Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Commons

No wonder my post count..

Default Kris Commons

I shit you not...

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/...could-stop-t/?

Kris Commons is being linked with a shock comeback to former clubs Nottingham Forest and Derby County.

Commons played for Forest for four seasons, before leaving for Derby in 2008, sold three years later to Celtic.

Now it is being reported by The Sun on Sunday newspaper that the midfielder is eyeing a return to England, with his former sides interested, along with Premier League side West Bromwich Albion.

The paper report: "Kris Commons is ready to come back to England with contract talks at Celtic faltering.

"West Brom boss Alan Irvine has been checking him out, and Forest and Derby are also alert to the possible move."

Commons, 31, has a contract which expires in June, and could sign a pre-contract agreement with an interested club in January to move on a free transfer next summer.

This also increases the chances of Celtic attempting to cash in on him, should no deal be struck over an extension.

So far in 2014/15, Commons has scored five goals and provided two assists in 15 appearances in all competitions.

Do you want Commons to sign for your club?

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Left Winger

Default Re: Kris Commons

Ooh, player with expiring contract linked to former clubs shocker...

His Agent must have taken all of ten minutes to float that one.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Not that type of player

Yes, transparent agent talk.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

I don't care how good he is, I don't want that contemptible, self-serving little wanker anywhere near my football club.

It is telling that he is a hate figure at every club he has been at.

.....But he would give us the creativity that Reid does. A tosser maybe but a talented one who could get our forwards firing and he can score himself.

Exactly what we're missing at the minute. I'd have him back in a heartbeat but doubt he'd play for us again.

Rice 34

Take previous sentiments out of it and he is a very good player if he can do it consistently in this league, we need someone to fill the void Reid leaves when he's not fit or capable of doing it anymore. However at 31 Commons wouldn't fill it for long! Surely in hindsight he must be annoyed he spent his prime years winning a one horse race in Scotland.

In reality this is just his agent pimping him out with little subtlety!

Last edited by Beasty; 06-10-14 at 09:55.
    Zycomm Two Way Radio

Take him home.

Quote Originally Posted by Lichaj of the Tiger View Post
    Exactly what we're missing at the minute. I'd have him back in a heartbeat but doubt he'd play for us again.
    This.

Despite the fact that they were regularly derided, we are really lacking a Commons/McGugan/McCleary type of player in the team.

Would have him back, but this is clearly regurgitated agent/media talk.

Would deffo have him back.

A few years playing in a Mickey Mouse league doesn't make you a better player. Pass.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Throughout his career so far, Commons' exploitation of the Bosman rule has been played to absolute perfection.

Other than the statutory amount we were obliged to pay Stoke for him being under 24, he's managed to ensure that none of his clubs are compensated for losing his services despite paying him generously.

Call me cynical, but expect him to announce his return from international "retirement" should Scotland look like qualifying for the Euro finals.

Commons takes the expression "football mercenary" to a new level.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 06-10-14 at 12:01.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by czechforest View Post
    Take him home.
    What, to Mansfield?

Impressive member

We definitely someone to replace Reid. Not sure Commons is that player, but I think he'd add quality to the team (although his personality might not be good for us).

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Throughout his career so far, Commons' exploitation of the Bosman rule has been played to absolute perfection.

Other than the statutory amount we were obliged to pay Stoke for him being under 24, he's managed to ensure that none of his clubs are compensated for losing his services despite paying him generously.

Call me cynical, but expect him to announce his return from international "retirement" should Scotland look like qualifying for the Euro finals.

Commons takes the expression "football mercenary" to a new level.
    Sums him up well. Remember when he was here and said he was a life long Forest, then went to Derby and claimed he was never a Forest fan.

He is a mercenary and not someone we should want back at the club.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    Sums him up well. Remember when he was here and said he was a life long Forest, then went to Derby and claimed he was never a Forest fan.

I reckon Britt would love playing with Commons. He's an arse but I don't think it is what he is like in the dressing room more his public persona. I would agree he made mistakes in that area.

All hypothetical though as he won't be coming.

Massive Member

Load of bollocks. Celtic won't sell because of his latest performances. Many fans still hate him. Psycho won't like his mercenary attitude (Abdoun anyone)

I'll repeat my post again in January then June, when this rumour comes back again just like it always does.

I don't want this lier anywhere near wearing a forest shirt again.Weve got a younger better version in Paterson,sheep or w.b.a are welcome to him.
    As for him being a forest fan HA! HA!,my grandad lived near him in skegby,i went to some school(quarrydale),caught same bus to forest games & i can tell you he's no forest fan,he was man utd,he only went to see forest because it was easier for him. *U-REDS*

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    A few years playing in a Mickey Mouse league doesn't make you a better player. Pass.
    Kelvin Wilson?
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    What, to Mansfield?
    Sutton! Don't tar us with the Mansfield name!
    Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post

Derby gave him 5x the wages he was offered here. Easy to sit back and call him a mercenary but that secured him and his family's future.

Quote Originally Posted by psychohasyournumber View Post
    I don't want this lier anywhere near wearing a forest shirt again.Weve got a younger better version in Paterson,sheep or w.b.a are welcome to him.
    As for him being a forest fan HA! HA!,my grandad lived near him in skegby,i went to some school(quarrydale),caught same bus to forest games & i can tell you he's no forest fan,he was man utd,he only went to see forest because it was easier for him. *U-REDS*
    What year you leave? I know Kris through his brother Spencer (who was the better player btw), both of them are Forest fans as are most of the family.

Why don't Derby like him?

Good player but big wages and too old. Rather us stick with osborn

Pearce has said a good Personality is really important when choosing players......And Commons doesn't have one. Its a no from me and I would guess a no from the Legend they call Psycho.

Dancing in the Trent End

No thank you.

Fack him. After what he did in the 5-2 derby game