Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you Stuart Pearce

Default Thank you Stuart Pearce

You took over a basket case of a club brought in some decent players but unfortunately it wasn't working out but you will always be seen as a legend at this club. Thanks for jan17th we will cherish that day especially if it keeps the bovine botherers down.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Dancing in the Trent End

Default Re: Thank you Stuart Pearce

Cheers Stu, but not even you could stop the rot that has been at this football club for the best part of 20 years.

We are shit. And we will not be going anywhere.

Sentiment aside, this feels like the wrong decision - Pearce was rebuilding deteriorated infrastructure and relationships, bringing through youth, balancing the books. Sure results were shite, but under Pearce we would grow. I'm flabbergasted.

Thank you Stuart Pearce. I really wish we could have seen his plans unfold more than we did.

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Where's me hammer?

Cheers Stu, you deserved better.

Samuel

The walk out against Blackpool was my favourite moment as a Forest fan. Thank you for giving me that.

The rest has been utter shit.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Massive thanks, total legend

The best game I went too in over 10 years was Derby away a few weeks back. That will always live in my mind.

Thank you Psycho - you will always be a legend

A massive thank you Stuart and remember the vast majority of the fans were always behind you

Quote Originally Posted by Quntib Hollox View Post
    You took over a basket case of a club brought in some decent players but unfortunately it wasn't working out but you will always be seen as a legend at this club. Thanks for jan17th we will cherish that day especially if it keeps the bovine botherers down.
    Didn't go to the Jan 17th game but the 2 goals aside, the highlight for me was the "he's one of our own" chant with it looking like it was heading for a draw. The Sky commentary team certainly picked up on it too.

Wrong decision to sack Pearce. I'm absolutely gutted for you Stuart, I really am.

I have never felt more dismayed by this club than I do now.

Recent results were not great; granted, but Pearce has been rebuilding from Ground Zero and I am 100% confident he would have turned it around. 15 years of rot doesn't dissapear overnight & 7 months is not enough time. Pearce loves Nottingham Forest and instead of displaying some stability for once, this stupid club reverts to its usual hire & fire policy. When will the Management learn??

Pearce is a Forest man through and through should have been given more time.

Last edited by James_NFFC; 01-02-15 at 20:23.

You were too good for us.

When you needed us, we let you down.

Looking Hairy

Thanks Stuart, you're the best man this club has ever employed and i'll never forget that. You're not much of a manager but we'll always have Pride Park.

Agree with everything on here so far. Feel absolutely desolate for him.

Top man, gave us so many fantastic memories, one of our own, true legend.

So sorry it didn't work out. Beginning to doubt anyone can take us back to being a decent, respectable club again.

We were not getting hammered, given we hit the post twice on Saturday according to the BBC and they scored from an individual error, seems harsh.

I hope he takes this alternative role at the club mentioned in the statement, though why would he really, surely too proud for that?

He may have chopped and changed the team too much in an effort to find the right formula but a lot of the more senior players should be ashamed to look at themselves in the mirror. Can they say they gave him 100%?

Totally and utterly gutted by this. A hero of mine has been let down by spineless/gutless players who are a disgrace.

You, Stuart Pearce, deserved better.

Quote Originally Posted by Quntib Hollox View Post
    He may have chopped and changed the team too much in an effort to find the right formula but a lot of the more senior players should be ashamed to look at themselves in the mirror. Can they say they gave him 100%?
    Even 50% effort would have been good.

Best served cold

Stuart Pearce reminded me what I love about this club, and restored a sense of pride that had long been worn away by a series of mercenary mangers and owners who's only approach is a quick fix.

The sacking of Pearce has reminded me of what I hate most about modern football and that is the short term need for success at all costs.

Thank you Psycho, that's twice you have left and broke my heart now

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    Stuart Pearce reminded me what I love about this club, and restored a sense of pride that had long been worn away by a series of mercenary mangers and owners who's only approach is a quick fix.

The sacking of Pearce has reminded me of what I hate most about modern football and that is the short term need for success at all costs.

Thank you Psycho, that's twice you have left and broke my heart now
    Fantastic post.

I agree with all the comments but the football as been dreadful,something had to break because we were heading for League 1

Thankyou Stuart, for trying to come back for us. We all wanted to go up with you, it made most sense with you.

You were thoroughly let down by the players - if I ever see Mclaughlin in a Forest shirt again, I'll be severely disappointed. A soft goal to concede that has cost Pearce the role. Should have kept him farmed out into the lower leagues. A lot of players in that dressing room have shown their true value to the supporters that they don't deserve to be backed by.

It's difficult to know how to feel about the club now. Pearce embodied the last Nottingham Forest team that was really worth much cop - something completely proven by the fan reaction on Radio Nottm's Monday phone in after Darchelles had been flogged to the Geordies - and to have him 'relieved of his duties' by the current administration after such a short time in charge, is remarkably short sighted.

I fear this game with Fawaz will end badly for Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    A massive thank you Stuart and remember the vast majority of the fans were always behind you
    This.

Terrible decision.

Stuart "Pride Passion Forest" Pearce, I salute you and wish you well.

Thanks for your effort Psycho obviously he will always be a forest legend.