Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go back to Old Kent Road.

Default Go back to Old Kent Road.

Do not pass Go, do not collect £200.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31102706

Here we are again then, back to square one............ again.

Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Go back to Old Kent Road.

That reminds me, where have ForestExileInLincs and Newark Neil been lately? I miss those guys

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by littonlad View Post

This is good news. What would've been worse is if Freedman was made to work with Pearce's men. If that had happened then there seemed less point in changing manager.

This happens at every club every time the manager changes...........what did you expect?

Would you join the coaching staff at Forest? A coach doesn't necessarily live with driving distance of Nottingham. So he would have to uproot his family......etc.

Would the last one out please turn out the lights. Unless of course we have already been cut off for failure to pay our Bills - in which case please arrange 2pm kick offs and clean the changing rooms with the mop and bucket supplied.

Aye Oh...Aye Oh....It's off to Mexico....with Ian Moore and Hen....er.....reee....aye oh...aye oh

Impressive member

A new broom and all that...

People have to give Freedman a chance. He will bring in his own staff. He got Palace to 2nd before he left. At Bolton a lot of the criticism I read on their forum was that he couldn't adapt when their players couldn't play technical football. We have the exact opposite problem so he might do very well here with these players.

As for Faulkner, I really don't care. I noticed absolutely no difference when he was here. It's not like our marketing efforts and other revenue streams were noticeably improving.

The youth development team is still in place. That is the important thing.

I'm all for giving him a chance. I'm just so disappointed that it didn't work out with Stuart.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    People have to give Freedman a chance. He will bring in his own staff. He got Palace to 2nd before he left. At Bolton a lot of the criticism I read on their forum was that he couldn't adapt when their players couldn't play technical football. We have the exact opposite problem so he might do very well here with these players.

As for Faulkner, I really don't care. I noticed absolutely no difference when he was here. It's not like our marketing efforts and other revenue streams were noticeably improving.

Hes only going to be screwed over by Fawaz in a couple of months

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    Hes only going to be screwed over by Fawaz in a couple of months
    Lets be honest, most owners would have sacked Pearce. As much as we all love him, 3 wins in 20 odd, the worst form in the country and heading for the relegation zone.

The only unreasonable sacking Fawaz has done is SOD.

Victor Meldrew

Is Abdoun still here?
    I know he had a medical in Belgium but I never saw an announcement that he had gone.

I'm not sad about eastwick and wigley leaving at all but then again replacing old heads with Lennie Lawrence is not exciting either. I wanted something more progressive behind the scenes.

Best served cold

Lets be honest, most owners would have sacked Pearce. As much as we all love him, 3 wins in 20 odd, the worst form in the country and heading for the relegation zone.

If it was only Pearce, and only based on results then fine. But he has gotten through a few managers now, he sacked SOD inexplicably, McLeish then resigned over transfers after a couple of weeks, then he fell out with Davies (understandable), appointed Pearce and then sacked him.

That is not to mention the likes of Frank Clark who was caught in the crossfire, and Paul Faulkner who quit after only being here a couple of months due to not being allowed to do his job.

Fawaz in one way or anohter screws people over at the club, it is an utter farce that keeps going on and on.

Freedman will be the same once Fawaz gets bored and feels a need to stick his nose in.

Fawaz is not doing what he does for the good of the club, he is doing it purely because he wants to get to the Premiership and that is all he cares about - no matter how much it messes our club up in the process.

Putting the legendary player status aside, why do people seem to hate Wigley and Eastick so much as coaches but love Pearce? They were his men he brought in and his coaching team. It seems to me that they're being scapegoated by many in order to deflect criticism away from Pearce.

My thoughts too. Im really excited about the prospect of winning a game and feeling that optimistic feeling again.

All we got from Pearce and co was a bit of nostalgia and recruitment of some good players. We need more than that from our manager and coaching staff. The CEO was anonymous mostly so no loss there.

Not an ideal situation by any means, I am not overjoyed but I'm willing to get behind the new regime. COYR!

Default Go back to Old Kent Road.

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    If it was only Pearce, and only based on results then fine. But he has gotten through a few managers now, he sacked SOD inexplicably, McLeish then resigned over transfers after a couple of weeks, then he fell out with Davies (understandable), appointed Pearce and then sacked him.

That is not to mention the likes of Frank Clark who was caught in the crossfire, and Paul Faulkner who quit after only being here a couple of months due to not being allowed to do his job.

Fawaz in one way or anohter screws people over at the club, it is an utter farce that keeps going on and on.

Freedman will be the same once Fawaz gets bored and feels a need to stick his nose in.

Fawaz is not doing what he does for the good of the club, he is doing it purely because he wants to get to the Premiership and that is all he cares about - no matter how much it messes our club up in the process.
    I feel completely the opposite to your views. Each to their own and all that.

I have my company and being the owner of that company has a completely different set of pressures than that of a fan. That is why I can understand Fawazs actions. If one of my employees doesn't perform then I will need to review their position.

Not that type of player

I agree, although I would have given McCleish more time too, but if he and Fawaz fell out there wasn't much mileage in keeping him on.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    Putting the legendary player status aside, why do people seem to hate Wigley and Eastick so much as coaches but love Pearce? They were his men he brought in and his coaching team. It seems to me that they're being scapegoated by many in order to deflect criticism away from Pearce.
    Deflect criticism from Pearce? Surely not?

On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    The David Platt connection. Wigley coached relegated Fulham last year. 3 wins in 22. All valid reasons to be skeptical.

Academy manager Gary Brazil, who took charge of the Reds at the end of last season, oversaw training on Monday

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-Sack-Race.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	9246

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerthecat View Post
    The David Platt connection. Wigley coached relegated Fulham last year. 3 wins in 22. All valid reasons to be skeptical.
    I'm pretty certain that Wigley coached the u-18s at Fulham before coming here and, along with Eastick, was away from the demands of league football during the period that Stuart was with FA. A situation that possibly contributed to their inability to get the best from our squad in a tough, unforgiving league.

Lenny Lawrence, on the other hand, has an endless amount of experience of football at this level.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 03-02-15 at 12:45.

no complaints with SW & BE. I think we should have kept Flowers, Galley & Marshall.

winnits

I don't know enough about any of the coaching staff to be able to differentiate