Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Priceless

Default Priceless

In light of today's wonderment I thought I'd share one of my most treasured possessions.

This is a photo of Mr Pearce, it was sent to me after my Dad wrote to the club upon my birth to tell Psycho that he'd given me the middle name Pearce. It's faded in the 23 years I've had it, but the slight hint of felt tip pen you can see used to read "To Josh, Best Wishes, Stuart Pearce". It's the first thing I put on display any time I move to a new flat/house and will be for many years to come!

Anyone else got any priceless memorabilia and a story behind it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 17-01-2015 21 41 14.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	9112

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Priceless

I had both kits in that picture. The Forest one, and the County one Tommy Johnson is wearing.

First kit I can remember having was the 96-97 one, My girlfriend bought me the same one for my 21st after outbidding someone on ebay, turns out that someone was me and we were bidding against each other

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    First kit I can remember having was the 96-97 one, My girlfriend bought me the same one for my 21st after outbidding someone on ebay, turns out that someone was me and we were bidding against each other
    Thats brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post

Left Winger

John McGovern signed my program at Forest v Dynamo Berlin in 1980. I was 11.

He is a legend.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

I love this thread and everything in it

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Don't know how my Dad got it for me but I have a copy of He's Got the Whole World signed by every player on the cover. Whenever I move (icluding countries) its always the first thing packed.

Victor Meldrew

I have a shirt with Anatoli 11 on the back. The first 1 is signed by John Robertson, the second 1 is signed by Ian Storey Moore.

My dad bought my son a signed photo of the first European Cup winning team.

I've hung it in the wall opposite his cot so that it's the first thing he sees when he wakes up.

The little man has no chance, he WILL support my team.

I've got an autograph with book with the Clough / Taylor era teams signatures in it. My ex MIL was caring for Mr. Taylor when he was in QMC and of course they all visited him.
    Seemed rude not to take advantage....... :-)

I have a great letter from Brian Clough that I will try and scan in later. When I ran a cub football team, I wrote asking if they had a spare kit. It's a great reply.

I blagged a press pass at the CG in the late 90s. It was the West Ham game just after we had two big wins. They scored first then in the last few minutes Stan the Man scored the equaliser at the Trent End and ran towards the fans leaning right over my head! My video is mostly of his legs before it cuts out because of all the jostling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150118_090937.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	9116

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150118_091005.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	9115  

Picture with signature of the big man himself under a nffc coat of arms (pass down).

Then a framed wooden carving of our 3 badges since 1865, had it made over xmas, chose the design etc.... one of a kind.

A simple thing, but priceless to me is a matchday programme from when Forest came to Sincil Bank for a preseason in 96. I got autographs from, iirc (need to dig it out) Pearce, Clarke, Lyttle, Phillips, Campbell, Bart Williams and someone else, but cannot remember who.

I've got John Lawton's "History of Nottingham Forest" that was published in 1980. One the front it is signed by Clough. The back by Peter Taylor. And inside by almost all the players from both Cup games. Tere were a few that were difficult to get including Cloughs. However, in the 80/81 season, in night game against Liverpool - they won, knocking us out of the League Cup - I finally got Clough. He wasn't very happy that I was stood outside of the players entrance after a game on a school night, I was 11. After He'd signed he asked what I was waiting for. I told him there were a few players that I still needed to get, he took the book inside and got me some extra signature, came out, gave me the book and sent me packing.

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi

BC came to the Pinxton branch of the supporters club around 1982. I did'nt have a autograph book or any paper so i ripped a beer mat in half and asked brian for an autograph for my 2 nippers. He took it asked their names and wrote on the mat, To Danny and Lindsey. Be good. Brian. Sits in my little box of memories to this day

Impressive member

All I have is a lifetime of good memories and a satisfaction that I support the greatest football team in the world.

And that, to me, is priceless.

I have some unusual bits of memorabilia.

I have a square of carpet from the jubilee club, the one with a picture of the European cup woven on it. Anyone who used the Jubilee during that time must remember it.

I also have a whisky decanter that should have been issued to all Forest players when they beat Luton in the 1989 Littlewoods cup. They were sent to the club but Cloughie never gave them out.

This picture hangs proudly above my pc

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150118_154634.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	9118