Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 109 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 2713

Thread: Nigel Clough

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    395

    Default Nigel Clough

    You know when people post that they've heard something from a decent source (sauce) and they "can't say who..." you rightly get suspicious...

    I've heard that Nigel Clough is being tapped up to replace Pearce.

    I don't know what i think to that, but purely on managerial success; i would say that it's an appointment that could ONLY happen because of sentimentality. In which case we should just stick with Psycho.

    I've never seen anything in Clough Jnr that would convince me he can arrest the slide and turn things around. Buy a team of non-league players; yes, for sure, though...


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    15,724

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    I highly doubt it and doubt he would leave Sheffield United. I hope he isn't either way. That would just show desperation in my opinion. He's an okay manager, but nothing that would get us promoted. It would be a poor move in my eyes.


  4. #3
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    24,798

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    It will be nonsense.
    Anyway, as it stands we are less appealing than Sheff Utd. They look good for promotion, on a good cup run and in the semi final of the other cup. They have no umbongo and the owners show more loyalty to their managers.

    Why would he come here?


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,323

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgford_71 View Post
    It will be nonsense.
    Anyway, as it stands we are less appealing than Sheff Utd. They look good for promotion, on a good cup run and in the semi final of the other cup. They have no umbongo and the owners show more loyalty to their managers.

    Why would he come here?
    Nottingham babe ratio


  6. #5
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    47,835

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Think what you will of young cloughy but no way would he discuss a job that Pearce is currently sat in.


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,409

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    He should only be discussed if we're planning to link him up alongside Pearce in a joint management role.

    What's the point in replacing like-for-like?


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    667

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Pearce n Clough Red and White Army.


  9. #8
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    24,798

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Come to Forest, Nige. You better turn it around in six months though or you'll be out on your earhole youth

    He's a slow builder, therefore a complete misfit for the Forest job.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,237

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Won't happen.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands
    Posts
    6,257

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    I have been sitting with a Blades fan at work today. He is convinced that Forest have been tapping Clough up for weeks. But I think it's just paranoia.

    They are too close. Clough wouldn't stab Pearce in the back.


  12. #11

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    He was Fawaz's ice bucket challenge nominee. We seem to have been trying to make friends. So it's not impossible that Fawaz my like the idea.

    But as posted above he surely would never replace Pearce. And he appears to have more to look forward to this season with Sheffield United than anybody does have at Forest. One day it'll happen, not this year.


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wokingham/London
    Posts
    7,492

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    No thanks


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    460

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Rather than NC replacing SP, if Fawaz keeps them both then it could be the perfect combination.

    • SP buys good players and is fairly media savvy, but perhaps lacks the tactical and coaching ability needed to get us promoted?
    • NC only knows how to buy non-league cloggers but if he can get them playing to a Championship standard as he did with Derby, then imagine what he could do with ours. He also kneed Billy in the back of the leg once, so Fawaz probably likes him already.

    Don't think SP would move up to DOF but Fawaz putting him in that role and NC as manager would keep most of the fans on side and would be highly beneficial to the team IMO.


  15. #14
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    19,100

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    I think I have finally cracked the Fawaz strategy for success:
    1 He has been told that when a new manager is appointed, then in most cases there is an instant 3 or 4 match upturn in results.
    2 He has Clough, Sherwood, Keane and Petrescu all on sequential 5 match contracts.
    3 So that is 20 games, 5 under each, at 3 points per game = 60 points.
    4 Add that to the 31 we already have and we are in the top 2.
    Simples


  16. #15
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    35,755

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Fawaz asked the question last season.

    I read that somewhere.

    Stand Firm And Strike Hard

  17. #16

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Pearce + Clough would be good, but that'd make it two Forest legends Fawaz can't sack and he's already struggling with his evil trigger finger hand.




  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Police State Uk
    Posts
    467

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    If he comes the season tickets going in the bin....He's a weasley little man


  19. #18

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by jimthemod View Post
    If he comes the season tickets going in the bin....He's a weasley little man

    I'm with you Jim, he said far too much when he was at Derby, as they all do he knows the rules.


  20. #19
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    35,755

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    I'd trade every memory of every goal he scored for Forest for three points against his team next time we play them.


  21. #20
    Hello
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    1,860

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    This definitely isn't going to happen


  22. #21

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Even at the time when kneed Billy up the arse I thought it was funny. It seemed somewhat unfair that I was supposed to be on Billy's side there. Even when getting results Davies always came across as the kind of guy you might try to knee up the arse in a melee.


  23. #22

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Like hitting Ferguson in the face with pizza. Silly, but still worth it.


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    16,602

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by alex164 View Post
    You know when people post that they've heard something from a decent source (sauce) and they "can't say who..." you rightly get suspicious...
    *stops reading*


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands
    Posts
    6,257

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by Forest_1865 View Post
    Rather than NC replacing SP, if Fawaz keeps them both then it could be the perfect combination.

    • SP buys good players and is fairly media savvy, but perhaps lacks the tactical and coaching ability needed to get us promoted?
    • NC only knows how to buy non-league cloggers but if he can get them playing to a Championship standard as he did with Derby, then imagine what he could do with ours. He also kneed Billy in the back of the leg once, so Fawaz probably likes him already.

    Don't think SP would move up to DOF but Fawaz putting him in that role and NC as manager would keep most of the fans on side and would be highly beneficial to the team IMO.
    I think its an excellent idea but I was told I knew nowt when I suggested it a couple of weeks ago.


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands
    Posts
    6,257

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Even at the time when kneed Billy up the arse I thought it was funny. It seemed somewhat unfair that I was supposed to be on Billy's side there. Even when getting results Davies always came across as the kind of guy you might try to knee up the arse in a melee.
    When he pole axed Paul Stewart from behind he bought my eternal admiration. No matter what he did or said at Derby I cant help but like daddy's girl.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •