Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109 LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 2713

Thread: Nigel Clough

  1. #2676
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,054

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Don't know why we're even debating this
    I can only think of one reason as to why, but a poster resurrected it in the immediate aftermath of the Arsenal result.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2677
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,871

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    I've put this photo up so that the previous one doesn't pop up as the thread image every time I come on because in all honesty it makes me recoil. This one of pob looks like him but doesn't make me get sick in my own face.

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

    Last edited by Notcher; 27-09-19 at 14:04.

  4. #2678
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    83,027

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    I've put this photo up so that the previous one doesn't pop up as the thread image every time I come on because in all honesty it makes me recoil. This one of pob looks like But doesn't make me get sick in my own face.

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk
    That’s the kind of community spirit that makes LTLF great.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  5. #2679
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,871

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    .


  6. #2680
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,743

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    No ex-players please. Too much sentiment. Nige was great as a player and seems to be a good fit at Burton. If he wasn't happy there, he wouldn't be there.
    Leave him be. I was at the game at Old Trafford where Nige rose at the back post to head the winner. I can't remember Alex Ferguson doing anything similar against Forest. Just saying.


  7. #2681
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Not sure. Cell window too high.
    Posts
    3,077

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Don't know why we're even debating this
    Boredom due to lack of defeats probably.


    A Watson hat-trick in a 3-0 defeat tonight would dispel this type of crap.

    Chuck in a Dawson sending off and Grabban achilles tendon as well and we would safely avoid anything other than good ol' doom and gloom for at least a couple of weeks.


  8. #2682
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Not sure. Cell window too high.
    Posts
    3,077

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    .
    !


  9. #2683
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    41,722

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    ?
    /


  10. #2684
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Not sure. Cell window too high.
    Posts
    3,077

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    #
    ~


  11. #2685
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,054

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    It's a culture change we need and I think Nigel's got the right credentials to do that at some time in the future imo.
    Serious question Ray. I'm genuinely intrigued as to what you mean by culture change, and why Clough is the one to fullfil this task?


  12. #2686
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    17,409

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Serious question Ray. I'm genuinely intrigued as to what you mean by culture change, and why Clough is the one to fullfil this task?
    I think its quite simple Oats, previous managers have tried to impliment their man management skills and have failed, it's a hard job balancing discipine with appeasement of these young modern players.

    Just my opinion that Nigel can get a togetherness of mentality to last more than a quarter of a season.

    Player negative and sometimes petulant influence has to be arrested, its so difficult but I personally think the club will not go anywhere until this monkey's off our backs.

    Wouldn't surprise me one iota if Grabban goes on a tantrum soon, he holds all the cards, Nigel wouldn't have that scenario IMO. He'd still be sacked but would do alot of mental good at this stagnant club.


  13. #2687
    account deleted
    Guest

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    I prefer Cligel Nuff


  14. #2688
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Outer SF region
    Posts
    16,762

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Knew it


  15. #2689
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    917

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Player negative and sometimes petulant influence has to be arrested, its so difficult but I personally think the club will not go anywhere until this monkey's off our backs.

    Wouldn't surprise me one iota if Grabban goes on a tantrum soon, he holds all the cards, Nigel wouldn't have that scenario IMO. He'd still be sacked but would do alot of mental good at this stagnant club.
    The players hold the cards at nearly, if not, all clubs. Club legends as managers don't make a bit of difference, otherwise our returning heroes earlier in the year would have sorted them out.

    What has Clough ever done as a manager to suggest that he knows how to bring the best out of, or remove, such challenging (and highly paid) players? His spell at the Sheep coincided with them not paying much for players.


  16. #2690
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    STH NORMANTON
    Posts
    3,982

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    The players hold the cards at nearly, if not, all clubs. Club legends as managers don't make a bit of difference, otherwise our returning heroes earlier in the year would have sorted them out.

    What has Clough ever done as a manager to suggest that he knows how to bring the best out of, or remove, such challenging (and highly paid) players? His spell at the Sheep coincided with them not paying much for players.
    He's outwitted managers with squads that have cost gazillions more than his


  17. #2691
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,054

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    I think its quite simple Oats, previous managers have tried to impliment their man management skills and have failed, it's a hard job balancing discipine with appeasement of these young modern players.

    Just my opinion that Nigel can get a togetherness of mentality to last more than a quarter of a season.

    Player negative and sometimes petulant influence has to be arrested, its so difficult but I personally think the club will not go anywhere until this monkey's off our backs.

    Wouldn't surprise me one iota if Grabban goes on a tantrum soon, he holds all the cards, Nigel wouldn't have that scenario IMO. He'd still be sacked but would do alot of mental good at this stagnant club.
    Thanks for the reply Ray.


  18. #2692
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    25,980

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    No ex-players please. Too much sentiment. Nige was great as a player and seems to be a good fit at Burton. If he wasn't happy there, he wouldn't be there.
    Leave him be. I was at the game at Old Trafford where Nige rose at the back post to head the winner. I can't remember Alex Ferguson doing anything similar against Forest. Just saying.
    That was the game we won 3-2 wasn’t it? Colin Walsh scored as well with a shot that went in off the post.


  19. #2693
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,054

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    He's outwitted managers with squads that have cost gazillions more than his
    Would you be happy to see him replace Lamouchi at this point though Phil, which I think is what 'Taylor 82', who started this off again, was implying should happen?


  20. #2694
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    917

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    He's outwitted managers with squads that have cost gazillions more than his
    This is true. So we know he can energise and motivate limited players on occasions. Why can't he motivate them to beat the teams in their Division? Could he work his magic on our players with the weight of expectation they have? The scenarios are very different, he seems to thrive as an underdog.


  21. #2695
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    37,099

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    If he’s as good as some make out he wouldn’t be managing a club in the third division at his age.

    His highest profile job was for a Championship club who he helped avoid the drop whilst they reduced the wage bill. As soon as they were ready to push on again and go for promotion they sacked him and brought in someone else.

    Barry nailed it earlier in the thread. If he ever becomes our manager then that means things have gone very badly for us from this point on.

    Stand Firm And Strike Hard

  22. #2696

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Things have already gone very badly for us. And stayed badly for twenty years.


  23. #2697
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    83,027

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Loved him as a player, never want to see him managing the club, because the abuse he’d get would destroy that respect I have for him.

    Always makes my all-time Forest XI anyway,


  24. #2698
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    STH NORMANTON
    Posts
    3,982

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Would you be happy to see him replace Lamouchi at this point though Phil, which I think is what 'Taylor 82', who started this off again, was implying should happen?
    I don't want any more legends within a fucking hundred miles of the management job here.
    Merely pointing out Nigel isn't the inferior manager some are suggesting he is


  25. #2699
    account deleted
    Guest

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Not a patch on Steve Evans though is he?


  26. #2700
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,054

    Default Re: Nigel Clough

    Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    I don't want any more legends within a fucking hundred miles of the management job here.
    Merely pointing out Nigel isn't the inferior manager some are suggesting he is
    As you know Phil, I judge managers on their merits, irrespective of whether or not they played for us (and we've had a few of those). I take your well-put point though.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •