Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    155

    Default Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Anyone else think this? I think SP is actually very mild mannered, just look at how he was bullied by Capello. I think the dressing room morale is fine, but the players are lazy & sloppy,because they don't fear the wrath of the manager. Take Britt for example. I wish he would stop chewing gum all game. How can he put in a top sporting performance with a gob full of bazooka plus he looks like a mardy teenager who doesn't give a sh1t. It really pisses me off. You wouldn't see top athletes chewing gum in an olympic final and SP should put a stop to it.

    Pearce had the whole of England to choose from as England U21 manager and he still couldn't get them to perform, so it doesn't bode well for us. A legend for Forest. Out of his depth as a manager


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,090

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    I think that I'd give diamonds to see you call him a pussy.


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,215

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    I think that I'd give diamonds to see you call him a pussy.
    Spot on.


    Classless.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,935

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Poor choice of words but I think we get where you're coming from and it's been said many times before.

    It could be a problem that Pearce doesn't have the full respect of the players as a manager. Do they believe in him? As a person and a player, the respect will never be in doubt. The players will want to do anything for him. But as a manager, it's questionable whether it's there or not in terms of the teams he picks, the way he deals with certain individuals, training ground methods, and the tactics he employs on the pitch.


  6. #5
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45,677

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post


    Classless.
    Its par for the course around this place these days.


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    8,096

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Perhaps Pearce understands that a good manager needs more than to shout at and scare his players? Any idiot can yell ''that was terrible!''. He may not be getting results, but I for one am glad he conducts himself as a gentleman.

    I am fairly surprised the FA haven't banned players from chewing gum in games, though.


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Warrington.
    Posts
    3,482

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Quote Originally Posted by jjthompsonuk View Post
    Anyone else think this? I think SP is actually very mild mannered, just look at how he was bullied by Capello. I think the dressing room morale is fine, but the players are lazy & sloppy,because they don't fear the wrath of the manager. Take Britt for example. I wish he would stop chewing gum all game. How can he put in a top sporting performance with a gob full of bazooka plus he looks like a mardy teenager who doesn't give a sh1t. It really pisses me off. You wouldn't see top athletes chewing gum in an olympic final and SP should put a stop to it.

    Pearce had the whole of England to choose from as England U21 manager and he still couldn't get them to perform, so it doesn't bode well for us. A legend for Forest. Out of his depth as a manager
    I REALLY agree with the gum point. Not only does it look sloppy but surely it's dangerous?

    I disagree that he was bullied by anyone, he was denied players that should have been selected ...that's not bullying it was more "FACT...it's happening" when it should've been nowehere near that. It's widely documented that SP was denied the services of many players he wished to select in his squad at U21 level, more than once. Not bullying, more FA/PL caving in to clubs. If anything, it's the FA/PL that allowed themselves to be bullied and dominated by PL clubs and managers. Unacceptable but it happened and is widely documented.

    He was, actually, undermined several times when selecting a squad therefore, having already been undermined and betrayed from above. He made his feelings clear. The FA SHOULD have backed him but didn't, and caved to club demands. Disgusting at the time, and not yet dealt with properly, in that it WILL hapen again, more is the pity.

    So, NO, he did not, in fact "have the whole of England to choose from as England U21 manager"

    What he had, he did actually "get them to perform" . Regularly, in fact. Look it up. Along with actual facts. They do exist.

    But don't let facts cloud your version of events eh?

    Last edited by forestzoe; 01-02-15 at 04:32.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,259

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Man City - No players for you, because we need to sell the club to a crook.
    U-21 - No players for you, because we need them for the other squad
    Forest - No players for you, because they are all broken and we aren't allowed to buy more because ages ago we bought all those shit ones you can't get rid of.

    Great being Pearce, innit?


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Asply
    Posts
    8,311

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Quote Originally Posted by jjthompsonuk View Post
    Anyone else think this? I think SP is actually very mild mannered, just look at how he was bullied by Capello. I think the dressing room morale is fine, but the players are lazy & sloppy,because they don't fear the wrath of the manager. Take Britt for example. I wish he would stop chewing gum all game. How can he put in a top sporting performance with a gob full of bazooka plus he looks like a mardy teenager who doesn't give a sh1t. It really pisses me off. You wouldn't see top athletes chewing gum in an olympic final and SP should put a stop to it.

    Pearce had the whole of England to choose from as England U21 manager and he still couldn't get them to perform, so it doesn't bode well for us. A legend for Forest. Out of his depth as a manager
    http://www.uhc.com/bmtn-categories/b...om-chewing-gum

    Just saying


  11. #10

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Britt could be chewing gum for a number of reasons.did he do it at Peterborough?after watching him he seems a bit of a hot head when he does get the ball,does he chew gum to help calm him,like a stress ball?


  12. #11

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post

    That's not for chewing whilst you play a professional football match. Do you think Nick Symmonds is ever chewing that whilst he's red-lining it down the home straight?

    That an athlete has come out with a gimmicky caffeine gum and even they tell you 'don't chew while you run' is as good an argument as any for not doing.

    And that advice is from a guy who doesn't have a problem running a mile in 5 mins 19secs whilst downing beer too:

    http://youtu.be/ZyTTG2DFZok


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Perthshire
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Many of our players have now failed to perform under a number of managers.So is it the players at fault or have all the managers we've employed been crap?


  14. #13
    Who cares Anyway...?
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chilwell (The posh end of Beeston)
    Posts
    4,820

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post
    Running isn't a contact sport, so a pretty piss poor comparison really.....


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Asply
    Posts
    8,311

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigler View Post
    Running isn't a contact sport, so a pretty piss poor comparison really.....
    He made the comparison to an Olympic athlete not me


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,823

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Quote Originally Posted by Trickygaz View Post
    Many of our players have now failed to perform under a number of managers.So is it the players at fault or have all the managers we've employed been crap?
    That's not true, Darlow, Hobbs, Wilson, Lascelles, Lansbury, Vaughan, Patterson all performed well when they where fit last season.


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,090

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand View Post
    That's not true, Darlow, Hobbs, Wilson, Lascelles, Lansbury, Vaughan, Patterson all performed well when they where fit last season.

    In patches they did, Hobbs was the only one who looked solid for any period of time. Lascelles did well when he played with Hobbs and Darlow did ok, for a young keeper.
    The rest had odd flashes but that was all.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,578

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Make no mistake, Pearce will still be considered a Forest legend regardless of how this whole managerial affair ends. Him taking us up would have been perfect, but sometimes life doesn't work that way, we'll have to do what everyone else does and start again.


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Perthshire
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    ....results say otherwise.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    566

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Quote Originally Posted by jjthompsonuk View Post
    Take Britt for example. I wish he would stop chewing gum all game. How can he put in a top sporting performance with a gob full of bazooka plus he looks like a mardy teenager who doesn't give a sh1t. It really pisses me off. You wouldn't see top athletes chewing gum in an olympic final and SP should put a stop to it.
    Doesn't seem to stop him from scoring goals does it? And as for being a mardy teenager that is complete bull mate. I have never seen a player take bad sportsmanship (towards him) so light heartedly, the guy always has a smile on his face. Every time he gets pushed, shoved or tripped by a defender who know's Britt is too good for him, he always just laughs it off, no matter how malicious the intent, which is a brilliant outlook to the game in my opinion.

    Or am I wrong?

    Even more so I can't see where this "doesn't give a shit" view of yours comes from. He does exactly as he is told, never backs down and certainly celebrates his goals like someone who cares.

    Last edited by RedFaithful; 01-02-15 at 13:53.

  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,578

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    In patches they did, Hobbs was the only one who looked solid for any period of time. Lascelles did well when he played with Hobbs and Darlow did ok, for a young keeper.
    The rest had odd flashes but that was all.
    I agree with that, Hobbs was the only one with good consistent performances.


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,151

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Fail View Post
    Man City - No players for you, because we need to sell the club to a crook.
    U-21 - No players for you, because we need them for the other squad
    Forest - No players for you, because they are all broken and we aren't allowed to buy more because ages ago we bought all those shit ones you can't get rid of.

    Great being Pearce, innit?
    He signed loads of players and broke our transfer record, managers have succeeded with a lot less than he has.


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,823

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFaithful View Post
    Doesn't seem to stop him from scoring goals does it? And as for being a mardy teenager that is complete bull mate. I have never seen a player take bad sportsmanship (towards him) so light heartedly, the guy always has a smile on his face. Every time he gets pushed, shoved or tripped by a defender who know's Britt is too good for him, he always just laughs it off, no matter how malicious the intent, which is a brilliant outlook to the game in my opinion.

    Or am I wrong?

    Even more so I can't see where this "doesn't give a shit" view of yours comes from. He does exactly as he is told, never backs down and certainly celebrates his goals like someone who cares.
    This, in the Derby game he was getting fouled left right and centre, kept smiling through it and had the last laugh. It's not his fault he receives the ball at waste height with a centre half stuck to his back. He seems to have a great attitude.


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,823

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    In patches they did, Hobbs was the only one who looked solid for any period of time. Lascelles did well when he played with Hobbs and Darlow did ok, for a young keeper.
    The rest had odd flashes but that was all.
    I can't agree, Wilson looked immense with Hobbs at the start of the season until he got injured. Patterson was the player of the season when he broke into the team. Lascelles got a £5m transfer on the back of his first full season. Lansbury had his best season hence the hysteria when it was rumoured he was going to be sold, Vaughan was the missing midfield peice that we where all clamouring to return from injury.


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,090

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand View Post
    I can't agree, Wilson looked immense with Hobbs at the start of the season until he got injured. Patterson was the player of the season when he broke into the team. Lascelles got a £5m transfer on the back of his first full season. Lansbury had his best season hence the hysteria when it was rumoured he was going to be sold, Vaughan was the missing midfield peice that we where all clamouring to return from injury.

    Wilson played very little last season, hence 3 weeks Wilson which gave Lascelles his chance and Jamaal took it. He looks much less a player when he isn't partnered with Hobbs though.
    Pato had an excellent 2 months then faded horrendously, he's a young player so that is fair enough but it happened. Lansbury is a fantastic footballer but went missing last season for long periods when he had personal issues if you remember.
    Vaughan is great but will he ever be fit again?


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,727

    Default Re: Psycho on the pitch, pussy in the dressing room

    Quote Originally Posted by jjthompsonuk View Post
    Take Britt for example. I wish he would stop chewing gum all game. How can he put in a top sporting performance with a gob full of bazooka plus he looks like a mardy teenager who doesn't give a sh1t.
    Well, perhaps if we didn't play long ball to Antonio every game, he'd be more involved.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •