Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Reading away

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    5,142

    Default Reading away

    Since moving down here last year, this fixture has been on my radar for a while. Just noticed that we've received an allocation of just over 2000 tickets with there being a hint of no more once they've gone.

    What's peoples thoughts on these making general sale? I'm tempted to just go in the home end and looking on the Reading website even though it's over 3 weeks away most areas of the ground are filling up with no swathes of empty seats.

    Anyone got any experience of sitting in the home end and the best areas to sit in?


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45,692

    Default Re: Reading away

    Depends how the next 3 games go i guess, we do travel well but we have lost the pearce factor... Think youll be ok but id get them on the first day of general sale


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hilcote, Sheepshire.
    Posts
    15,891

    Default Re: Reading away

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    Depends how the next 3 games go i guess, we do travel well but we have lost the pearce factor... Think youll be ok but id get them on the first day of general sale
    I do think that the "Pearce factor" became more hinderance than help in the end though tbh Bill.


  5. #4
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45,692

    Default Re: Reading away

    Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    I do think that the "Pearce factor" became more hinderance than help in the end though tbh Bill.
    Yeah your right defiantly, but i do think he put bums on seats at away games as well even when we were gash.... More in hope than expectation


  6. #5
    The Clapham Crusader
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Cockpit
    Posts
    22,145

    Default Re: Reading away

    Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    the "Pearce factor"
    That would make one hell of a TV show


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Sarf
    Posts
    28,097

    Default

    There'll be more than 2000 if needed. They can hold up to 4000 away fans and don't sell out.
    I've never had a problem on general sale.


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hilcote, Sheepshire.
    Posts
    15,891

    Default Re: Reading away

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    Yeah your right defiantly, but i do think he put bums on seats at away games as well even when we were gash.... More in hope than expectation
    Oh absolutely, and that's why I was praying for an upturn on the pitch. As I feel the mixture of an half decent Psycho team and with us. Behind them we would have made a formidable force.
    Oh well. :-(


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,816

    Default Re: Reading away

    Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    Anyone got any experience of sitting in the home end and the best areas to sit in?
    Yes and it really doesn't matter where you sit. There is very little atmosphere at the Madejski and i've never seen it more than about 80% full. Also i'd be very surprised if we didn't get more allocated tickets if needed.


  10. #9

    Default Re: Reading away

    Has that stadium ever been full? They didnt even sell out when they were in the play-offs.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,090

    Default Re: Reading away

    Its the worst game of the year. What a horrible shit tip that place is. A ground that you have to get a bus to on the side of a motorway (great idea)! Reading fans are shit and the place is so souless, oh and the queue for the bus afterwards is horrific.. I live in London and go to all the games down here but i vowed never to go to reading again about 3 years ago.. I feel so much better for it..


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    10,639

    Default Re: Reading away

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Has that stadium ever been full? They didnt even sell out when they were in the play-offs.
    When they are in the Premier league. Then the attendances halve when they drop down a division.


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,215

    Default Re: Reading away

    Will definitely make general sale.


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    10,639

    Default Re: Reading away

    Don't go in the home ends. I did it once cos I left it too late to get a ticket for Grimsby away one year and it was shit. We lost 4-3 and had 2 sent off and I was fucking seething but had to try and act fair.y normal as I was surrounded by skull head Grimsby fans.


  15. #14

    Default Re: Reading away

    I've done it at Liverpool, Chelsea, Sheffield Wednesday, Spurs this season, and Notts County. The first two weren't great experiences. I was hugged by a scouser as Owen scored four at Anfield. The other Forest fan near me was getting abuse for giving himself away even though we were losing 5-1 (Freedman scored ours). I just left at half time at Stamford Bridge as were 3-0 down, hopeless, and I couldn't take another 45 minutes of Chelsea fans all in one place..

    Wednesday and County were OK. If you're with a fan of the home team, you don't feel so self conscious about giving yourself away.


  16. #15

    Default Re: Reading away

    In the Conference, you can do it at most games. I watched Welling at Dartford earlier this season. Keenly contested local derby with no love lost. 1800 there. Towards the end I walked half way around the ground and stood to watch the final few minutes with Dartford fans nearer the exit. The Dartford fan stood next to me was calling Welling in general all the names under the sun. He was combining swear words to make super swear words. Welling pulled one back to make it 2-1. I cheered. The Dartford fan let go another volley of abuse, but never were a single one of his swear hybrids ever directed at me.


  17. #16

    Default Re: Reading away

    At Reading though, I wouldn't worry about sitting with home fans. Get a ticket in the emptiest stand, and move so you've half a block to yourself.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    5,142

    Default Re: Reading away

    Quote Originally Posted by Tutts View Post
    There'll be more than 2000 if needed. They can hold up to 4000 away fans and don't sell out.
    I've never had a problem on general sale.
    Hope so, I take it you will be going? I'll be on the train from Sandhurst.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukeyshep View Post
    Yes and it really doesn't matter where you sit. There is very little atmosphere at the Madejski and i've never seen it more than about 80% full. Also i'd be very surprised if we didn't get more allocated tickets if needed.
    Will sit in the home end as a last resort. Fingers crossed that I will get tickets in the away end. Just noticed your location btw, not far from me. Wokingham is really nice but house prices just pushed it out of reach.

    Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    Its the worst game of the year. What a horrible shit tip that place is. A ground that you have to get a bus to on the side of a motorway (great idea)! Reading fans are shit and the place is so souless, oh and the queue for the bus afterwards is horrific.. I live in London and go to all the games down here but i vowed never to go to reading again about 3 years ago.. I feel so much better for it..
    I must admit that the bus bit isn't something I'm looking forward to especially after the match. How long do you usually have to wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    Will definitely make general sale.
    Fingers crossed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    In the Conference, you can do it at most games. I watched Welling at Dartford earlier this season. Keenly contested local derby with no love lost. 1800 there. Towards the end I walked half way around the ground and stood to watch the final few minutes with Dartford fans nearer the exit. The Dartford fan stood next to me was calling Welling in general all the names under the sun. He was combining swear words to make super swear words. Welling pulled one back to make it 2-1. I cheered. The Dartford fan let go another volley of abuse, but never were a single one of his swear hybrids ever directed at me.
    Coincidentally I spent a few of my teenage years in Sidcup, so trips to watch Welling and Dartford were quite frequent. They were always in different leagues back then.

    Thanks for all the replies folks.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •