Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FULL embargo?

Default FULL embargo?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: FULL embargo?

Oh joy!!

I fully expect the headlines on Thursday to read "City Ground falls in Trent"

Serves Fawaz right for being a dick.

If we need to replace anyone, or there's an injury crisis it is entirely his fault. I'm all for developing the squad we have and bringing youngsters through but people will go and people will get crocked and people will lose form. Whatever befalls us in this, the blame lies with Fawaz.

When Mark Arthur was CEO and Doughty was chairman, much sport was made of their protestations that Forest must be FFP compliant. They caused McLaren to resign by not spending what he thought they should, Billy Davies before him wanted more than he got... and Doughty walked away. He did so because he knew the fans wouldn't settle for an FFP-compliant club.

The irony is our Sheikh Mansour has done a partial Munto on us. This is exactly what people's worst fears were when he took over. I'm starting to see how things are.

A penny for John Pelling's thoughts right now.

The Foam Hand

Good job it doesn't bother Freedman.

Sort it out Fawaz for fucks sake.

Fair play to the football league for punishing our late payment. I just hope it's consistent and all clubs are treated equally

Hypothetically, say Freedman was able to achieve the unthinkable and sneak us into the playoffs, and lead us to victory at Wembley, could this ruling see us start a season in the Premier League without the chance to improve our squad?

Or do all rulings become null and void should we reach the corporate promise land?

Fawaz is bloody useless

Different rules for Prem clubs, hence many watching what happens when / if QPR come down with interest

Quote Originally Posted by JordanForest View Post
    Fair play to the football league for punishing our late payment. I just hope it's consistent and all clubs are treated equally
    I think the Birmingham Away 4th official has been moved into the embargo department of the Football league.

Oh what a circus, oh what a show.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Don't start getting at Dougie when he starts acting a bit mental, coz no sane fucker would manage here.

Quote Originally Posted by D***y Red View Post
    Hypothetically, say Freedman was able to achieve the unthinkable and sneak us into the playoffs, and lead us to victory at Wembley, could this ruling see us start a season in the Premier League without the chance to improve our squad?

Or do all rulings become null and void should we reach the corporate promise land?
    I'm pretty sure that the 60 mill or whatever TV money you get would get us back into FFP. That and being in the Prem would give us the " the rules dont apply to us" benefits.

Faulkner was still employed on the 31st December - why hadn't he sorted it out?

I suppose the implication might be that he wasn't allowed to. There is talk in the press of him being overruled by the finance guy. Or fobbed off by him or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by D***y Red View Post

Our current FFP issues are the subject of a football league rule.

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi | vivit post funera virtus - Emprorer Tiberius

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    Faulkner was still employed on the 31st December - why hadn't he sorted it out?
    Wasn't it you who posted the Percy article that alleged that this was one of the issues Faulkner and Fawaz clashed on?

The FFP embargo, the first one we had, which allows us to bring in players but within certain restrictions, would go away if we went up as it's a FL thing. The Prem's FFP rules are different.

Not sure about this one, I guess it'll go away when we pay up. I believe we had a similar issue with a loan fee for Chalobah.

Anybody know if we've found a hotel in Brighton that'll take us this weekend?

The Foam Hand

I doubt very much Faulkner is at fault.
    The club has been shambolic in this department for the last few years. They owed Rich money for requested flags and didn't pay until Faulkner stepped in.
    They can't even get the simple financial stuff right never mind the bigger things.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Fail View Post
    I suppose the implication might be that he wasn't allowed to. There is talk in the press of him being overruled by the finance guy. Or fobbed off by him or whatever.
    Well Fawaz wants his bottom smacking if that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Wasn't it you who posted the Percy article that alleged that this was one of the issues Faulkner and Fawaz clashed on?
    Nope, haven't seen that one. I posted the original Telegraph sacking story

Hmmmm. Could have been any one of this threads.

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    Nope, haven't seen that one. I posted the original Telegraph sacking story
    Faulkner is alleged to have been exasperated by Al-Hasawi’s delay in paying clubs for players, with Hull City and Crystal Palace thought to have been waiting for payments owed for the Thomas Ince and Jack Hunt deals respectively.
    Peterborough are also owed around £1.5million for Forest's £5.5million signing Britt Assombalonga and chairman Darragh MacAnthony accused Al-Hasawi of missing a payment on Monday night, insisiting it had prevented them from signing players.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ty-Ground.html

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Hmmmm. Could have been any one of this threads.
    I did say there were major issues yes. Unfortunately now being proven.