the year of the puppy saving.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlack View Post
    Fawaz was on a hiding to nothing either way.
    This.

No disrespect to Freedman but in these circumstances he is a good appointment and its better to have him here now than in four weeks time. The end of last season was truly dreadful and Fawaz had no option but to act fast this time.
    It could be the difference in us staying up, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    What do you want, praise or do you want pity?

I haven't got time for this shit, I've got my own drum to bang.
    ;-)
    @fawaz_alhasawi: I am what I am
    I am my own special creation
    So come take a look
    Give me the hook or the ovation

It's my world
    That I want to have a little pride in
    My world
    And it's not a place I have to hide in

Life's not worth a dam till I can say
    I am what I am

Quote Originally Posted by jerellis1 View Post
    and Doggie looks increasingly like he could turn out to be an inspired appointment.
    All those managers. The years of disappointment. Finally, we made the right appointment. What further proof could you need beyond his very first press conference?

Don't Forest ever piss you off?

Quote Originally Posted by Snikkles View Post
    @fawaz_alhasawi: I am what I am
    I am my own special creation
    So come take a look
    Give me the hook or the ovation

It's my world
    That I want to have a little pride in
    My world
    And it's not a place I have to hide in

Life's not worth a dam till I can say
    I am what I am

.....and Emad is too.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Don't Forest ever piss you off?
    Not really! I maintain a healthy level of detachment, even though I think I could be considered a pretty ardent supporter as a season-ticket holder who has to drive all the way up to Nottingham from Dover for every match. I've lost my enthusiasm for Forest a couple of times over the years, first between around 1998 and 2003 when I was working in the Docklands and my job and life down there seemed more important than what Forest were doing at the time, and secondly when I stayed away for a couple of seasons after the Cotterill era, but it always comes back and I'm actually really enjoying the drama right now, although I'll certainly be having more fun once we're winning matches again.

You're one of my favourite posters but it's obvious you've taken events since last Saturday pretty hard. I'm sure you'll get the loving feeling back soon enough though. A win against Brighton - a decent performance at least - will be a good start.

Fair enough Enjoy the game. Easy journey for you for once.

Quote Originally Posted by jerellis1 View Post
    Not really! I maintain a healthy level of detachment, even though I think I could be considered a pretty ardent supporter as a season-ticket holder who has to drive all the way up to Nottingham from Dover for every match. I've lost my enthusiasm for Forest a couple of times over the years, first between around 1998 and 2003 when I was working in the Docklands and my job and life down there seemed more important than what Forest were doing at the time, and secondly when I stayed away for a couple of seasons after the Cotterill era, but it always comes back and I'm actually really enjoying the drama right now, although I'll certainly be having more fun once we're winning matches again.

You're one of my favourite posters but it's obvious you've taken events since last Saturday pretty hard. I'm sure you'll get the loving feeling back soon enough though. A win against Brighton - a decent performance at least - will be a good start.
    If we ever go to war Jerellis, I want you on my fucking side!! If watching Forest every week can't break a man who travels that far on a regular basis he must have nackers of steel and a granite spine!

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    It was a bit weird seeing Pearce dismissed and Freedman put in place so quickly after, but now the dust has settled I've no doubt that Fawaz has done the right thing there practically, and think that he deserves credit for it.

I also don't think that there was any other manager out there who was better, available, and likely to come here. In terms of where we are and the situation we are in, I think Dougie is 100% as good as we'll get.

Let's remember this if he's here next season, let's also remember where we are now if we ever get in with a sniff of the top 6 again, and a big to Fawaz for being on the ball.
    Got to agree with you there Alf.
    If Fawaz can persuade Pearce to be DoF I think we are in a pretty strong position considering the turmoil.

Let's do it Dougie style.