Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 725 of 853

Thread: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

      
  1. #701
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ruddington/Stuttgart
    Posts
    53,846

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Massively let themselves down didnt they?
    It's unusual, as Dortmund are usually a very friendly, if vocal, mob.

    I've been to the Westfalenstadion myself and have never seen anything other than enthusiastic support for BVB.

    But the hatred for Leipzig has turned even the Dortmund fans. It's sad to see.

    "It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #702
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ruddington
    Posts
    14,629

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Reading that article it doesn't seem like it's a new thing. Previous violence against Mainz and Hoffenhiem too.

    Don't think the blame can be pinned on RB here.

    #propersignature #iwontflouncelikesam #andyformod


  4. #703
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    5,693

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Meanwhile in Germany, Borussia Dortmund's famous "Yellow Wall" faces closure after the abuse dished out to the reviled RB Leipzig last week:

    http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38...linkname=sport
    Can you, or anybody explain why there is so much hate for RB Leipzig, but Leverkusen are given a free pass. It is a little hypocritical, no?


  5. #704
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    30,763

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    It's unusual, as Dortmund are usually a very friendly, if vocal, mob.

    I've been to the Westfalenstadion myself and have never seen anything other than enthusiastic support for BVB.

    But the hatred for Leipzig has turned even the Dortmund fans. It's sad to see.
    I think its a disgusting how they make out they are this great club with great fans and then go do that.... kind of makes the neutral hope that RB go and win it all.... and stick it to the one club country in the process.... ive always found this hating on someone trying to break the mould a bit weird if im honest... its like the others are happy for BM to win it every year.... and banging on that the structure in their league is great.

    Whats great about a 1 team league?


  6. #705
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    5,693

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I think its a disgusting how they make out they are this great club with great fans and then go do that.... kind of makes the neutral hope that RB go and win it all.... and stick it to the one club country in the process.... ive always found this hating on someone trying to break the mould a bit weird if im honest... its like the others are happy for BM to win it every year.... and banging on that the structure in their league is great.

    Whats great about a 1 team league?
    One thing that gets I don't get is some yelling at Leipzig for "buying the league". They spend a lot of money but they buy young players and develop them! That is how it should be done if you have big money.


  7. #706
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ruddington/Stuttgart
    Posts
    53,846

    Default La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Can you, or anybody explain why there is so much hate for RB Leipzig, but Leverkusen are given a free pass. It is a little hypocritical, no?
    I've answered this before, but to put it simply;

    In Germany, all professional Bundesliga clubs are owned on a "50+1" model, which assures that supporters always have a majority ownership. Anyone can become a member - pay your money (in my case,€65 for a year for VfB Stuttgart) and you are a member, and you "own" a share in the club.

    Now, there are two historic exceptions - Bayer Leverkusen, who are owned by Bayer pharmaceuticals (who started the club as a leisure activity for Bayer employees) and VfL Wolfsburg, owned by Volkswagen, but again, were started by VW for their employees.

    In both those cases, supporters have seats on the board (or the German equivalent) and as such, can advise and consent on policy.

    Now.

    RB Leipzig is a different beast.

    Essentially, the Red Bull company bought the assets, and everything else, of a fifth-tier amateur club, SSV Markranstädt, with the aim of taking them to professional status as a marketing tool for the Red Bull company.

    They then renamed the club "RB Leipzig". In Germany (with the historical exception of Leverkusen) clubs cannot use "commercial" names. So, in this case, "RB" supposedly stands for "RasenBallsport" (literally, "lawn-ball sports" in German).

    And then they threw money at it, making the club professional in all but name, playing against part-timers.

    They advanced from the amateur leagues into the regional Oberliga, and then the 2.Bundelsiga, having the budget 3 or 4 times their competitors.

    Then they got promoted to the Bundesliga.

    Now, remember I said in Germany anyone can become a member of "their" club?

    Not in the case of Leipzig.

    RB Leipzig has 17 members. And all of those of either employees of Red Bull, or a Red Bull subsidiary.

    As a comparison, VfB Stuttgart have around 48,000 members, and FC Bayern have over 285,000, all of whom can vote at meetings and therefore have a say in how "their" club is run

    Leipzig is a "closed shop" who won't allow more members, and - crucially - supporter ownership, and that's what grates in Germany.

    Club ownership by fans is a massive thing in German football, and even the historic company owned clubs (Wolfsburg and Leverkusen) have supporter representatives on their boards.

    Leipzig is, in many German fans eyes, nothing more than a a marketing tool to sell fizzy piss.

    Last edited by chriscl; 11-02-17 at 13:37.

  8. #707
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    5,693

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    I've answered this before, but to put it simply;

    In Germany, all professional Bundesliga clubs are owned on a "50+1" model, which assures that supporters always have a majority ownership. Anyone can become a member - pay your money (in my case,€65 for a year for VfB Stuttgart) and you are a member, and you "own" a share in the club.

    Now, there are two historic exceptions - Bayer Leverkusen, who are owned by Bayer pharmaceuticals (who started the club as a leisure activity for Bayer employees) and VfL Wolfsburg, owned by Volkswagen, but again, were started by VW for their employees.

    In both those cases, supporters have seats on the board (or the German equivalent) and as such, can advise and consent on policy.

    Now.

    RB Leipzig is a different beast.

    Essentially, the Red Bull company bought the assets, and everything else, of a fifth-tier amateur club, SSV Markranstädt, with the aim of taking them to professional status as a marketing tool for the Red Bull company.

    They then renamed the club "RB Leipzig". In Germany (with the historical exception of Leverkusen) clubs cannot use "commercial" names. So, in this case, "RB" supposedly stands for "RasenBallsport" (literally, "lawn-ball sports" in German).

    And then they threw money at it, making the club professional in all but name, playing against part-timers.

    They advanced from the amateur leagues into the regional Oberliga, and then the 2.Bundelsiga, having the budget 3 or 4 times their competitors.

    Then they got promoted to the Bundesliga.

    Now, remember I said in Germany anyone can become a member of "their" club?

    Not in the case of Leipzig.

    RB Leipzig has 17 members. And all of those of either employees of Red Bull, or a Red Bull subsidiary.

    As a comparison, VfB Stuttgart have around 48,000 members, and FC Bayern have over 285,000, all of whom can vote at meetings and therefore have a say in how "their" club is run

    Leipzig is a "closed shop" who won't allow more members, and - crucially - supporter ownership, and that's what grates in Germany.

    Club ownership by fans is a massive thing in German football, and even the historic company owned clubs (Wolfsburg and Leverkusen) have supporter representatives on their boards.

    Leipzig is, in many German fans eyes, nothing more than a a marketing tool to sell fizzy piss.
    Say what you want about Red Bull, they are very good at getting around rules


  9. #708
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,270

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Chap who rode down that hill in Chile at 104mph was wearing a Red Bull helmet. They get everywhere, and persuade people to buy that crap.


  10. #709
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    35,013

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Just think, it could have been Forest that everybody hates....


  11. #710
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,084

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ok SpidermAndy! View Post
    Just think, it could have been Forest that everybody hates....
    Being hated by the big clubs because you're disrupting their settled little hierarchy. Not good enough for nffc.

    Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk


  12. #711
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    24,622

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    I'd prefer to be hated than pitied.

    "Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

  13. #712
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,080

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Also would add earlier today, the 2. Bundesliga resumed after the winter break, with VfB Stuttgart travelling to St. Pauli.

    Backed by 2,700 away fans in a crowd of 30,000 the Swabians prevailed, 0-1, with an 84th minute winner.

    How many English second tier games could attract 30k fans?
    Forest would take that many given the prospect of a day out at the Milentor and an evening of leisure activities on the Reeperbahn!


  14. #713
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,270

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Takes me back to my youth. I've probably mentioned several times that we used to travel down the Reeperbahn to school in 1951, even at that age (9) we used to find it exciting.


  15. #714
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ruddington/Stuttgart
    Posts
    53,846

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Lazio v Milan on BT Sport 3 tonight, pull up a chair, don't mind if I do!


  16. #715
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Milan can a barely get a team out atm. It's almost forest like. Even Zapata's been getting a game lately!


  17. #716
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Ha! Got away with another one. Wasn't last week's 9 man victory but still.


  18. #717
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ruddington/Stuttgart
    Posts
    53,846

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Decent match though, proper end-to-end stuff!


  19. #718
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ruddington/Stuttgart
    Posts
    53,846

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Zlatan Ibrahimović, take a bow son.

    Not bad, for a 35-year old.


  20. #719
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    24,622

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Zlatan Ibrahimović, take a bow son.

    Not bad, for a 35-year old.
    He just stands around for virtually the whole game, but his ten second movement off the ball before the ball is played into the box is terrific.


    Man Utd are looking like potential winners.


  21. #720
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ruddington/Stuttgart
    Posts
    53,846

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    He just stands around for virtually the whole game, but his ten second movement off the ball before the ball is played into the box is terrific.


    Man Utd are looking like potential winners.
    He's just phenomenal. Even at his age, and as you say, just lurking about doing nothing, and then BANG, he's scored again.

    A player who is a delight to watch.


  22. #721
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,270

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Actually, I think his hold up play is great. Any ball lumped up the field, he's usually somewhere around it and laying it off to a team mate when eventually they arrive upfield.


  23. #722
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    30,763

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    He's just phenomenal. Even at his age, and as you say, just lurking about doing nothing, and then BANG, he's scored again.

    A player who is a delight to watch.
    The dive for the penalty wasn't the best


  24. #723
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    24,622

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The dive for the penalty wasn't the best
    It convinced the ref and won him the pen. Looked pretty good to me.


  25. #724
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    30,763

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    It convinced the ref and won him the pen. Looked pretty good to me.
    I felt it was a bit soft for a bloke who prides himself on being a hard man


  26. #725
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    24,622

    Default Re: La Liga, Serie A & other world football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I felt it was a bit soft for a bloke who prides himself on being a hard man
    I'm sure he prides himself most on being a goal scorer.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •