Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39

Thread: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    373

    Default Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    Despite everything that's gone off I definitely think play offs.

    Billy just knew the Championship in and out.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    13,144

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    Oh really?


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    668

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysARed87 View Post
    Despite everything that's gone off I definitely think play offs.

    Billy just knew the Championship in and out.

    We would be in a place where the media would despise us, multiple cousins would be employed at the club and whilst we might be in the play off's he would bottle it again and we would lose at the semi stage. Davies is a nearly man who brings so much negativity to the club I would rather we never went back down that road.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Sarf
    Posts
    28,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysARed87 View Post
    Despite everything that's gone off I definitely think play offs. Billy just knew the Championship in and out.
    Change the bloody record.


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    373

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    Quote Originally Posted by London Forest View Post
    We would be in a place where the media would despise us, multiple cousins would be employed at the club and whilst we might be in the play off's he would bottle it again and we would lose at the semi stage. Davies is a nearly man who brings so much negativity to the club I would rather we never went back down that road.
    I agree, but in light of everything that has gone off, Billy spat with the media seems trivial atm.


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    9,779

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    I'd like to think that young Mark would be club captain by now.


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,447

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    In a gutter in Glasgow.


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    7,793

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    Obviously from a football perspective better but he was a nut job. As for family members being employed it happens all the time it just depends on whether you like the bloke doing it of not or if you still have success.

    Bruce's at hull
    Fergusons at United
    Cloughie did it
    Lampards redknapps

    Employing family members isn't as sinister as people like to potray it. I think delusional transfer targets, hitting refs and a North Korean ban on media was far more extreme.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    668

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysARed87 View Post
    I agree, but in light of everything that has gone off, Billy spat with the media seems trivial atm.
    It was more than a spat, it was a dark paranoia.

    If Davies is so special, he would be at any one of the other Championship clubs, all of his past clubs appear to be saying the same things about him, he was hard work. Correct me if I am wrong, in all his Championship seasons he only once got one promoted, who cam back down again.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Asply
    Posts
    8,311

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    I think he would do well with this squad. Top 6 easily but BD wouldn't of identifies these players to start with. A lot don't seem like BD type players


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    668

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post
    A lot don't seem like BD type players
    What, actually quite good you mean?


  13. #12
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    32,676

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    More importantly, where would we be if Ron Atkinson was in charge?

    "Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Sarf
    Posts
    28,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    More importantly, where would we be if Ron Atkinson was in charge?
    Hugo Porfirio would be club captain


  15. #14
    Last one standing
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    25,738

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysARed87 View Post
    Despite everything that's gone off I definitely think play offs.

    Billy just knew the Championship in and out.
    Alf?


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,447

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Obviously from a football perspective better but he was a nut job. As for family members being employed it happens all the time it just depends on whether you like the bloke doing it of not or if you still have success.

    Bruce's at hull
    Fergusons at United
    Cloughie did it
    Lampards redknapps

    Employing family members isn't as sinister as people like to potray it. I think delusional transfer targets, hitting refs and a North Korean ban on media was far more extreme.
    A crooked lawyer running our day-to-day affairs who was his cousin ?

    and allowing his son and nephew who were not attached to a club before [basically weak little pubbies] the right to block many of our local talent who have been with the club from around 9 & worked years to get where they were ? Never mind hindering the rest around them due to poor quality of player.

    No, that doesn't sound alright, does it ?

    Won't even get to his acts he did wrong. He is one fine piece of work himself.

    Last edited by BryanRoy; 05-02-15 at 18:44.

  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Terra Incognita
    Posts
    2,729

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    I'm on to you son.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Eaton
    Posts
    3,433

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tutts View Post
    Hugo Porfirio would be club captain
    Best player Racist Ron brought in and only thought to play him after we'd be confined to relegation!

    On topic, fuck sake why can't people let sleeping dogs lie.


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    7,793

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    A crooked lawyer running our day-to-day affairs who was his cousin ?

    and allowing his son and nephew who were not attached to a club before [basically weak little pubbies] the right to block many of our local talent who have been with the club from around 9 & worked years to get where they were ? Never mind hindering the rest around them due to poor quality of player.

    No, that doesn't sound alright, does it ?

    Won't even get to his acts he did wrong. He is one fine piece of work himself.
    Clough at Forest, D Ferguson Man U, Redknapp West Ham, Johnson Yeovil, are just a few I can think of instantly. Its not uncommon to get your family member's into an academy. Yes Price was crooked and chairman up and down the land employ family members, the act of it really isnt a big deal.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    14,734

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    Tearing our hair out because we have a paranoid, psychopathic manager.


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wokingham/London
    Posts
    7,390

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    Alfie, you can't mention him using a different account!


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands
    Posts
    6,257

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    Sitting in a corner crying just the same.


  23. #22

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?




  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,447

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Clough at Forest, D Ferguson Man U, Redknapp West Ham, Johnson Yeovil, are just a few I can think of instantly. Its not uncommon to get your family member's into an academy. Yes Price was crooked and chairman up and down the land employ family members, the act of it really isnt a big deal.
    Wow. Don't think that makes it alright. Definitely don't want bias at my club. Want it to be run to its best possible ability. Those 2 examples above are the height of incompetency & what you expect from someone who didn't take pride in the club he worked for. He did the same at Derby.

    Each to their own.


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    9,779

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Obviously from a football perspective better but he was a nut job. As for family members being employed it happens all the time it just depends on whether you like the bloke doing it of not or if you still have success.

    Bruce's at hull
    Fergusons at United
    Cloughie did it
    Lampards redknapps

    Employing family members isn't as sinister as people like to potray it. I think delusional transfer targets, hitting refs and a North Korean ban on media was far more extreme.
    The difference being that Alex Bruce, Darren Ferguson, Nigel Clough, Frank Lampard and Jamie Redknapp had/have some degree of actual ability.

    To echo Bryan's point earlier, Mark and John Davies were so far out of their depth playing for the U-21s it was truly embarrassing.

    I actually felt genuine pity for them on the occasions I saw them turning out for us at the NDA.

    Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 05-02-15 at 18:58.

  26. #25
    The Clapham Crusader
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Cockpit
    Posts
    22,257

    Default Re: Where would we be if Billy Davies was in charge?

    Writing on a "Davies Out" thread instead of this one?


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •