Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Matty Cash Appreciation Thread

Default Re: Matty Cash Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Thats the smile of a chap who knows hes got a legitimate reason not to go to work for a bit.

Was mint when one arm had finally healed enough to wank!

ďAll the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.Ē

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Knew straight away it was bad, swelled up instantly and felt like it was on fire
    This is what I tell people when they ask what a broken bone or dislocation feels like. I can't describe it any other way.

There's just immense heat that goes through the part of your body and throbbing pain that gets worse the longer it goes on. It makes you feel a bit sick to think back on it, I know what you mean.

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Barry I did my ACL and had to drive myself home as well, then got a lift to hospital. In my case, I tried to turn left but my foot stuck in the ground and didn't turn whilst my knee did and buckled. Knew straight away it was bad, swelled up instantly and felt like it was on fire. Makes me cringe just thinking about it. Never had any surgery either but doesn't give me any bother just yet, I can do everything except strenuous sporting activies.

Seems knee injuries are very common, but professionals are much more likely to recover nowadays such is the advancement of surgery. Makes you think, players like Ronaldo and Owen had lots of knee problems but never got over them.
    I didnt twist or anything i just stopped running and mine went. Mine made a popping sound and i thought id dislocated it. Due to my mate dislocating his knee i knew what one looked like and mine was still where it was supposed to be.

I knew it was bad as the burning sensation wouldnt stop.

The lads i was with didnt believe me when i told them afterwards what id done as id drove them home.

What did they do at A n E? I was told id set back my recovery by not going but i couldnt really understand why?

Impressive member

Mary Ellen Moffat - she broke my heart.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Dislocated my wrist playing football in a PE Lesson at school. Was around 12 and went in for a diving tackle but went over the ball and landed on my wrist in a backward angle.

After breaking my leg I knew I'd broke my wrist so just walked up to the PE Teacher with my wrist in my hand and said 'I broke my wrist' . The PE teacher at the time was a rugby guy who I was pretty good mates with as we'd shared injury stories.

The kids were all saying 'No you haven't, why are you laughing?'. The PE Teacher said 'If anyone should know, he should know'. He drove me to hospital himself. X-rays confirmed. Another call to my mum, she was like 'For fuck sake. What, again?' Poor woman, I had to apologise to her when I got older...

PS. I now have a metal plate in my wrist as I damaged the growth plate and the bone started growing out at a weird angle where I couldn't even play video games properly. The doctors had to slice bone off and put metal in. Same thing happened with my ankle. Don't know if anyone else has ever had that?

Last edited by BryanRoy22; 28-07-17 at 11:54.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Mary Ellen Moffat - she broke my heart.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Think you're gonna need a bigger boat...

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Was very lively tonight. There is a lot to like about him as a footballer. His position is not set yet but can offer the squad interesting options.

NEP interview after the game

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...rby-win-737390

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Was very lively tonight. There is a lot to like about him as a footballer. His position is not set yet but can offer the squad interesting options.

NEP interview after the game

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...rby-win-737390
    He was decent in the RWB position during preseason. I wouldnít mind his engine in the midfield either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    He was decent in the RWB position during preseason. I wouldn’t mind his engine in the midfield either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfect for the versatility to the squad. Also we need players who can get from A to B quickly with and without the ball. 1v1 also very good. Made brilliant surges through midfield or like his goal into the box.

Some great bits from his interview. Showing the attitude around the place to work hard. A trait Maranakis and Warbs have stressed. Plus the happiness for other players success. Good environment.

“A win over Derby is a win over Derby – it is always nice to beat them in any game,” said Cash, who had missed the start of the campaign with an ankle injury suffered in pre-season, but has been back in full training for more than a month.

“The most important thing was to get some minutes in my legs. I feel good, it was nice to be part of a good team performance and a good win.

“I have to be patient; I have to wait for my chance. The gaffer picks the team and the squad and we all go by what he says. I am doing things the right way, I just need to train hard and when my chance comes – like tonight – to impress, I have to work hard to take that chance.

“I just need to get fitter and stronger, I need to keep working hard and be ready to take my chance when it comes.”

“I was so happy for Tyler when he scored the other day, because he has waited for his opportunity. I have seen him come up through the youth team and he is a fantastic player,” said Cash.

“It is nice to see him get his chance. He scored two goals and took his chance to impress when it came. It is always nice to see that.”

And Cash was happy to find the back of the net himself, on a night when Gary Brazil’s side performed impressively.

“It was nice to get a goal as well, as I get back into things. That was my second of the season for the under-23 side. I got my last one at the City Ground the other week. So to score at Derby as well was a nice bonus,” he said.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Perfect for the versatility to the squad. Also we need players who can get from A to B quickly with and without the ball. 1v1 also very good. Made brilliant surges through midfield or like his goal into the box.

Some great bits from his interview. Showing the attitude around the place to work hard. A trait Maranakis and Warbs have stressed. Plus the happiness for other players success. Good environment.

Itís amazing really the difference of mood from last year to now, Itís weird feeling relaxed as a forest fan recently lol. I canít wait till he plays, I really like him as player, I feel as if heís a got a big future ahead of him.

Some more from Cash.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...omotion-753918

Nottingham Forest may not shout about it in public – but they are quietly challenging themselves to forge a promotion push this season, says Matty Cash.

The Reds lifted themselves back into touching distance of the Championship play-off places with a thumping win over QPR that lifted optimism levels among supporters again.

But Cash says the mood has always been positive in the dressing room under Mark Warburton, even prior to their recent revival in form.

And he revealed the message has been the same from day one behind the scenes – and that is to believe they have the quality to challenge for a top six finish.

“Do you know what? The atmosphere at the training ground has always been positive, it is not something that has changed recently,” said Cash.

“It is positive every single day. The gaffer wants one thing and one thing only and three points against QPR has helped us towards that.

“We have put in some fantastic performances. We all want to play for the gaffer and everyone is pushing for a starting spot.

“Since I have been here, this has been the best year or so, so far. It is paying off on the pitch, even if it is early days. We are a few points off the play-offs and if we keep pushing with the squad we have got, who knows what is possible.

“The gaffer keeps saying ‘promotion, promotion’ and that is what we are striving for. It is definitely a positive mindset from all the players and the staff at the minute. It is good.

On Saturday we were fantastic and we just have to find the consistency now. We have put in some fantastic performances this season, but now we have the 4-0 win as a reward for one of them.

“Many of the lads can get a little break in now, during the international break, before we return to action against Birmingham.”

Cash says there is a belief in the dressing room Forest can challenge for a top six finish – but there is also a clear understanding they have achieved nothing yet.

“We are not getting too carried away, we are not letting ourselves get too high off the back of one win – and we will not get too down when we do suffer the odd setback,” said Cash, who scored the winner as Forest under-23s won at Derby on Monday evening.

“We will stay in a positive frame of mind and finding that consistency is the next step. We have some quality players in the team and a good blend of young and experienced players.

“We feel as though it is starting to click for us, but we have to keep pushing and see how it goes.”

Cash, 20, has seen his impact hampered this season by a broken ankle suffered in pre-season. But he has been back in full training for some time now and is focused purely on winning his place back in the side.

He says it still feels like an honour to pull on the red shirt, after coming through the Nigel Doughty Academy.

And he believes the fact there are so many young players in the squad who feel exactly the same way is one of the major strengths of a squad that includes many players in their teens and early 20s – many of whom also came through the ranks at the club.

“It is a massive club and if you get your chance to play for Forest, then you have to do your best for the manager and for the club,” said Cash.

“The team spirit is great, we all want to be playing and we all want the club to be doing well. We have a good bond in the team and everyone is pushing in the same direction.

“I have come up through the ranks with a lot of young players in the squad and we have brought others into the club as well.

“To see young players doing well and taking their chance in the side gives all of us motivation to strive for more.

“We do all push each other in training. We all want to make the step up personally and we all want to get Forest into the Premier League.

“It is nice to have that unity; that feeling that everyone here wants to achieve big things with this club.

“It lifts all of us. It is good to have a good squad that all wants the same thing; but also to have that group of young players who all want the same thing; who all want this club to be a success in the future.”

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...le-earn-764163

Matty Cash says he is happy to play in any position for Nottingham Forest – if it helps earn him a first team return.

The 20-year-old product of the Nigel Doughty Academy has endured a frustrating start to the campaign, with a pre-season ankle injury ensuring he is yet to make an appearance for the Reds this season.

Cash had been a positive influence in pre-season, prior to suffering ligament damage against Girona at the City Ground in July.

And, while he had largely been utilised as a box-to-box midfielder since getting his first team chance, Cash had been impressing in a right wing-back role prior to his injury.

Reds boss Mark Warburton has already stated his belief that Cash has "all the attributes" to flourish as a wing-back or even as an out-and-out right-back.

And Cash says he is happy to slot into the side in any area of the pitch, whether that is as competition for Eric Lichaj and Tendayi Darikwa or in his more familiar midfield role.

“I have said it before and I will say it again – I will play in any position for this football club. If I am involved and playing, I am happy. It is a dream come true for me to be playing for Forest,” said Cash

“If the gaffer wants me to play right-back, left-back, central midfield, as a number 10 or as a striker, whatever – I will do it.

“I will always give my best, in whatever position I am asked to play.”

Cash admits it has been a frustrating period for him but, having returned to full training last month – and having produced some encouraging displays in the under-23 side – he hopes he will soon get his opportunity.

“It was frustrating because I had a good pre-season and I had worked hard to get myself into a good place,” he said.

“But that is in the past now, I am back and feeling fitter and stronger every single day and I just have to be patient and ready to take my chance when it comes.”

Too School for Cool

Promotion eh? Cash needs to put his money where his mouth is.