Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

Give the lad a break!At least he lasted 90minutes unlike Vaughan.(is he injured again?)When you consider his partners in midfield,he did well.He's got a great engine & will only get better.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Think Osborn being classed as a water carrier at the age of 20 is a bit premature let the guy develop and we will see,beating 2 or 3 premier league player,s and almost scoring a brilliant solo goal shows he has the potential to be more than a water carrier surely.
    He plays the simple ball, he hasn't shown himself to be capable of playing those defence splitting balls or being able to switch play across the park. Hopefully it's a side of his game that develops.

And no, knocking the ball past spurs reserves and hitting the bar once doesn't prove jack. Much like if he has a few bad games it doesn't mean jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Where did the term water carrier come from? Ridiculous
    Why see it as an insult?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickygaz View Post
    Give the lad a break!At least he lasted 90minutes unlike Vaughan.(is he injured again?)When you consider his partners in midfield,he did well.He's got a great engine & will only get better.
    Vaughan has been coming back from injury. Also Pearce might be thinking of starting him Saturday.

If Osborn wants a role model at the club, just make him watch David Vaughan.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

He is what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Anyone see the 2 occasions he did that one trick ? Once almost in a left back position and the other wide right. He back heeled it on to his left foot, then quickly shifted it forwards to beat his marker. The madness of it was that it worked when he was in the defensive position and not in the attacking where it just ran out.

Also dropped the shoulder when fetching the ball deep to fake he was going to move back to the defence but moved forwards. The Spurs player actually started running towards our goal

He even tried the Zidane twist around the edge of the box and it nearly came off but there were too many bodies. Seem to remember him doing it v Brum was it at the CG last season too.

Tried to transfer from left behind right to get to right side and vice versa and that has always been one of his most reliable moves but it didn't come off surprisingly. That was when he got caught in possession a couple of times.

Always been a good dribbler and that ability to knock it around the defender and nearly scoring was genious.

We cannot argue if he has the skills in his locker, because he seems to back himself and it has come off. I really do think that is exciting. We need to produce players with x-factor in England.

He never shied away from the ball, always asked for it. Made interceptions, pressed and when he lost the ball always burst a gut to get back.

There were many encouraging signs last night.

I've been trying to think who he reminds me of and its funny because he has been left-back, wide-left, number 10, deep in mf etc. Thought Reid a bit, then some say Scholes but the one that has finally stuck for me is Archie Gemmill.

* PS probably the only player that didn't fade either and lasted 90 minutes.
    PHAT post! Well said

Water carrier to me is a player who sits in front of the back 4 and plays it simple hasn't got a trick and barely crosses the halfway line,just gets and gives keeping the ball moving without over complicating things,Does osborn really remind you that he,ll be the next Johnathon Greening.

Good player, smart kid. Lots of potential. Let's not get too excited yet though hey? Comparing him to Scholes already? Calm down.

Massive Member

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411682742221.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	8530

Just makes me think of this. Who comes up with these terms?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Water carrier to me is a player who sits in front of the back 4 and plays it simple hasn't got a trick and barely crosses the halfway line,just gets and gives keeping the ball moving without over complicating things,Does osborn really remind you that he,ll be the next Johnathon Greening.
    With all due respect I have to bring you up on a couple of your statements

"Sits in front of the back four" ?

When? He certainly didn't agonist tottenham. He was the one driving forward.

"Plays it simple, hasn't got a trick"?? Again. Did you see the tottenham game. Second half in their penalty box was a great trick where played it off his own legs. Admittedly it didn't come off. Also in the second half near the left back position he made someone look a fool with a trick.

Sorry

Now I've read it I see your defending him lol but I'm not losing all I've wrote lol

Your right he certainly isn't a Jonathan G

I think that's the point he was making. He's saying he isn't all those things

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Another with potential, had a cracking game v Spuds but has had far more quiet ones. He's neither the next Scholes nor should we bomb him out. The lad needs time and games, I'd suggest maybe a loan spell to get some consistent game time, but not until we've either loaned someone better to cover or have been debiscuited.

I think the Spurs game required energy and a tempo to stifle their skill. Normally we play a more restrained game which clearly isn't as suited to Osborn's abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Van Rompuy View Post
    I think that's the point he was making. He's saying he isn't all those things
    This

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Agree. Matt Thornhill looked a decent prospect but was sent out on loan and it didn't really work. For players that are obviously quite talented, the best place for them is in the first team squad. If we were a Prem team, then loaning him out to a Championship club would be fine but he is clearly good enough for this level at least so why drop him down to a poorer level, he won't learn anything.
    I agree with you about blooding the youngsters into the first team. Why not send them on as subs late in the game? Funnily enough Matt Thornhill reminds me a lot of Jorge Grant.

All I know is that we've got so many good prospects coming through at the moment and that speaks volumes of our youth system and development program.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    All I know is that we've got so many good prospects coming through at the moment and that speaks volumes of our youth system and development program.
    We seem to have a massively better hit rate, in terms of both quantitiy and quality, or midfielders that make it through the ranks than any other position. Seem to be an odd anomaly - without any stats to back this up - in recent memory - one goalkeeper, a handful of defenders, oddles of midfielders and no strikers...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411682742221.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	8530

Just makes me think of this. Who comes up with these terms?
    Amazing movie. Very funny.

Tudders number 1 fan

I would like to see him given more freedom to run at goal. Rather than sit back ,maybe swap positions with Langberry

Yes, Osbourne will swap places with Langberry and Pierce our manager will be playing left back.

Swedish Meatball

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    We seem to have a massively better hit rate, in terms of both quantitiy and quality, or midfielders that make it through the ranks than any other position. Seem to be an odd anomaly - without any stats to back this up - in recent memory - one goalkeeper, a handful of defenders, oddles of midfielders and no strikers...
    Bamford.

He awesome on Wednesday, he honestly looks like he has everything required to be a really top class player. What we seem to be missing this year with Riedy off the ball is a bit of spark in central midfield. If you can beat your man and open the games up you not only create opportunities but you put doubts in the opposition minds. Too many on here worry about players like Osborne and Pato losing the ball, they're only doing this as they're trying to take the game by the scruff of the neck. These are the players that win you games, we're very lucky to have them and i think both should be around the first team this season.

I would like to see him as the advanced player in a 3/5 man midfield.

Had another very good game and ran himself into the ground defending and helping out full backs.

One of the best out there today. The stepover king

Think someone posted about him putting some bulk on,got knocked off the ball a few too many times today but in general had a good game still running strong at the end.

MOTM for me today.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

Brilliant this is what its all about..