Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3000

Thread: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

      
  1. #2976
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    49,386

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Weird place is Germany

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2977
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    83,953

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51690403

    Controversial match in the Bundesliga as Bayern Munich move clear in their race to be the first German team to win the title for the 500th time in a row.
    *sigh*

    I am torn on this topic. Other clubs have protested against Hopp - basically, for the uninitiated, he bought his local (as in, he was born there) Team and threw eye-boggling sums of money at them to get them promoted and established in the Bundesliga.

    (For those unaware, Herr Hopp is one of the founders of German software giant SAP, so he is one of Germany’s richest men).

    Whilst I don’t like the way he’s frankly bought success, I am uncomfortable with the banners that are essentially encouraging his death. That’s a bit out of order.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  4. #2978
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    49,386

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    *sigh*

    I am torn on this topic. Other clubs have protested against Hopp - basically, for the uninitiated, he bought his local (as in, he was born there) Team and threw eye-boggling sums of money at them to get them promoted and established in the Bundesliga.

    (For those unaware, Herr Hopp is one of the founders of German software giant SAP, so he is one of Germany’s richest men).

    Whilst I don’t like the way he’s frankly bought success, I am uncomfortable with the banners that are essentially encouraging his death. That’s a bit out of order.
    Cant fault Bayern though as realisticallly money is the only way their monopoly will get broken.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  5. #2979
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,323

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Cant fault Bayern though as realisticallly money is the only way their monopoly will get broken.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    Another one of the European so-called elite that will do anything within their power to stop their success in a league they buy every season.

    The Bundesliga, while occasionally fun to watch because nobody in it knows how to defend, is essentially a pointless league given how the winner of it has been crowned every season before a match is even played. Just the same as watching the SPL or Ligue Un, in that it's a complete waste of time.

    When Bayern win the Bundesliga for the 29th time in their history this season, it will be more wins than every other German team put together ( 28 ).

    Last edited by Tobias; 01-03-20 at 01:02.

  6. #2980
    Senior Mass Debater
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    17,498

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    The problem is not with the wealthy clubs wanting perpetual domination, the problem is with the governing bodies for allowing it.

    Whilst football should operate in the free market, football without real competition is meaningless, therefore for the sake of enhancing free market football the authorities need to regulate to ensure there is competition and thus better all-around growth.


  7. #2981
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    6,610

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    When Bayern win the Bundesliga for the 29th time in their history this season, it will be more wins than every other German team put together ( 28 ).
    As an Olympiacos fan I fail to see the problem in that picture (we have 44, the rest have 39).


  8. #2982
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,293

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Watched El Classico last night. Real Madrid far superior. Absolutely love their midfield of Kroos, Casemiro, Valverde, Isco and the first of the 3 teenage superstars they bought from Brazil in Vinicius Junior is starting to blossom.

    For Barcelona. Pique should leave at the end of the season. Messi and Suarez 50/50 so probably only Busquets from the leaders will remain for the re-build. They just couldn't replace Neymar properly too.


  9. #2983
    Red til I'm dead
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,012

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    I don’t really understand why you need to suspend a game of football or start tippy-tappying the ball around for the last 16 minutes of the game because of a fucking banner in the stands.

    What the fuck has a banner saying nasty things about someone got to do with what’s going on on the pitch?

    It’s not like they hung it from the crossbar. Then all the players going over and pleading with the fans to take it down? Eh? Play football cockheads. Baz is right, Germany is weird.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  10. #2984
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    25,451

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Watched El Classico last night. Real Madrid far superior. Absolutely love their midfield of Kroos, Casemiro, Valverde, Isco and the first of the 3 teenage superstars they bought from Brazil in Vinicius Junior is starting to blossom.

    For Barcelona. Pique should leave at the end of the season. Messi and Suarez 50/50 so probably only Busquets from the leaders will remain for the re-build. They just couldn't replace Neymar properly too.
    Interesting game. Bit of a decline in quality from the past. Both goals were fairly lucky but they got in those positions constantly in the second half. Could have easily been a 0-0 and would have said that was fair.

    Barca probably had the first good chances, Arturo had a great first half but then a shocker in the second. They really miss Suarez and Vidal I just don’t get, I never see him do much other than kick people... not a Barcelona player for me.

    Real just looked more up for it, did a bit of a Forest on them. Kept the middle tight and supplied the flanks.


  11. #2985
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    83,953

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    FC Saarbrücken, take a bow lads.

    The first time in history a fourth-tier side has made the semi-finals of the German Cup, after they improbably defeat Fortuna Düsseldorf 7-6 on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

    Goalie Daniel Batz saved five penalties - one during the match and four in the shootout.


  12. #2986
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    People’s republic of Southwick, Sunderland
    Posts
    341

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    FC Saarbrücken, take a bow lads.

    The first time in history a fourth-tier side has made the semi-finals of the German Cup, after they improbably defeat Fortuna Düsseldorf 7-6 on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

    Goalie Daniel Batz saved five penalties - one during the match and four in the shootout.
    Keeper has had worse nights


  13. #2987
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    People’s republic of Southwick, Sunderland
    Posts
    341

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Interesting game. Bit of a decline in quality from the past. Both goals were fairly lucky but they got in those positions constantly in the second half. Could have easily been a 0-0 and would have said that was fair.

    Barca probably had the first good chances, Arturo had a great first half but then a shocker in the second. They really miss Suarez and Vidal I just don’t get, I never see him do much other than kick people... not a Barcelona player for me.

    Real just looked more up for it, did a bit of a Forest on them. Kept the middle tight and supplied the flanks.


    You’ve done well there comparing the mighty reds with real


  14. #2988
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    25,451

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Buildabonfire1 View Post
    [/B]

    You’ve done well there comparing the mighty reds with real
    Zidane wears Lamouchi pyjamas to bed.

    It's not often you see Real play like that and at home as well - they really suckered Barca into the trap. Like us, a bit more quality in the final third it could have been 3 or 4. Chelsea did similar to Liverpool last night.


  15. #2989
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    6,610

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Jorge Mendes, the presidents of Sporting, Benfica, Braga, Porto and, practically, all those involved in Portugueuse football business are under investigation for money laundring by the Portugueuse IRS. The investigation includes raids in businesses and homes and the confiscation of contracts and other pertinent documents.

    Mendes controls almost half the transfer market in Europe one way or the other, so I'm sure a lot of incriminating stuff will be found for most clubs in Europe (includig perhaps one that won a couple of European titles a while back).


  16. #2990
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Twitter: @Mark_Searby
    Posts
    13,386

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Jorge Mendes, the presidents of Sporting, Benfica, Braga, Porto and, practically, all those involved in Portugueuse football business are under investigation for money laundring by the Portugueuse IRS. The investigation includes raids in businesses and homes and the confiscation of contracts and other pertinent documents.

    Mendes controls almost half the transfer market in Europe one way or the other, so I'm sure a lot of incriminating stuff will be found for most clubs in Europe (includig perhaps one that won a couple of European titles a while back).
    Blimey! Going after Mendes means they must be confident of what they have on him.

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk


  17. #2991
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    25,451

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    That seriously scuppers our chances of selling Bong/De Costa for profit in the summer then


  18. #2992
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,755

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Can i just say that 'Inter Miami' is the shittest club name in world football.


  19. #2993
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    49,386

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    Can i just say that 'Inter Miami' is the shittest club name in world football.
    They should have gone for Inter Young Boys

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  20. #2994
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,255

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Personally I don't think he should have bothered. Unless Beckham is looking for more ackers or adulation, there doesn't seem a logical reason for it.

    Mind you, there is mystery around his life, so we should not be surprised. How an average player who knew how to cross a ball became the face of football is one of those stories from the early days of the Premier League (Premiership?) which will entertain scholars in the distance future.


  21. #2995
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    83,953

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Personally I don't think he should have bothered. Unless Beckham is looking for more ackers or adulation, there doesn't seem a logical reason for it.

    Mind you, there is mystery around his life, so we should not be surprised. How an average player who knew how to cross a ball became the face of football is one of those stories from the early days of the Premier League (Premiership?) which will entertain scholars in the distance future.
    Money, VP. Money.

    When Beckham signed for LA Galaxy in the MLS, part of his contract, and one of the perks for him (as well as being designated as a „star“ player and thus being outside the salary cap) was that he was given the opportunity in the future to purchase an MLS expansion franchise for $25m.

    As franchise fees are - usually - upwards of $150m, and, because the MLS has said there won’t be many future new franchises for now, and those that are changing hands are going for >$300m, it is financially a brilliant investment.

    Invest for $25m, be the public face for the new franchise and do the publicity, then in a few years, sell ownership for probably 10-12 times what he paid for it?

    Ker-Ching.


  22. #2996

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    I don't blame him for making the most of everything he had. (Becks that is).

    I can see the attraction of owning the club he does too. Look at all the mega rich, they still want to get richer, they still want to have the biggest and best whatever-it-is in the world.

    We're humans, we strive to improve, increase and develop. It's also our downfall as a species, but I see why he's doing it.

    Why wouldn't you want to start, own and have an involvement in running something that you could make a success?

    Primally, our purpose as humans is to pro-create, part of that is generated by an innate desire to leave something on the planet for when we leave this world. It's inherent. Whether it's having a kid, building something, contributing to something greater than yourself, or running a football club. I totally get why he does it, and yeah of course the prospect on increasing his fortune and status is a part of that just as much.

    I don't dislike the guy, he's made the absolute best of what he had to work with.


  23. #2997
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    6,068

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Empty San siro is a bit weird.

    Anyway, Begovic starts his first league game.

    6mins in... 1-0 to Genoa.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

    <<Rimaniamo distanti oggi per abbracciarci con più calore e correre più veloci doman>>

  24. #2998
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    83,953

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    There’s been some debate because of the Coronavirus, but tonight’s top-of-the-table six-pointer between VfB Stuttgart and Armenia Bielefeld goes ahead as planned, and should see a capacity crowd at the Mercedes-Benz Arena tonight.

    It’s win or bust for VfB really, six points behind Leaders Bielefeld and tied for second with Hamburger SV (who have played a game more, but tonight’s game will match that) there’s no margin for error for Die Schwaben tonight, it’s got to be the win if they fancy any chance of taking one of the two automatic promotion places by the end of the season.


  25. #2999
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,755

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Serie A has been suspended until April 3rd.

    Smart in my opinion.


  26. #3000
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,255

    Default Re: La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue Un & other World Football Thread

    Be interesting to see how they fix the rest of the season, because with the Euros thing coming up they can't prolong too far; the first game is June in Rome. Might give our leaders a few good ideas if our situation changes.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •