Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ticket Office Rip-Off?

Looking Hairy

Default Ticket Office Rip-Off?

Just trying to buy Hudds tickets on the new fangled online ticket system and it's added a few things on. Firstly it was 'carriage fees' of a quid and now a 'websales fees' of the same. What are these charges? I've bought them on the phone before and never encountered a fee to my knowledge. Why is it that the cheaper non-staffed method of purchase has generic charges on top?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Ticket Office Rip-Off?

I tried for the best part of an hour last week on the phone. Actually got through at point being dumped back in the queue. Eventually I got a ticket online and noticed those fees added on. Nice touch.

Still I bought three for WHL through Spurs and the fees came to about £12.

It's been a £1 booking fee per ticket purchased + £1 postage. 4 tickets will have £4 + £1 in fees added to the cost of the actual tickets. Nothing new at all lads....

Looking Hairy

Quote Originally Posted by ForestinLancs View Post
    It's been a £1 booking fee per ticket purchased + £1 postage. 4 tickets will have £4 + £1 in fees added to the cost of the actual tickets. Nothing new at all lads....
    I've bought three away tickets this year and not paid a penny...

The price of the ticket should be the price of the ticket, it always sticks in my throat when they charge me to buy the tickets.

Have a word with that new fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin's Local View Post
    Online booking office purchases? Nah not unless you've a Golden Ticket - what a "lucky" lad!

Ah, not been watching here much for a few weeks and now quickly see what you are! WUM, Liar and Sheep. Ah well they're you go ROFLOL.

Looking Hairy

Online booking office purchases? Nah not unless you've a Golden Ticket - what a "lucky" lad!
    Telephone booking office purchases. Why should it cost more online? It just doesn't make sense.

Ah, not been watching here much for a few weeks and now quickly see what you are! WUM, Liar and Sheep. Ah well they're you go ROFLOL.
    ...what?

Telephone booking office purchases. Why should it cost more online? It just doesn't make sense.
    It's a simple fact - proving you have never ever purchased a Forest ticket Home or Away in recent years. Three away tickets this year is total crap. Simples.

...what?
    5 seconds here at http://www.forestforum.co.uk/search.php?searchid=200952 and it's very clear. Amazing mods we "don't" have though with so many posts in such a short time with so much sh*t is unbelievable really. Playing with Flags maybe ;o)

You will be banned or I will be for the following abuse. Fuck Off you Dierby shite, Liar and Total Twat!

Clear enough?

Looking Hairy

It's a simple fact - proving you have never ever purchased a Forest ticket Home or Away in recent years. Three away tickets this year is total crap. Simples.

5 seconds here at http://www.forestforum.co.uk/search.php?searchid=200952 and it's very clear. Amazing mods we "don't" have though with so many posts in such a short time with so much sh*t is unbelievable really. Playing with Flags maybe ;o)

You will be banned or I will be for the following abuse. Fuck Off you Dierby shite, Liar and Total Twat!

Clear enough?
    Are you drunk? What a bemusing outburst.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0442.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	8661Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0511.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	8662

There's a couple of photos from my seats at two of the games. I don't know if Derby have played at Wigan yet, but they sure as hell haven't been to Tranmere. I don't even know what point you're trying to make here, that second paragraph is just a complete mess.

Last edited by Kelvin's Local; 19-10-14 at 03:27.

Victor Meldrew

Thread of loathsome toads.

Always been critical of the ticketing online at Forest. Whether you buy 1 or 10 online, there is an admin fee of £1 per ticket, so I will back FiL on this one. It's not new. It's a booking fee of £1.00 per ticket when booked online. 99% of the time, I collect from the ticket window, and I resent paying this, as I cannot just "nip down" to the ticket office and buy. I can understand paying a fee, but a triple fee for ONE transaction?

For the record, it's a £1 booking fee, per ticket, whether it's a home or away game, when booked online, whether collected or not. Postage out is extra and is ridiculously marked up.

No wonder the queues at the ticket office are so high. False economy from Forest IMO.

That's the thing. Via 'phone is no charge except postage, if req'd. Online attracts a £1 per ticket charge. It does not make sense. I appreciate that the website has to be maintained, but surely having staff man the 'phones costs more? Surely it is more cost effective for Forest to have people book online, in which case WHY penalise folks for doing this?

Clear enough?

FiL, telephone booking is different. I don't mean to undermine you, having met you I know you are genuine. You and I, being out of the area tend to rely on the web based booking system, with the associated charges, unfortunately. I too have been subject to the "max 25 callers in the queue" message too often, and have given up and paid the extra! As I have said, telephone booking is not subject to the £1, which just seems nuts. So yes, I see your POV and also that of Kelvin's Local.

I booked a Millwall ticket and coach travel ticket online and they sent them out in two letters charging me £2 postage, so one ticket cost me £3 extra for booking online and then they had a whip round on the bus for the driver! Well he did knock the back light off leaving The Den so it may have to cover the cost of a new light..

Have any of you moaners ever booked a ticket for something else online? I regularly go to rock concerts and whether I can pick the tickets up or not there is ALWAYS at least a £4.50 booking fee per ticket and sometimes a handling/postage fee. You should get out more - £1 for the processing of something that's charged far more elsewhere PER ticket and that's too much? Piss takers! If it was a pound more per pint in any ground you go to - and it usually is - do you complain or buy? Bar's always packed so I see the answers myself. Get real.

The O2 Arena had the same processing fee (Think it was £4) to either have your tickets posted or you could print at home. £4 to print at home!!!!!

Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

It's a scam. Charging you money to give them money but Forest are no different from anywhere else.

winnits

I imagine the online ticketing is fulfilled by a third party and that's their cut. Fairly standard practice.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Booking fees are different, at least at concerts and the like. Iirc the booking fee is how much the venue charge you and the ticket price goes to the act.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

#FindElaine

Quote Originally Posted by Hand ShAndy! View Post
    Booking fees are different, at least at concerts and the like. Iirc the booking fee is how much the venue charge you and the ticket price goes to the act.
    Correct. Lee has done a deal with the arena so there isn't a booking fee added to pickets purchased from the venue.

When I say a deal - he's paying their booking fee out his own pocket so there's no increase in ticket prices for his punters!

The little man looking after the little man - Simon Cowel looks after himself!

Please donate to my #MPCC14 JustGiving page @ Justgiving.com/FindElaine

Looking Hairy

Far from the worst admittedly. I bought tickets online for the Panthers, downloaded the form and printed it out to save them as much in costs as possible - still paid a £2 fee.

As someone said, it's paying to pay. I don't get it and I dont agree with it.

Looking Hairy

Quote Originally Posted by B1G1F View Post
    Have any of you moaners ever booked a ticket for something else online? I regularly go to rock concerts and whether I can pick the tickets up or not there is ALWAYS at least a £4.50 booking fee per ticket and sometimes a handling/postage fee. You should get out more - £1 for the processing of something that's charged far more elsewhere PER ticket and that's too much? Piss takers! If it was a pound more per pint in any ground you go to - and it usually is - do you complain or buy? Bar's always packed so I see the answers myself. Get real.
    So because other places rip you off more, we should be grateful that Forest only do it a little bit?