Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Pearce Speaks out against former employer - fears his life is at risk

Default Pearce Speaks out against former employer - fears his life is at risk

Football legend Stuart Pearce fears risk of deadly asbestos
    Date:
    30 January 2015Former electrician backs Health and Safety Executive asbestos safety campaign after revealing ignorance over hidden killer

England football star Stuart Pearce is blowing the whistle on asbestos after revealing he could have breathed in the deadly dust while working part time as an electrician during his early football career.

The Nottingham Forest manager and former Newcastle and England left back fears his ignorance about the fatal fibre when he worked for four years as an electrician, means there’s a real possibility he could develop a deadly asbestos related disease in the future.

He is now backing an asbestos safety campaign by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) urging all tradespeople to be aware of asbestos and take sensible measures against the hidden killer.
    http://press.hse.gov.uk/2015/footbal...adly-asbestos/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Pearce Speaks out against former employer - fears his life is at risk

He'd be more worried if he knew what happened to Omar.

Default Re: Pearce Speaks out against former employer - fears his life is at risk

Sorry, is that supposed to be amusing?

Because it really isn't.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by insanity_nffc View Post
    Sorry, is that supposed to be amusing?

Because it really isn't.
    Oh yes it is!

Maybe he should get Alan on the case.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Uncle was a sparky at Pinewood Studios. Pinewood had asbestos. Now I don't have an uncle. He died a long, slow, painful death.

Thought you meant Fawaz.

A friend of mine was cleaning out his garage and was in hospital for weeks because he inhaled asbestos. He was seriously ill and lost around 2 stone in weight.

A very healthy 30 year old guy who never ate any fatty foods, went jogging every day, went to the gym 3-4 times a week, never drank or smoked, now has the lungs of a 70 year old smoker.