Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Dougie.

Default Welcome Dougie.

It's through bleary eyes that still can't quite believe what they've read this evening that I stare at my monitor, trying to find the right words with which to welcome our new manager. But whilst I'm in total despair at how the dream return of my beloved Psycho has been ended in such outrageously premature fashion, I know that the right thing to do is to say welcome back to Forest, Dougie - you will have my wholehearted support from day one until the sadly inevitable time of your departure (and I sincerely hope that's a long time from now, as it would mean you've defied all expectations and have achieved a win rate of 75% which commenced with an 18-match unbeaten run and continued without interruption for the next ten years.)

Joking and sorrow-fuelled sarcasm aside, you're a young man (younger than me - that's a first for a Forest manager!) still at the beginning of your career; you're a classy chap with a Forest connection and you're taking on a job which is far from the poisoned chalice some seem so intent on insisting it is; in actual fact we are a great club in a great city with a unique and glittering history, a well-meaning and ambitious (and wealthy) owner and a ready-made squad boasting some of the finest talent in the league. Let's all move forward together and bring some success and happiness back to the City Ground. I firmly believe Stuart Pearce would have achieved this if given until at least the start of next season to get things right, but that isn't going to happen and now it's your turn.

Welcome Dougie.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned

Default Re: Welcome Dougie.

Fully agree. Here's to the future, starting with 3 points Saturday.

On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands

I'd tell Mrs Freedman to leave the house hunting alone until at least autumn half term Dougie. But I wish you well nonetheless.

oopsy daisy!

Yeah.

Good luck Dougie.

You're going to need it.

Especially when the internet experts start dissecting your signings, team selections and performances.

God help you if you lose a few games.

Wish you will. Do it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab Overlord View Post
    Fully agree. Here's to the future, starting with 3 points Saturday.
    3 points on saturday and you fucking off to some other forum that likes you.

But seriously......

Fuck off.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post

But seriously......

Fuck off.

You still up?

Why yes, yes I am.

And I am still wondering why you have not fucked off.

Where's me hammer?

Good luck dougie, saturday was a must win before you came as was wednesday and the following saturday. Nothing has changed. Anything less than 7 points with the new manager bounce and questions on your ability and suitability need to be asked.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    Good luck dougie, saturday was a must win before you came as was wednesday and the following saturday. Nothing has changed. Anything less than 7 points with the new manager bounce and questions on your ability and suitability need to be asked.
    No.

The rules have changed now.

We're allowed not to win. It's no longer critical or essential that we win anymore.

Would be mental, self destructive, self imploding to do what "we" did when McLeish signed and write off Freedman before we've kicked a ball. Its not his fault Pearce has lost his job, he's just the next poor victim of being manager of our crazy club. He's got a difficult task ahead of him. The last thing he needs is restless fans making his life harder. Time to back the next manager as to not do so would be childish at the least. I don't want us to be playing in shitty Lg 1 next season and ultimately I would like us to have some success eventually.

Where's me hammer?

He took the job, the shit he will get if he doesnt start winning straight away will be just deserved.... He isnt gonna play worse teams than the next three we play before the end of the season. Nothing has changed bar the name plaque where the manager parks his car in the car park.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Good luck, your performance review is in 6 months. Unless we deem you not good enough before then.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

So, Abdoun back on the team sheet Saturday?

It seems that the Bolton fans send their best wishes http://http://lionofviennasuite.sbna...inds-a-new-job or was that their condolences?

Welcome to the asylum Mr Freedman.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post

But seriously......

Fuck off.
    as much as i dont like anal lord, a lot of things he has said has been right. And you, dear lord, can you stop acting like a petulant child? just ignore him if you dont like him. its a public forum, if he has an account and doesnt break any rules he has the right to voice his opinion.

lol

i welcome dougie as should all of our fans. if anyone boo's his entrance come saturday, those 'fans' are right arseholes.

I'm not sure anyone is really anti Dougie, just gutted about Pearce

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe Gariboldi View Post
    I'm not sure anyone is really anti Dougie, just gutted about Pearce
    look at facebook. there's quite a few.

And the next stop on the roller coaster, Dougie Freedman. Let's hope this one runs a bit better. Pearce doesn't have it as a manager, and it's a pity, but the results and performances (when I saw) were not very good.

This whole situation is horrible. Best of luck Dougie, the task you have in hand is massive.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

I didn't want Pearce sacked and I'm not overly enamoured by the appointment of Freedman - but as a true Forest supporter, I will applaud our new manager to the dugout and won't hound him out if we have a bad result.

There should be an ovation for Pearce on the 3rd minute though.

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Great idea. Start the thread (if you haven't already!)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dogtits View Post
    as much as i dont like anal lord, a lot of things he has said has been right. And you, dear lord, can you stop acting like a petulant child? just ignore him if you dont like him. its a public forum, if he has an account and doesnt break any rules he has the right to voice his opinion.
    He is singing From a different hymn sheet though, a Forest fan maybe whilst employed by the club in the publicity department. He trots out Fawaz 's lines like a good boy. So I do agree with Rogues sentiments.

Welcome Dougie. You must like a challenge! I wish you all the best. See you on Saturday

Can't understand the appointment but it's done now so we have to make the best of it.

Get us playing a passing game, win more than we lose for the rest of the season and it will be a success, of sorts.