Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Relegation Concerns

Default Re: Relegation Concerns

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    I wasn't that concerned about relegation, but now we have appointed Freedman I have pretty much accepted it is very likely.
    The stats show 2% of teams get relegated having amassed 34 points in 27 games so its going to take monumental incompetence to make that happen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    I am not looking now, I've lost a bit of interest tonight. But do you honestly think in 35 years no other clubs have started very well and then slide for twenty games? There will definitely be some.
    Usually clubs who have no fight, no guile, no idea, no game plan, no defensively ability and no striking threat are relegated. We are currently that team.

Mostly the league table starts to settle after ten games. We were riding high after ten games, but since then we've been on par with the likes of Blackpool who are certs for relegation.

It doesn't surprise me that only two clubs in thirty five years have been relegated despite being in the top half after 28 games, but I think anyone who has been to Forest regularly over the past four months cannot seriously say with any confidence that we wouldn't go down.

I initially thought we'd already amassed enough points to keep us safe, but that was in the assumption we'd win six games until the end of the season. We've been getting worse, Millwall game was as bad as anything Meggo or Cotterill put before us, and winning six when we'd only won 2 from 20 was starting to look like a monumental effort rather than something we'd just arrive at.

Yes, I was getting very, very worried about going down.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

The new manager bounce alone will be enough to put the relegation concerns at rest within a month. Players pull their fingers out of their backsides for a few games for a new manager. Then folk will get excited about a play off push, before we level out and settle for the promotion push next season....which wont materialize...fans will demand somebody better...Fawaz will pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    Usually clubs who have no fight, no guile, no idea, no game plan, no defensively ability and no striking threat are relegated. We are currently that team.

Mostly the league table starts to settle after ten games. We were riding high after ten games, but since then we've been on par with the likes of Blackpool who are certs for relegation.

It doesn't surprise me that only two clubs in thirty five years have been relegated despite being in the top half after 28 games, but I think anyone who has been to Forest regularly over the past four months cannot seriously say with any confidence that we wouldn't go down.

I initially thought we'd already amassed enough points to keep us safe, but that was in the assumption we'd win six games until the end of the season. We've been getting worse, Millwall game was as bad as anything Meggo or Cotterill put before us, and winning six when we'd only won 2 from 20 was starting to look like a monumental effort rather than something we'd just arrive at.

Yes, I was getting very, very worried about going down.
    Cotterill came in when we were 23rd. He took 17 points in his first 20 games. Nobody going regularly then would say Forest had a chance. Cotterill didn't even have the first seven game's points cushion that Pearce had.

These runs happen all the time in this division. Unless a team is clearly out of its depth like Blackpool is this season, they don't last forever. Wigan fans will tell you they're doomed, their recent form is worst than ours. A Millwall fan told me last night they're no hope. Both will have something of a run before the end of the season. Whether it will be enough from their respective positions is debatable.

For Forest with their current position as it is, it would have been. A purple patch would have just about done it. There isn't much between the bulk of the teams in this division. Awful runs end with good runs, great runs end with bad runs, bottom teams win at top team, winless teams win at unbeaten teams and everybody floats to the middle. The performance I saw in the second half at Fulham was good. That wasn't a side that was going to become a freak relegation from the top half of the table in early February, despite the result that night. Same for the second half at Derby. The performance you saw yesterday was one by players who already knew the identity of their next manager.

I expected the season to end something like it did under Cotterill, only given we were top half, safety would pretty much be secured by early March. We'll never know how Forest would have done, so its irrelevant now.

It's all about mid-table...

Very sad day yesterday.

I know Francis thought relegation was impossible but I tend to agree with Robbie. Forest should get a little honeymoon period now with a new manager and amass the vital points to keep us safe. Then, knowing us we'll probably go on another wretched run to the end of the season and replace the manager again, and so the circus goes on...

NINE managers in four years.

Going down. Fans will say it's mathematically impossible, but can we risk it?

Left Winger

Going down. Fans will say it's mathematically impossible, but can we risk it?
    It's alright Francis, even Forest can't fuck it up from here.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Very sad day yesterday.

I know Francis thought relegation was impossible but I tend to agree with Robbie. Forest should get a little honeymoon period now with a new manager and amass the vital points to keep us safe. Then, knowing us we'll probably go on another wretched run to the end of the season and replace the manager again, and so the circus goes on...

NINE managers in four years.
    This actually could happen

Good news everyone!

They said we were just weird to think Dougie saved us from relegation despite the team doing worse after he came in. How could that be, they said? These Forest fans are crazy.

Well, they were wrong. We are normal human beings with fully functioning minds...

Quote Originally Posted by Time Magazine
    The pareidolia phenomenon is actually a deeply rooted one, something that helps infants focus on faces early and also allowed humans in the wild to spot danger easily—picking a potentially menacing human or animal peering out from a backdrop of leaves or scrub. Yes, more often than not it’s a false alarm, but better to overreact fifty times than under-react even once.
    We're evolved. We will survive, when our tormentors are finally eaten by giant Martian crabs.

http://time.com/3982146/mars-crab-monster/

As soon as we were safe and top six was unrealistic, the lads took their foot off the gas. Human nature

It's in the owner's nature to fire, fans nature to overreact, players nature to take their foot off the gas. We should be live on the Discovery Channel.

Anyone with relegation concerns obviously thinks that our manager is not the man for the job. Given the right tactics and motivation our squad is perfectly capable of a high finish in this league, maybe not automatic promotion and maybe not even playoffs, but easily able to finish top half.

I have no relegation concerns.

Devils favourite advocate

We wont go down, we wont go up. Waste of a season

Looking Hairy

Yep, a season of balance I think. The books and the team. I'm happy to go through this, a dull season with the kids coming through and make a real push in 2016.

Really liking what i've seen from Freedman too. Think he's got potential long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    We wont go down, we wont go up. Waste of a season
    Like most teams in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand View Post
    Like most teams in the division.
    True, nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    True, nothing to see here
    Let's all just pack it in and watch dominoes.

Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand View Post
    Let's all just pack it in and watch dominoes.
    Rather play than watch if im honest

It's in the owner's nature to fire, fans nature to overreact, players nature to take their foot off the gas. We should be live on the Discovery Channel.
    STill talking about pearce?

with the exception of last season you don't need a great season to finish top 6

its perfectly possible for us to finish in the top 6. Know one would of thought Ipswich or Brentford were going to do it

No fears of relegation at all

Ipswich have barnsley mick, they will always be in or around as he knows his onions. Makes his teams hard to beat.

Not that type of player

"Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst, and unsurprised by anything in between." ~ Maya Angelou

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Bump ?