Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 126 to 140 of 140

Thread: Kris Commons

  1. #126
    Red til I'm dead
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,417

    Default Re: Kris Commons

    Commons made it clear he'd only renew once he knew what division we were in.

    He wanted Championship football on Championship wages so we couldn't commit to anything until the end of the season.

    But he'd already chased the money by then, so I don't have much sympathy with his whining now.

    Not sorting contracts was the Doughty era administration's biggest flaw, but I can understand what happened with Commons. Maybe in hindsight they should have offered him a new deal the summer before, with a release clause if we didn't go up and a pay rise if we did.

    If he really wanted to stay, I don't see why him or his agent could have objected to that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: Kris Commons

    As they say, 'he would say that wouldn't he'.

    Anyway, why's this has-been spread all over anything Forest at the moment? It's not like he was yesterday or even last years man! He damn well won't be tomorrow's man back in the Garibaldi .

    He should be tapping up the sadies where they may take pity on him. Can't see Nolan putting up with his antics for long.

    Last edited by '77 Red; 25-07-17 at 19:25.

  4. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Calabria, Italy
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Kris Commons

    He wobbles down the left wing.
    He wobbles down the right.
    He'll never play for us again.
    Coz he is fookin shite...


  5. #129
    I'm not famous anymore!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    776

    Default Re: Kris Commons

    Normally I'd say fans are fickle but even if he scored an injury time screamer to win a match for Forest most fans a wouldn't celebrate... or would they?


  6. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    LE
    Posts
    682

    Default Re: Kris Commons

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Commons made it clear he'd only renew once he knew what division we were in.

    He wanted Championship football on Championship wages so we couldn't commit to anything until the end of the season.

    But he'd already chased the money by then, so I don't have much sympathy with his whining now.

    Not sorting contracts was the Doughty era administration's biggest flaw, but I can understand what happened with Commons. Maybe in hindsight they should have offered him a new deal the summer before, with a release clause if we didn't go up and a pay rise if we did.

    If he really wanted to stay, I don't see why him or his agent could have objected to that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If my memory serves me correctly I think we did extend his contract by a year the previous summer. I'm sure it meant that he could leave on a free transfer instead of a transfer fee having to be paid as he was over 24 when his new contract expired.

    Could be wrong though


  7. #131
    Red til I'm dead
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,417

    Default Re: Kris Commons

    Quote Originally Posted by Magamar View Post
    If my memory serves me correctly I think we did extend his contract by a year the previous summer. I'm sure it meant that he could leave on a free transfer instead of a transfer fee having to be paid as he was over 24 when his new contract expired.

    Could be wrong though
    That does ring a bell to be fair


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  8. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    593

    Default Re: Kris Commons

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    That does ring a bell to be fair


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are correct sir. Here is a handy article - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...st/6254336.stm - which includes this zinger from the man who was desperate to stay.

    "Commons had the chance to sign for three years but decided not to commit himself for that length of time."

    Fucking cock.


  9. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    389

    Default Re: Kris Commons

    No footballer has ever reduced me to such a base level of hate.

    Nothing and no redeeming feature of that twat.

    As much a Forest fan as he is a Scot


  10. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sandhurst
    Posts
    2,483

    Default Re: Kris Commons

    Quote Originally Posted by BringBackJemo View Post
    No footballer has ever reduced me to such a base level of hate.

    Nothing and no redeeming feature of that twat.

    As much a Forest fan as he is a Scot
    Indeed. The way he and Savage conducted themselves during and after that FA Cup match was nothing short of disgraceful.


  11. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Yes I can hear you Clem Fandango
    Posts
    2,297

    Default Re: Kris Commons

    http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spor...e-story-419955

    Controversially left Stoke for Forest

    Controversially left Forest for Derby

    Controversially left Derby for Celtic

    there's a pattern emerging....


  12. #136
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington
    Posts
    57,603

    Default Re: Kris Commons

    There's the world's smallest violin again, playing just for Commons.

    The bloke is nothing more than a mercenary. Why doesn't he just admit that, rather than trying to curry favour?

    "It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

  13. #137
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    36,035

    Default Re: Kris Commons

    Everyone it's "I was expecting a new contract" odd that at the time every club has offered him a contract he turned down.


  14. #138
    Snowflake
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    7th Heaven
    Posts
    6,468

    Default Re: Kris Commons

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sheldon Cooper View Post
    http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spor...e-story-419955

    Controversially left Stoke for Forest

    Controversially left Forest for Derby

    Controversially left Derby for Celtic

    there's a pattern emerging....
    ...that he's a fat Judas?


  15. #139
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington
    Posts
    57,603

    Default Re: Kris Commons

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    ...that he's a fat Judas?
    Judas would be insulted by that. He only wanted 30 pieces of Silver.


  16. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wadiya
    Posts
    1,542

    Default Re: Kris Commons

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Judas would be insulted by that. He only wanted 30 pieces of Silver.
    He gave them back but they didn't care, and buried them in a field.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •