Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Get ready to hound the next manager out...

Default Get ready to hound the next manager out...

Has a manager who you've backed been shown the door?

Did you feel that a certain section of supporters were instrumental in the downfall of a manager who you felt would eventually have brought success to the club?

Are you gutted that these supporters seemed to have ultimately succeeded in their campaign of negativity?

Don't worry. Focus that rage and you too can get the satisfaction of seeing the next manager hounded out.

Seriously though, could we for once just accept what's happened, move on and not go on a crusade against the next manager?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Default Re: Get ready to hound the next manager out...

I regret to advise that you are one manager too late with this cry of desperation

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Blaming the fans is utter bollocks especially when Fawaz has tiptoed in his statement to make sure that fans wouldnt kick off. This has nothing to do with fans negativity I havent known any other fanbase put up with such anti football tactics and poor results and still shout his name. Obviously these fans exist but no way do they influence managerial changes. By all means have a go at these fans for there opinions you disagree with but you are over exaggerating there influence.

let's at least wait to see his first team selection in advance of the next game

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi | vivit post funera virtus - Emprorer Tiberius

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Booooooo, sack the board, Freedman out!

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

If anything, if it wasn't for the fans Pearce wouldn't have lasted so long.

To be fair, you can't blame folk for the reaction to this. most are still fuming of Pearce's treatment.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlack View Post

Did you feel that a certain section of supporters were instrumental in the downfall of a manager who you felt would eventually have brought success to the club?

Are you gutted that these supporters seemed to have ultimately succeeded in their campaign of negativity?

Don't worry. Focus that rage and you too can get the satisfaction of seeing the next manager hounded out.

Seriously though, could we for once just accept what's happened, move on and not go on a crusade against the next manager?
    Absolutely totally with you on this.

However, this is a car crash waiting to happen. Freedman is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Fan Olly View Post
    If anything, if it wasn't for the fans Pearce wouldn't have lasted so long.
    If you mean the majority of fans then I agree. But what I said was 'a certain section' of the fans. It's the noisy minority who unfortunately seem to be able to push an agenda. Just look at the forums. Tumbleweeds when things are going well but goes mental when the shit hits the fan.

For the record I fully supported both BD and SP until they were sacked. It may sounds dispassionate but I just don't understand the vendetta types who sharpened their knives for SP when BD was shown the door or for BD when he came in.

If he gets the results he will the crowd behind him.
    I think we have proven that the crowd backing the manager and not getting on the players backs only goes so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlack View Post

This would be an appropriate lampoon of the kind of treatment some of our other past managers have received from fans. There were, without question, a significant section of supporters who did have a vendetta against Billy Davies, and were inevitably going to 'hound him out' of the club at the first possible opportunity.

That really wasn't the case with Pearce though. No one wanted the man to fail here. No one wanted to spend the last 6 months watching mostly dreadful, clueless looking football. No one wanted us to win just 3 of our last 24 games, and be losing 6 pointers against Millwall. We'd all have been a lot happier if this 'Forest person' experiment had been a success. But it hasn't. It's been an unequivocal failure, and that's the reason Stuart Pearce is no longer manager of Nottingham Forest. It has little/nothing to do with the attitude of our fans. The man has underachieved woefully given the squad he inherited and the backing he's received, and his sacking is entirely justified I'm afraid, regardless of the sense of resentment some fans will now feel towards Fawaz and those who have spoken against Pearce over the last few months.

Freedman seems a slightly underwhelming appointment on paper but given that we're genuinely no better than the relegation calibre sides right now, he'll be hard pressed to make us any worse. I think I'd rather entrust the remainder of our season to damn near anyone besides Pearce at this point.

Last edited by Steven McTowelie; 02-02-15 at 02:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven McTowelie View Post
    This would be an appropriate lampoon of the kind of treatment some of our other past managers have received from fans. There were, without question, a significant section of supporters who did have a vendetta against Billy Davies, and were inevitably going to 'hound him out' of the club at the first possible opportunity.

That really wasn't the case with Pearce though. No one wanted the man to fail here. No one wanted to spend the last 6 months watching mostly dreadful, clueless looking football. No one wanted us to win just 3 of our last 24 games, and be losing 6 pointers against Millwall. We'd all have been a lot happier if this 'Forest person' experiment had been a success. But it hasn't. It's been an unequivocal failure, and that's the reason Stuart Pearce is no longer manager of Nottingham Forest. It has little/nothing to do with the attitude of our fans. The man has underachieved woefully given the squad he inherited and the backing he's received, and his sacking is entirely justified I'm afraid, regardless of the sense of resentment some fans will now feel towards Fawaz and those who have spoken against Pearce over the last few months.

Freedman seems a slightly underwhelming appointment on paper but given that we're genuinely no better than the relegation calibre sides right now, he'll be hard pressed to make us any worse. I think I'd rather entrust the remainder of our season to damn near anyone besides Pearce at this point.
    For the most part even supporters who thought that Pearce was bad appointment still backed the man until the end. Some though were obviously either still smarting over the dismissal of King Billy or just are WUMs pure and simple.

I'm sure we had the 'be careful what you wish for' line trotted out when BD was given his marching orders along with all kinds of stats to prove what a shit appointment SP was and here it is again followed promptly by a 'shit it's Freeman and here's a list of stats proving how useless he is.'

Worse still, I've just seen posts wanting Freeman out purely because he took the job in the first place. Seriously?