Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Kevin MacDonald + Jack Lester

Default Kevin MacDonald + Jack Lester

Massive fan of Pearce but just isn't a good manager.

Been given more than enough time to show some light at the end of the tunnel, but we're getting worse. There's a stat flying around that in the last 17 games, we have scored 0 goals in the first half from open play.

I think Pearce would be a great ambassador to have around the club, but I fear he's tactically inept, and wouldn't want him having any involvement with the team.

Also fed up with us spending millions of pounds on players every year.

I think we should go for MacDonald with Lester assistant manager learning under him. Both have done very well with the youth teams, and would be much cheaper to promote from within.

Sell Lansbury to help balance the books, and promote some of the youngsters who are showing potential, guided by two people who already know them well.

Play a fast passing, attacking game and press the ball when we don't have it, much like Bournemouth play at home.

Focus on developing our own players, create a worldwide scouting system to stock the youth team with talent, and stop spending millions every window. Then pass the savings onto the fans, and make the city ground a fortress again.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Kevin MacDonald + Jack Lester

It's almost too easy.......

Someone fetch a priest!

I got off with a girl once in McDonalds in Leicester.

A worldwide scouting system but we don't spend millions... The cost of scouting worldwide be millions

Quote Originally Posted by SherwoodBear View Post
    A worldwide scouting system but we don't spend millions... The cost of scouting worldwide be millions
    A cheif scout at a top 4 club earns 100-200k per year, scouts at our level earn nowhere near that.

Or do you think paying 5.5m rising to 8m for one player is sustainable? With the embargoes to follow...

Bournemouth got Harry Arter for 50k from Woking, Ipswich got Tyrone Mings from Cippenham Town for 10k.

Rice 34

MacDonald till end of season is likely if Pearce goes I'd say.

Zycomm Two Way Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Di Natale View Post
    A cheif scout at a top 4 club earns 100-200k per year, scouts at our level earn nowhere near that.

Or do you think paying 5.5m rising to 8m for one player is sustainable? With the embargoes to follow...

Bournemouth got Harry Arter for 50k from Woking, Ipswich got Tyrone Mings from Cippenham Town for 10k.
    Woking and Cippenham Town aren't worldwide, Mings was well known as he was released by Southampton for being to small (now look at the size of him)

The cost of funding multiple scouts to travel and stay around the world in hope they find some serious quality young player who we hope develops and adapts to to English game be a massive risk.