Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61

Thread: Missing

      
  1. #1
    Looking Hairy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Missing



    Missing. Last seen signing a contract in West Bridgford. Owners are concerned.

    And yes, i hope this is a jinx!


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    16,602

    Default Re: Missing

    Insert criticism here. I can't even be arsed.


  4. #3
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38,950

    Default Re: Missing

    1) Billy Davies gets a player who has previously underperformed playing outstandingly;

    2) Poster calls for said manager to be sacked constantly;

    3) Poster then turns on player who was previously outstanding for underperforming again without the slightest realization he got exactly what he asked for.

    Jesus wept.


  5. #4
    Looking Hairy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Missing

    4) Alf brings up Billy Davies in an unrelated thread again.

    Stop de-railing things. Your boy got sacked, get over it.


  6. #5
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38,950

    Default Re: Missing

    Sorry chap, just trying to educate you on the principles of cause and effect. If you get rid of the man who gets the best out of someone, there's no guarentee you'll get that again.

    Simply put you've got what you asked for with Lansbury.

    And Paterson for that matter.


  7. #6
    Looking Hairy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Missing

    You're going back on the ignore list, you say absolutely nothing of note.


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,670

    Default Re: Missing

    I think we've overrated Lansbury for a while. He wasn't that great last season I didn't think. Vaughan looked much better when he came on


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    24,546

    Default Re: Missing

    Lansbury has never been outstanding and I would rather we had a half fit Chris Cohen playing in his place.


  10. #9
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38,950

    Default Re: Missing

    7 goals from 27 appearances under Davies as primarly a defensive midfieldfer is fairly outstanding in my book.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin's Local View Post
    You're going back on the ignore list, you say absolutely nothing of note.
    Keep that head in the sand. "My ball, I'm going home"


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    15,488

    Default Re: Missing

    He played so well under Davies because Davies packs out midfielders and plays narrow. If you play with width it gives midfielders less time on the ball and more ground to cover.


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Shakey Wakey/Leeds Border
    Posts
    16,947

    Default Re: Missing

    Well I only hope the team play a blinder while he is band, That may give him a kick up the arse and stop him getting his place back for a while.


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    16,602

    Default Re: Missing

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    1) Billy Davies gets a player who has previously underperformed playing outstandingly;

    2) Poster calls for said manager to be sacked constantly;

    3) Poster then turns on player who was previously outstanding for underperforming again without the slightest realization he got exactly what he asked for.

    Jesus wept.
    Motivational managers squeeze an extra 5-10% out of players that are already performing. They aren't a 'night and day' difference, which is what we're seeing with Lansbury. From what we've read the dressing room is behind Pearce anyway, so I'm not sure why you're bringing this up again


  14. #13
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38,950

    Default Re: Missing

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    He played so well under Davies because Davies packs out midfielders and plays narrow. If you play with width it gives midfielders less time on the ball and more ground to cover.
    He put in FAR more last year. Some games he was fricking everywhere.


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    24,546

    Default Re: Missing

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    7 goals from 27 appearances under Davies as primarly a defensive midfieldfer is fairly outstanding in my book.
    Defensive midfielders don't get up and around the opposition's box.


  16. #15
    Best served cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cliftonia
    Posts
    24,589

    Default Re: Missing

    I thought Lansbury was really good for us in the last two seasons. I don't think it was down to Davies, he is just a very talented footballer.

    This season though he has been terrible, and we looked better without him. If he would just stop chipping the ball every time he gets it, and just hang on to it - that would be a start.

    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

  17. #16
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38,950

    Default Re: Missing

    Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    I thought Lansbury was really good for us in the last two seasons. I don't think it was down to Davies, he is just a very talented footballer.

    This season though he has been terrible, and we looked better without him. If he would just stop chipping the ball every time he gets it, and just hang on to it - that would be a start.
    He was hit and miss under SOD for me, but came into his own back end of the season post-Mcliesh.

    Reid, Raddy & Lansbury were playing some great stuff in the centre.

    Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Defensive midfielders don't get up and around the opposition's box.
    That's my point, Lansbury did as he played fairly deep last year under Davies. At one point he was our main DM.


  18. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,322

    Default Re: Missing

    Fuck this guy


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    16,602

    Default Re: Missing

    He wanted to leave, but we offered him more money. He's probably had a moment of divine clarity and realised that money isn't everything. He's clearly not happy


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: Missing

    Telling that when his trademark hopeless sliding tackle and card occurred, I just sort of nodded. Oh well, we're at that point in the game, are we? OK then.

    Glad he's sitting the next one out. When Vaughan came on we went from nothing in the middle of the pitch to something.


  21. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In a tophat.
    Posts
    13,950

    Default Re: Missing

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    Sorry chap, just trying to educate you on the principles of cause and effect. If you get rid of the man who gets the best out of someone, there's no guarentee you'll get that again.

    Simply put you've got what you asked for with Lansbury.

    And Paterson for that matter.
    You need a lesson in the correlation fallacy.


  22. #21
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38,950

    Default Re: Missing

    Quote Originally Posted by psychoDrama View Post
    You need a lesson in the correlation fallacy.
    Correlation does not imply causation?

    I don't see how anyone can't see how Davies played players to their strengths and got the best from them. Lansbury, Paterson, McGugan, Chambers etc. they never seem to repeat their good form under several other managers.

    I'm not sayin his way is the only way, I'm just saying accept the fact that players who performed less before Davies arrived may now perform a bit poorer again. It's questionable whether Davies would have ever signed a striker like Britt (although the 5-8m does help, and he did try to sign Fryatt, but anyway...), so every manager has his good & bad points, but this amazingly bizare stance some have where they try to discount the good stuff he did - and thus may struggle to repeat - is unreal.

    Look at the side we fielded against Burnley last year - Raddy, Mackie, Cox - we ran rings round them, yet half the fans wouldn't have those players here. they would have Lansbury here, but not the manager who got him playing so well

    Crackers.

    Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 18-10-14 at 15:30.

  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,670

    Default Re: Missing

    Maybe like everyone else he just doesn't play as well without Reid?


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,670

    Default Re: Missing

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    7 goals from 27 appearances under Davies as primarly a defensive midfieldfer is fairly outstanding in my book.



    Keep that head in the sand. "My ball, I'm going home"
    Most of those goals were penalties


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,062

    Default Re: Missing

    we'll see what the Watford game brings with Vaughen in midfield from the start, we certainly gave the midfield up enough for them to get 2 goals


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,830

    Default Re: Missing

    Fucking hell Alf when are you ever going to stop going on about Davies? It is beyond boring now.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •