Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

Default Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

Anyone else think this? I think SP is actually very mild mannered, just look at how he was bullied by Capello. I think the dressing room morale is fine, but the players are lazy & sloppy,because they don't fear the wrath of the manager. Take Britt for example. I wish he would stop chewing gum all game. How can he put in a top sporting performance with a gob full of bazooka plus he looks like a mardy teenager who doesn't give a sh1t. It really pisses me off. You wouldn't see top athletes chewing gum in an olympic final and SP should put a stop to it.

Pearce had the whole of England to choose from as England U21 manager and he still couldn't get them to perform, so it doesn't bode well for us. A legend for Forest. Out of his depth as a manager

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

I think that I'd give diamonds to see you call him a pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    I think that I'd give diamonds to see you call him a pussy.
    Spot on.

Classless.

Poor choice of words but I think we get where you're coming from and it's been said many times before.

It could be a problem that Pearce doesn't have the full respect of the players as a manager. Do they believe in him? As a person and a player, the respect will never be in doubt. The players will want to do anything for him. But as a manager, it's questionable whether it's there or not in terms of the teams he picks, the way he deals with certain individuals, training ground methods, and the tactics he employs on the pitch.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post

Classless.
    Its par for the course around this place these days.

Perhaps Pearce understands that a good manager needs more than to shout at and scare his players? Any idiot can yell ''that was terrible!''. He may not be getting results, but I for one am glad he conducts himself as a gentleman.

I am fairly surprised the FA haven't banned players from chewing gum in games, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jjthompsonuk View Post
    Anyone else think this? I think SP is actually very mild mannered, just look at how he was bullied by Capello. I think the dressing room morale is fine, but the players are lazy & sloppy,because they don't fear the wrath of the manager. Take Britt for example. I wish he would stop chewing gum all game. How can he put in a top sporting performance with a gob full of bazooka plus he looks like a mardy teenager who doesn't give a sh1t. It really pisses me off. You wouldn't see top athletes chewing gum in an olympic final and SP should put a stop to it.

Pearce had the whole of England to choose from as England U21 manager and he still couldn't get them to perform, so it doesn't bode well for us. A legend for Forest. Out of his depth as a manager
    I REALLY agree with the gum point. Not only does it look sloppy but surely it's dangerous?

I disagree that he was bullied by anyone, he was denied players that should have been selected ...that's not bullying it was more "FACT...it's happening" when it should've been nowehere near that. It's widely documented that SP was denied the services of many players he wished to select in his squad at U21 level, more than once. Not bullying, more FA/PL caving in to clubs. If anything, it's the FA/PL that allowed themselves to be bullied and dominated by PL clubs and managers. Unacceptable but it happened and is widely documented.

He was, actually, undermined several times when selecting a squad therefore, having already been undermined and betrayed from above. He made his feelings clear. The FA SHOULD have backed him but didn't, and caved to club demands. Disgusting at the time, and not yet dealt with properly, in that it WILL hapen again, more is the pity.

So, NO, he did not, in fact "have the whole of England to choose from as England U21 manager"

What he had, he did actually "get them to perform" . Regularly, in fact. Look it up. Along with actual facts. They do exist.

But don't let facts cloud your version of events eh?

Last edited by forestzoe; 01-02-15 at 04:32.

Man City - No players for you, because we need to sell the club to a crook.
    U-21 - No players for you, because we need them for the other squad
    Forest - No players for you, because they are all broken and we aren't allowed to buy more because ages ago we bought all those shit ones you can't get rid of.

Great being Pearce, innit?

http://www.uhc.com/bmtn-categories/b...om-chewing-gum

Just saying

Britt could be chewing gum for a number of reasons.did he do it at Peterborough?after watching him he seems a bit of a hot head when he does get the ball,does he chew gum to help calm him,like a stress ball?

Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post

That's not for chewing whilst you play a professional football match. Do you think Nick Symmonds is ever chewing that whilst he's red-lining it down the home straight?

That an athlete has come out with a gimmicky caffeine gum and even they tell you 'don't chew while you run' is as good an argument as any for not doing.

And that advice is from a guy who doesn't have a problem running a mile in 5 mins 19secs whilst downing beer too:

http://youtu.be/ZyTTG2DFZok

Many of our players have now failed to perform under a number of managers.So is it the players at fault or have all the managers we've employed been crap?

Who cares Anyway...?

Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post
    Running isn't a contact sport, so a pretty piss poor comparison really.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rigler View Post
    Running isn't a contact sport, so a pretty piss poor comparison really.....
    He made the comparison to an Olympic athlete not me

Quote Originally Posted by Trickygaz View Post
    Many of our players have now failed to perform under a number of managers.So is it the players at fault or have all the managers we've employed been crap?
    That's not true, Darlow, Hobbs, Wilson, Lascelles, Lansbury, Vaughan, Patterson all performed well when they where fit last season.

Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand View Post
    That's not true, Darlow, Hobbs, Wilson, Lascelles, Lansbury, Vaughan, Patterson all performed well when they where fit last season.

In patches they did, Hobbs was the only one who looked solid for any period of time. Lascelles did well when he played with Hobbs and Darlow did ok, for a young keeper.
    The rest had odd flashes but that was all.

Make no mistake, Pearce will still be considered a Forest legend regardless of how this whole managerial affair ends. Him taking us up would have been perfect, but sometimes life doesn't work that way, we'll have to do what everyone else does and start again.

....results say otherwise.

Take Britt for example. I wish he would stop chewing gum all game. How can he put in a top sporting performance with a gob full of bazooka plus he looks like a mardy teenager who doesn't give a sh1t. It really pisses me off. You wouldn't see top athletes chewing gum in an olympic final and SP should put a stop to it.
    Doesn't seem to stop him from scoring goals does it? And as for being a mardy teenager that is complete bull mate. I have never seen a player take bad sportsmanship (towards him) so light heartedly, the guy always has a smile on his face. Every time he gets pushed, shoved or tripped by a defender who know's Britt is too good for him, he always just laughs it off, no matter how malicious the intent, which is a brilliant outlook to the game in my opinion.

Or am I wrong?

Even more so I can't see where this "doesn't give a shit" view of yours comes from. He does exactly as he is told, never backs down and certainly celebrates his goals like someone who cares.

Last edited by RedFaithful; 01-02-15 at 13:53.

In patches they did, Hobbs was the only one who looked solid for any period of time. Lascelles did well when he played with Hobbs and Darlow did ok, for a young keeper.
    I agree with that, Hobbs was the only one with good consistent performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Fail View Post
    Man City - No players for you, because we need to sell the club to a crook.
    U-21 - No players for you, because we need them for the other squad
    Forest - No players for you, because they are all broken and we aren't allowed to buy more because ages ago we bought all those shit ones you can't get rid of.

Great being Pearce, innit?
    He signed loads of players and broke our transfer record, managers have succeeded with a lot less than he has.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFaithful View Post
    Doesn't seem to stop him from scoring goals does it? And as for being a mardy teenager that is complete bull mate. I have never seen a player take bad sportsmanship (towards him) so light heartedly, the guy always has a smile on his face. Every time he gets pushed, shoved or tripped by a defender who know's Britt is too good for him, he always just laughs it off, no matter how malicious the intent, which is a brilliant outlook to the game in my opinion.

Or am I wrong?

Even more so I can't see where this "doesn't give a shit" view of yours comes from. He does exactly as he is told, never backs down and certainly celebrates his goals like someone who cares.
    This, in the Derby game he was getting fouled left right and centre, kept smiling through it and had the last laugh. It's not his fault he receives the ball at waste height with a centre half stuck to his back. He seems to have a great attitude.

I can't agree, Wilson looked immense with Hobbs at the start of the season until he got injured. Patterson was the player of the season when he broke into the team. Lascelles got a £5m transfer on the back of his first full season. Lansbury had his best season hence the hysteria when it was rumoured he was going to be sold, Vaughan was the missing midfield peice that we where all clamouring to return from injury.

Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand View Post
    I can't agree, Wilson looked immense with Hobbs at the start of the season until he got injured. Patterson was the player of the season when he broke into the team. Lascelles got a £5m transfer on the back of his first full season. Lansbury had his best season hence the hysteria when it was rumoured he was going to be sold, Vaughan was the missing midfield peice that we where all clamouring to return from injury.

Wilson played very little last season, hence 3 weeks Wilson which gave Lascelles his chance and Jamaal took it. He looks much less a player when he isn't partnered with Hobbs though.
    Pato had an excellent 2 months then faded horrendously, he's a young player so that is fair enough but it happened. Lansbury is a fantastic footballer but went missing last season for long periods when he had personal issues if you remember.
    Vaughan is great but will he ever be fit again?

Take Britt for example. I wish he would stop chewing gum all game. How can he put in a top sporting performance with a gob full of bazooka plus he looks like a mardy teenager who doesn't give a sh1t.
    Well, perhaps if we didn't play long ball to Antonio every game, he'd be more involved.