Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the bad of the club!

Default For the bad of the club!

I'm very disappointed with Fawaz following the departure of Stuart. Granted results haven't been good, but for all the good Stuart has done in regards to galvanising the club, bringing everyone together for the 1st time in years, having closer links with the club, having a respectable people at the club I:e Faulkner and McGovern. Also for the 1st time since the Dawson,Reid and Jenas academy era it feels like the present batch from the academy is the most exciting bunch in years. If you want someone to nurture these players then Stuart is the one you'd trust 110%.

The club is crying out for stability, and I think Fawaz is the problem why we are no nearer to the the Premier League. Since June 2012 he's on his 7th manager whom neither appointment has completed a full season under his tenure. With Freedman being appointed and being a firm believer that your only good as your last job, I think this is utterly a bad appointment from the club. At Bolton according to their fans, he fell out with players, refused to play youth, defensive, tactically Inept. For the good of the club I don't know what has possessed Fawaz to appoint such manager.

Finally thank you Stuart for bringing such joy and passion to the club in the last 6/7 months and you'll be forever welcome to your club and our club.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default For the bad of the club!

I think Fawaz saved our club and has got us on an upward trajectory. But this is a trajectory spread out over a few seasons and is a very slow process. Unfortunately, his initial tendency to pull the trigger may have cost us. There were probably some good managers in there, had they been given time. Problem is, Fawaz is a fan and wants success now. He sacked the other managers too soon and let Pearce have more time but still not enough. Hiring Freedman is a massive risk. I do not know who we should have had as psycho's replacement but I think he needed more time or at least a different assistant manager. There's 2 ways this could go; Freedman could be a coup and we could do quite well with him or we could soon be in league 1 with our 8th managerial appointment. We wouldn't be able to attract any serious candidate to replace DF and we would still have the transfer embargo. Either way, it's a very sad day for me as I wanted Pearce to have more time to turn things around. This merrygoround of new managers is not good at all.

Default Re: For the bad of the club!

Wouldn't fawaz of been advised by McGovern on who to bring in next?people seem to be moaning at fawaz for this decision but if he's being advised by someone who (should) knows more than fawaz then I think it's him who should go.

Banned

The much maligned ownership of the by Nigel Doughty was motivated by his love for the club he supported since he was a boy, for that alone, he deserved success for the club, it unfortunately IT wasn't to be. But his motivation was crystal clear.

What is Fawaz doing here ? We are an impatient rich mans ego trip, Premier League or bust, no matter what, doesn't speak of ambition to me, it speaks of craving a return for his money.

I am very worried about the future of the club and the direction weare headed.

Last edited by sedgred; 02-02-15 at 08:42.

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred View Post
    The much maligned ownership of the by Nigel Doughty was motivated by his love for the club he supported since he was a boy, for that alone, he deserved success for the club, it unfortunately IT wasn't to be. But his motivation was crystal clear.

What is Fawaz doing here ? We are an impatient rich mans ego trip, Premier League or bust, no matter what, doesn't speak of ambition to me, it speaks of craving a return for his money.

Can't help but agree with you. Fawaz tries too hard to look like a fan in order to insulate himself against fans ire over his poor decision-making. I'd have more respect for him if he behaved more like Doughty did.

Fawaz has pretty much saved this club. You have a very short memory if you can't recall the peril we were in once ND passed on. Nobody was interested in buying us, why would they?! It took one man, with a soft spot for the club, to come in and save us from administration and worse. That WAS the situation here.

It's his money he should have a certain amount of control, he's not a charity FFS. Put yourself in his shoes for a little bit. Put your money where your mouth is for once, we all know he has made mistakes, that's part of a learning curve. He's already invested a HUGE amount to keep us going and he had watched his investment flitter away. He's a hero in my eyes.

I can tell you this, if it was my money SP I would consider sacking Pearce also.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WillE View Post
    Fawaz has pretty much saved this club. You have a very short memory if you can't recall the peril we were in once ND passed on. Nobody was interested in buying us, why would they?! It took one man, with a soft spot for the club, to come in and save us from administration and worse. That WAS the situation here.

It's his money he should have a certain amount of control, he's not a charity FFS. Put yourself in his shoes for a little bit. Put your money where your mouth is for once, we all know he has made mistakes, that's part of a learning curve. He's already invested a HUGE amount to keep us going and he had watched his investment flitter away. He's a hero in my eyes.

I can tell you this, if it was my money SP I would consider sacking Pearce also.
    I know and appreciate those points, but what worries me are his motives.

Quote Originally Posted by WillE View Post

I know and appreciate those points, but what worries me are his motives.
    Are you crazy sedge? The run pearce took us on was dreadful, the football was shite, the players looked like they didnt know what they were doing.

He had to go!! wake up and smell the coffee!!!

Who cares Anyway...?

I agree with most of this, but I'm not sure his motivation is to make a profit. I can't help but think he just thinks owning a Premier League club would be a good way to impress his rich mates, and he naively thought buying Forest and then getting us instantly promoted would be the easiest way to do this.

I've never bought in to the spin about how he could have bought any club but chose Forest because he's a fan. If he'd bought a different club I'm sure he would be saying the same about them.

Banned

Sedgred after the Millwall game.

"la la la I'm not listening"

winnits

He was probably stuck in post match traffic after the game. Where were you?

Noone was very surprised at the sacking of Pearce.
    Everyone was surprised at the rapid appointment of DF.
    We are on our 7th manager since June 2011.
    Things do not look good for DF being successful or lasting longer than the other managers
    Many of the managers were poor choices, but some maybe should have had more time. One was club legend.
    One manager (BD) had the longest tenure, but left the club structure needing some rebuilding
    The rebuilding had begun with a new CEO. Now the CEO has resigned claiming his position untenable..
    This club appears to be being run on the whims of its owner which does not encourage the better managers and CEOs to come
    If the owner left we could be in freefall.
    Happy days

oopsy daisy!

I've supported Fawaz because I thought he wanted the best for Forest, but if he's interfering with the CEO's job to the point where the CEO feels he has to quit then I think that we're all being subjected to an owner's ego trip.

That doesn't bode well for the future, an ego trip is ok if the owner is capable of making a success of it, this one looks like he's a disaster at every turn.

Whether DF is the right appointment remains to be seen. But in fairness to Fawaz he hasn't allowed the shambles of last season of no one wanting the job and having to have a caretaker manager who struggled.

The CEO resignation shows there is more going on behind the scenes than we knew and that PF was only ever window dressing. Fawaz' strategy (if he has one) is purely a short term one. Now we are under embargo, it is very unlikely to work any time soon. I am sure JMcG has told him this but I suspect he will be gone soon.

The problem is Fawaz. For right or wrong, he is too emotionally involved and he needs experienced and composed people around him like Faulkner/McGovern to advise. By going over their heads on this occasion is going to make the next appointment of CEO (arguably a more important role than manager! for our club) next to impossible? It's hard to argue with the dismissal of Pearce, beyond a couple of great performances (Reading and Wolves are really the only 2 that i remember) we played poorly and we now find ourselves with the genuine threat of being sucked into the relegation fight. I have no idea where we go now...

Quote Originally Posted by charlie1990 View Post
    The problem is Fawaz. For right or wrong, he is too emotionally involved and he needs experienced and composed people around him like Faulkner/McGovern to advise. By going over their heads on this occasion is going to make the next appointment of CEO (arguably a more important role than manager! for our club) next to impossible? It's hard to argue with the dismissal of Pearce, beyond a couple of great performances (Reading and Wolves are really the only 2 that i remember) we played poorly and we now find ourselves with the genuine threat of being sucked into the relegation fight. I have no idea where we go now...
    Doubt he'll bother with a CEO. No point.

Freedman will save us.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie1990 View Post
    Doubt he'll bother with a CEO. No point.

How does stability just for the sake of it improve the club?

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    Freedman will save us.
    I feel a tiny bit sorry for him actually.

He might have negotiated behind Pearce's back, but that's not uncommon in football where loyalty counts for nothing. But I bet he never expected to walk into a complete and utter shambles.

No transfers in, no CEO to generate the revenue we need to be able to get to the point where we can get transfers in, no leaders on the pitch and the club an absolute shambles run by a lunatic who can't see past the end of next week, let alone next season.

Freedman is going to have his work cut out.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by JordanForest View Post
    You are really asking that?

Stick around. You're about to find out what the alternative is.

winnits

Quote Originally Posted by JordanForest View Post
    How would we know?

Quote Originally Posted by winnits View Post
    How would we know?
    We wouldn't to be fair. We were pretty stable under Davies the first time, and we did pretty well. But he also had an instant effect on the team, and got much better results with a limited squad.

If we find a good manager (we had one before in SOD) then I'm all for it. Progression on the pitch and good football and results. However, sticking with Pearce just because I don't agree with.

This CEO business on the other hand is unbelievable

We are no closer to the premier league due to a manager being unable to get a good squad to play well and get results. League 1 would of been bad for the club and the run of results and the manner of the performances were bad for the club. My worry if the PF stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    But I bet he never expected to walk into a complete and utter shambles.
    Then he didn't do his homework. McCarthy and Warnock seem to think that's what it was.