Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 2713

Thread: Nigel Clough

Default Re: Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    Why are people honestly worried about Gary Brazil being in charge? We've played better in the last few games than we have for most of the season. Win tomorrow and we could go up to 16th.
    I'm worried that Fawaz will fuck the academy up next with Brazil distracted with the first team.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

we need a miracle

i dont see how we are going to survive

Where's me hammer?

Somewhere in London a pair of running trainers have been flung across a room narrowly missing a blow up tree from Wembley 89.

Gutted tbh. But I don't blame him for not coming under the current circumstances.

The Foam Hand

There are other 'candidates' to interview, according to Fawaz.

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    I'm worried that Fawaz will fuck the academy up next with Brazil distracted with the first team.
    They already being tested for numbers.

So......Back to talking about Billy!

Oh dear.
    I don't know how it's gonna happen but Fawaz has to go.
    We are a sinking ship with Homer Simpson at the wheel.
    I really am worried about where this will end. I don't blame Clough but what an indictment of our club that he's chosen to stay at Burton.
    We really are a joke and our name is mud.
    I feel gutted for Gary Brazil.
    Tomorrow's 6 pointer is gonna be venomous.
    No wonder Fawaz hasn't been to a game since September.
    Gotta let him n Hassan have it from now until they fuck off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Like Ivan Vukomanovic and Dan Petrescu ?

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by QUARKSOUP View Post
    Fawaz has landed himself in a very difficult situation now. After Heckingbottom and Clough, surely no self respecting manager will take it unless they are content to be painted as a weakly principled, short-termist yes man. Only option is Brazil who will see it as public service (to the club, players and fans rather than the owner).
    Errrm.....

......th.....

account deleted

You mean this lot?

I'm awaiting the call as I'm more qualified to manage the team than Fawaz is to run the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    The thing is, I'm sure Fawaz does actually believe that he's going to put a structure in place and leave well alone. And he'll believe it right up until that moment six months down the line when the hamster wheel in his mind starts turning the other way and the self-destruct button is pushed.

He doesn't seem to realise that you can't be an owner of such a large concern if you have a trigger happy personality that can't leave decisions to those you've appointed to make them.

He's like Homer Simpson sat at the controls of the nuclear power plant - as long as the buttons are there in front of him he just can't help but push them.
    Fawaz may well believe that he's going to put a structure in place but it is also only a matter of time before cash flow (or a lack of it) catches up with him again. That has always been the source of his problems and is the reason why even a last-gasp well-intentioned attempt at a proper club structure will always be doomed under him. Whatever funds he had at the beginning have now been pissed away by his own incompetence (and deluded belief that he can play real-life championship manager with the club), and now (and for a long time) the money simply hasn't been there to run the club professionally with structure. He's perpetually robbing Peter to pay Paul and the funds he gets are drip-fed to him from Kuwait (or whoever else he has arrangements with), which is why there are always late payments and why he sells assets from under the managers' nose - e.g. Burke, Darlow and Lascelles etc.

The money is not there (as Mick McCarthy predicted) but his ego (and perhaps the status of his family) will never allow him to admit it. The sad irony is that if he came out and said I don't have any money left so now we are going to spend the Burke money on improving the academy and every year or so we'll have to sell a product of the youth system or an Antonio type to keep going, but we'll be a well-structured and stable club on and off the pitch - I think most fans would be take it, but he's fundamentally incapable of doing that and doesn't realise (or care) that for most of us the club means a lot more than the promise of flashy signings and a mad dash to the Premier League.

Nigel probably won't get another chance to manage Forest (dream job and all that) but making the decision he did I think it may just be another chip in the armour for Fawaz and in doing so another big decision made by a Clough in our history.

I think we all know that Clough – like psycho – would not have felt his managerial career was complete unless he had had a spell at Forest. For him to look at the situation now and reject the chance to come in and be our potential savour says everything about how the club is viewed. All other managers will think if someone like Nigel Clough with his deep, deep association with the club won't take it on then why on Earth should we? Our public image has simply never been worse.....
    Crazy optimist that I was, I was looking forward on Saturday to welcoming Nigel and then doing a protest. Now we don't have to worry about upsetting Nigel on his debut we can just protest, protest, protest.
    I truly hope Nigel's time at the city ground will come and much as I would've loved to seen him join us now I fully respect him and his decision and fear only for this great club his father did so much for.
    Good luck Nigel. I think your dad would have approved of your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Baxter View Post
    Fawaz says Nige wanted a say in player recruitment and that is not acceptable..and Fawaz still cant see why he said no thanks.
    You are pulling my plonker? Really?

Not that type of player

Not a huge surprise after listening to FAH's interview earlier. You only have to hear Fawaz talk for a few minutes to realise he's still arrogantly blaming others for his mistakes. Nigel is no mug and would have seen through his lies pretty quickly.

No one worth having would be interested in joining this tinpot circus.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Forum Tactician

Not anymore:

Steve Kean : Brunei > Nottingham Forest

Brian Laws : Radio Nottingham > Nottingham Forest

Billy Davies : Fuck all > Nottingham Forest

I think it shows a lack of ambition from Nigel, playing it safe staying at Burton, this might have been the only chance he has to manage Forest.
    Probably scared he would fail.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Was it you that reeled off GB's stats in charge of first teams ?

Gives you shivers.
    It's pretty scary, but we've got to pray he can pull something out the bag here

Personally I don't think he can with Fawaz hanging around with his farcical approach to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubleywood Forest red View Post
    I think it shows a lack of ambition from Nigel, playing it safe staying at Burton, this might have been the only chance he has to manage Forest.
    Not scared, he was probably very confident he would fail because Fawaz has made it impossible for any manager to succeed.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

What's worrying is that Fawaz doesn't realise NC turned us down because he (Fawaz) is such a thick, useless Twat

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Stubleywood Forest red View Post
    Of course he would fail here. Staying at a well run club like Burton shows more ambition than taking time out from his career to help a down and out charity case like NFFC.

Last edited by Ravi; 30-01-17 at 18:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Somewhere in London a pair of running trainers have been flung across a room narrowly missing a blow up tree from Wembley 89.
    I tried to warn him.

Quote Originally Posted by alfordred View Post
    So......Back to talking about Billy!
    Nothing remotely funny about that. You've woken the Billy-bore up.

I've never wanted Nigel Clough as our manager but I would welcome him with open arms now for not allowing himself to be played by Clown-tabs.