Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Views

Default Views

"Things are looking decidedly ropey at the minute but a good home record in the 2nd half of the season will see us safe.

We have 7 of the 9 teams around us still to play at home....

So a bit of momentum and continued decent performances away from home and we should be OK. (maybe)"

!It doesnt seem to help. We are just as shit a team at home, as we are away. Those teams will probably still do us over at home, whilst we talk about how another goalkeeper is playing a blinder against us- a fate which only seems to befall us, every week -and if we keep playing like we did against brighton we'll batter someone soon.

Sigh. Sorry, feeling very negative about the club,our manager, and our chances at the moment. Theres almost a complete lack of anything to be positive about as a forest fan at the moment!"

"
    On the plus side though, we'll now probably come up against sides who think they only need to turn up to beat us. We should take advantage of the 'rope-a-dope' effect."

We need to find the winning formula sooner rather than later. If we do, I'm confident X is the type of manager that can send us on a run.
    "

"... chasing after the longball hoofed up field by the returning from injury X no doubt."

"I was at the game on Saturday and the outcome, both in terms of performance and result, was utterly predictable. I've now seen 5 out of the 7 games....... and every single time we set up to defend deep, soak up pressure and try and nick a goal from a set piece. Not only is it fucking dull as shit, it's not going to be fruitful in the long run.

We deserved to lose......... not because they were better than us but because we handed it to them on a plate. We wanted a 0-0 draw but we came close to conceding a few times already.

......., we defended deep, soaked up their possession and looked to grab a goal. I can understand doing it away, or against high flying teams, but [they] were so dross we should have dominated those games. I'm sure someone will point out we won both, but we didn't deserve to.

I'm happy for the team just to shut up shop and get some wins under their belts after the awful start ......, but I just hope the season has more to it than becoming long-ball Portsmouth mk2. I hope that ........ we start to see some width being used. I hope ....... we can have that link up player and pace player up front which we're desperately lacking.

Basically a lot of things need to happen to convince me that we're no longer shit. A few sneaked wins over equally piss poor teams isn't doing enough to convince me that this team is yet to turn the corner."

Just a few comments. And there are thousands. They are the comments on approx 4
    threads. Agreed that I have picked n chosen, but only so much, I don't have the time to search properly.

I've purposely blacked out managers, players, and not included poster names ( I will credit those who wish to be credited).

Is any of it familiar?

Sadly, depressingly so, it is.

These posts are from 2011.

I hope that we win every match, I wouldn't go otherwise. We are a mid table Championship club, with aspirations to be more. Every season we hope, it's part of football.

And every season, there are calls for the head of whoever manages us, and idle players out.

And every season, it doesn't work. We've now had more managers since Clough than in the previous 100 years or summat stupid.

Twisting hasn't worked, let's stick for a bit and see, eh?

Last edited by forestzoe; 16-01-15 at 04:47.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Views

And no, I didn't seek out any quotes in particular, I took them all off about 4 threads, and it took me about 20 mins. There's MANY more, depressingly so

So you are saying we are Cotterills Forest mk2?

That could easily be applied to this season, as I thought it was until reading the last bit.