Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: interview with Lansbury

Default interview with Lansbury

there's a few surprises here, decent insight if a bit superficial

http://thegreensoccerjournal.com/henri-lansbury/

Last edited by Redemption; 19-01-15 at 22:47.
    We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi | vivit post funera virtus - Emprorer Tiberius

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

winnits

They’re brilliant up here. They’re friendly; it’s a good place to come. My mates love coming up here; they’d rather come up here than go out in London, so I think that says quite a lot.
    Damn right.

Default Re: interview with Lansbury

I like him saying that hes not playing very well atm, at least he recognises it and is trying to do something about it

Swedish Meatball

Quote Originally Posted by cms186 View Post
    I like him saying that hes not playing very well atm, at least he recognises it and is trying to do something about it
    I can't remember another player ever saying he isn't playing very well. Unusual. Fair enough.

Impressive member

Yeah, that interview seemed rather informal. Almost intimate.

lol

I like the look of the picture with the blue forest shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtits View Post

Wrong forum dogtits.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Wrong forum dogtits.
    Give me the link to the forum sir, I'm lost.

Give me the link to the forum sir, I'm lost.
    Maybe I can help, http://www.ouchytheclown.com

:leacock:

He sounds like a really decent guy but I think this says alot about his personality:

Q. It seems strange to be saying it, but, at 24, your experience to this point means that, in some respects, you’re already a seasoned pro. Do you find that the guys are looking to you in the dressing room?

A. [Almost spits out his tea] No way! Not a chance! […] I do think, though, that we’re quite naive at the moment when it comes to some sides of our game. I’ve played with quite a few experienced players; people like [Kevin] Nolan, who are always round the referee. He’ll get the referee to give him a penalty, when it’s not a penalty. I just think we’re very nice as a team.

At his age and the quality of clubs and players he has been around, Henri NEEDS to be a leader in the dressing room.

Its time to grow up and accept some responsibility for guiding the next crop of youngsters!

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    He sounds like a really decent guy but I think this says alot about his personality:

Q. It seems strange to be saying it, but, at 24, your experience to this point means that, in some respects, you’re already a seasoned pro. Do you find that the guys are looking to you in the dressing room?

A. [Almost spits out his tea] No way! Not a chance! […] I do think, though, that we’re quite naive at the moment when it comes to some sides of our game. I’ve played with quite a few experienced players; people like [Kevin] Nolan, who are always round the referee. He’ll get the referee to give him a penalty, when it’s not a penalty. I just think we’re very nice as a team.

At his age and the quality of clubs and players he has been around, Henri NEEDS to be a leader in the dressing room.

Its time to grow up and accept some responsibility for guiding the next crop of youngsters!
    There lies a story of this season for Henri. Needs to find his plums and fast.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    There lies a story of this season for Henri. Needs to find his plums and fast.
    With a bit of direction - and I really thought, and continue to think, that Pearce could be the man to give it him - Lansbury could be one of those players that is adored at Forest. He could be a hero for so many young kids. I wish he'd sort himself out and get playing like we know he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    With a bit of direction - and I really thought, and continue to think, that Pearce could be the man to give it him - Lansbury could be one of those players that is adored at Forest. He could be a hero for so many young kids. I wish he'd sort himself out and get playing like we know he can.
    He's got the makings of being a cracking player. Seems a mental thing to me which the interview kind of alludes to.

He's got a mentalist on his case, it can only go oneof two ways.

Quote Originally Posted by cms186 View Post
    He's not trying too hard , is he ?

Probably couldn't be bothered too much , he already got what he wanted conning forest into offering him a new contract when he still got 2 more years to go and doubling his pay thanks to SP.

Not that type of player

J

He makes a good point about our naivity around refs. The Buxton foul on Antonio was followed by hardly any appeal by Forest players. Other teams would have made much more of it. Talking to a Derby mate last night who sits at the same end, but he didn't see the incident and doubted if it happened because, 'there wasn't any protest from your players'.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Banned

Interesting in the question asking about Stuart Pearce. He just says he's a legend here, that's it.

He does however have a lot of good things to say about Wigley.

I much prefer these points:

"If you need an example, remember how my teams at Derby and Nottingham Forest went about their work - not effing and blinding at match officials, not by intimidating referees or hacking then ball away in disgust at free kicks given against us. Referees regarded my teams as their favourites because we simplified their jobs. We made refereeing easier than it was with other teams. We didn't antagonise them or chase them with angry gestures."

"We'll never be a football club that bemoans the match officials."

Kevin Nolan has always been Sam Allardyce's evil cheating head henchman. I'd hope none of our players aspire to that.

http://seatpitch.co.uk/2014/12/02/fa...-2-1-forest-2/

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 20-01-15 at 09:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    J

He makes a good point about our naivity around refs. The Buxton foul on Antonio was followed by hardly any appeal by Forest players. Other teams would have made much more of it. Talking to a Derby mate last night who sits at the same end, but he didn't see the incident and doubted if it happened because, 'there wasn't any protest from your players'.
    I think you're better than this.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    I think you're better than this.

Reid fulfils this function when he's in the team, but without him our team are too quiet and timid.

Still a baby at 24 in today's game & society IMO.
    Your not wrong like, but I think now is the making of him, not the final product. Reckon he'll peak 26-28 range.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

He seems like a 'late maturer' - I've got two lads in their 20s, one of them was mentally-ready for the adult world at 20, the other is still struggling as he approaches 24, but the signs are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    He's got the makings of being a cracking player. Seems a mental thing to me which the interview kind of alludes to.
    He's right about over-thinking things. That can often be a downfall when you're playing sport but an easy habit to get into when things aren't going right (you over analyse things)

He just needs to find his natural rhythm again but the good thing is he sounds settled and happy here and hopefully has his best years ahead of him.

Banned

Didn't think he was too bad Saturday, certainly not at his best in an attacking sense but solid in the middle, apart from the 5 minute period he nearly scored a hat-trick of own goals.

Derby fans on their forum seem to think he (along with Tesche and Gardner) bossed Hendrick and Bryson.