Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154
Results 3,826 to 3,847 of 3847
  1. #3826
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    465

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by john player View Post
    I miss Ben
    Really?I'm sure he was a nice lad and wish him well but we are so much better now he has finally gone.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #3827
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39,887

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    3 appearances, 2 wins, 1 draw......

    Games played by Ben Osborn in 2019/2020

    EFL Cup Tu 27Aug 2019
    Sheff Utd 2 - 1 Blackburn

    Premier League Sa 31Aug 2019
    Chelsea 2 - 2 Sheff Utd

    Premier League Sa 21Sep 2019
    Everton 0 - 2 Sheff Utd

    Personally I think Mouch would have got a lot from him. Que sera.


  4. #3828
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    47,769

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by john player View Post
    I miss Ben
    Go up to Eastwood ground on a Monday night, where you will see him putting some kids through their paces for a tenner a pop.

    We play on the next pitch at the same time and our players are threatened with being forced to train with his lot if they misbehave, soon makes em listen.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  5. #3829
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    25,375

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    I prefer Owen Bosborn


  6. #3830
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39,887

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    Are we feeling the benefit of his sale?

    Looking at the squad, did our squad additions which stepped in against Wigan help us out as much as having Ben as an option would have?

    Robinson on the bench, Ribero at LB, Osborn LW may have worked better?


  7. #3831
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    16,617

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread



    Oh sweet Lord in heaven (if you exist and are listening to me)

    Please make it stop.



    I'll even go to church on Sunday and not try to nick the lead from the roof this time.




  8. #3832
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    465

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Are we feeling the benefit of his sale?

    Looking at the squad, did our squad additions which stepped in against Wigan help us out as much as having Ben as an option would have?

    Robinson on the bench, Ribero at LB, Osborn LW may have worked better?
    Of course we're benefiting from selling him. We're 4th in the league.


  9. #3833
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the bath
    Posts
    5,745

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    With super Ben we'd have been 4 points clear at the top.



    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk


  10. #3834
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Outer SF region
    Posts
    16,418

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    Alf for FUCK sakes.


  11. #3835
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,614

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    Who is this Ben Osborn I hear you talk about?

    Why is he important to our success or otherwise?


  12. #3836
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    35,607

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    He used to play for a big club.

    Stand Firm And Strike Hard

  13. #3837
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    25,375

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    I think we offloaded him at the right time. He's not going to be able to focus so much on his football this season what with his GCSEs coming up.


  14. #3838
    Can't Re Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,650

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    Give it 12 months we’ll be a league above him*

    *may not happen

    Oh FFS.

  15. #3839
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    STH NORMANTON
    Posts
    3,783

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdooonk View Post
    Really?I'm sure he was a nice lad and wish him well but we are so much better now he has finally gone.
    Last 2 matches have proved otherwise


  16. #3840
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39,887

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    Been debated in the Carva thread that he looked a better player alongside Benny.

    What about Lolley? another player who benefitted from having Benny's busy body buzzing bilaterally beside him.

    Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 25-10-19 at 14:54.

  17. #3841
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    22,769

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Been debated in the Carva thread that he looked a better player alongside Benny.

    What about Lolley? another player who benefitted from having Benny's busy body buzzing bilaterally around him.
    I was thinking about this earlier, and wondered to myself what role Ben would fill in the current team. I'd have him in ahead of Ameobi in a heartbeat as the left of the attacking three - and he'd also be a better option than when Yuri has been shoehorned onto the wing.


  18. #3842
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    15,176

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    Ameobis already beaten more men than Osborn did in his Forest career, he's also built better for the job.

    I still cant think of an attribute Benny had that we're missing.


  19. #3843
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    141

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    I'd have preferred it if we kept him but at the same time i'm not too fussed he's gone and I think we got a good deal for him. He might have wanted to leave anyway.
    He's come on as sub twice in the prem so he's hardly made a big impression up there. I don't remember him making the difference too many times when he was here so I doubt he'd have been the difference against Wigan or Hull. (Yes I remember the derby goal and that free kick)
    And off the top of my head we signed Sow and Samba for less than what we got for Osborn and both of them contribute more

    Last edited by Young Mule; 25-10-19 at 15:48.

  20. #3844
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    22,769

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Ameobis already beaten more men than Osborn did in his Forest career, he's also built better for the job.

    I still cant think of an attribute Benny had that we're missing.
    Ameobi's record this season is one assist and one goal in 794 minutes of football. Heady stuff.


  21. #3845
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39,887

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Ameobis already beaten more men than Osborn did in his Forest career, he's also built better for the job.

    I still cant think of an attribute Benny had that we're missing.
    Versatility, consistency & to a lesser degree availability off the ball.

    I like Ameobi as a wildcard option, I think for a free he's a decent signing, but Jenks would be the better comparison for me as he's where 2/3rds of the Benny money went, and if you included wages by the end of the year wheat we'll pay out for Jenks will be what we got for Benny.

    Jenks sat injured doing nowt, or even benched when fit, or Benny as a versatile wide options? No brainer for me, latter every time.

    Folk say we couldn't have stopped Benny going to the Prem. Well we could have offered him a better contract last year, and then at least got more for him.


  22. #3846
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    11,672

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Versatility, consistency & to a lesser degree availability off the ball.

    I like Ameobi as a wildcard option, I think for a free he's a decent signing, but Jenks would be the better comparison for me as he's where 2/3rds of the Benny money went, and if you included wages by the end of the year wheat we'll pay out for Jenks will be what we got for Benny.

    Jenks sat injured doing nowt, or even benched when fit, or Benny as a versatile wide options? No brainer for me, latter every time.

    Folk say we couldn't have stopped Benny going to the Prem. Well we could have offered him a better contract last year, and then at least got more for him.
    Alternatively we could have spent the £3m on a striker, literally any striker!!


  23. #3847
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wadiya
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

    Hasn't even made the bench for a few matches. We know whilst he was here that Benny is rarely injured...


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •