Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Billy Davies Appreciation Thread - sponsored by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery

Default The Billy Davies Appreciation Thread - sponsored by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery

Saved us from relegation. Two top 6 seasons and a 3rd season where we were top 6 for most of it too. Left Pearce with a superb foundation to build on, including giving lots of experience to two young players who's subsequent sale has funded the signings of our most prolific goalscorers this season. Got rid of Marthur's connections within the club, and previous his return got rid of Marthur himself, paving the way for a fresh start under Pearce.

Saviour and purifier of Nottm Forest FC. I'm sure most will join me in giving a massive thanks to Billy!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: The Billy Davies Appriciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    Saved us from relegation. Two top 6 seasons and a 3rd season where we were top 6 for most of it too. Left Pearce with a superb foundation to build on, including giving lots of experience to two young players who's subsequent sale has funded the signings of our most prolific goalscorers this season. Got rid of Marthur's connections within the club, and previous his return got rid of Marthur himself, paving the way for a fresh start under Pearce.

Saviour and purifier of Nottm Forest FC. I'm sure most will join me in giving a massive thanks to Billy!
    I think I've found another one of milkys alter egos, milky, hakem and now Alf.... How many more?

Consigned to the bin with a "thank god he's not here anymore" with the likes of Megson, Cotterill and Platt.

Karanka Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Brett William's tash View Post
    I think I've found another one of milkys alter egos, milky, hakem and now Alf.... How many more?
    Actually, I think that he did some really unspeakable evil (adultary/rape/murder/) to Paul Taylor, because he's STILL writing about him ......

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Intimi...ail/story.html

Under pressure heading into the final stages, Billy Davies might well have opted to bring on another defender; to shut up shop. Pearce took the opposite route, replacing defensive midfielder Robert Tesche with Jamie Paterson, who he pitched into a forward role.

I genuinely wonder if the press may be starting to regret his departure. They had far more stories and draw with him here than they do now.

Massive Member

I knew it wouldn't take long for this thread.

Fuck it I'm starting a Rafik Djebbour one.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    Consigned to the bin with a "thank god he's not here anymore" with the likes of Megson, Cotterill and Platt.
    He does not deserve to be in their category. Whatever you think of him that's ridiculous.

This is gonna kick off..

Sorry? What 2 players did he give a chance to?

Wasn't Darlows chance given by megson and Lascelles got his chance through defenders getting injured otherwise he was off to leyton orient on loan

1st spell loved him

2nd spell turned into a dick or was already a dick but I was blind to it

Like it or not, Billy did a lot of good as well as bad. But I prefer it under Pearce, although it is early days.

Who will BooBaby boo?
    I'm up on the eleventh floor and I'm watching the Harleys below.

If this was a Billy Davies opinion thread I'd say what I think but it's a Billy Davies Appreciation thread so I shouldn't have looked and I certainly shouldn't post what I think of him.

It's just sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post
    Sorry? What 2 players did he give a chance to?

Wasn't Darlows chance given by megson and Lascelles got his chance through defenders getting injured otherwise he was off to leyton orient on loan

1st spell loved him

2nd spell turned into a dick or was already a dick but I was blind to it
    Afraid not mate, Darlow's debut was under Davies. But I'm not solely crediting him for it, I'm just thanking him for his undoubted part in developing them enough so that Pearce has been able to get good money for them.

He did turn into a dick though, let things get to him way too much. Still grateful for all the good he did us though. This club's a better place for his existence, if only for the fact we're not a L1 side.

Afraid not mate, Darlow's debut was under Davies. But I'm not solely crediting him for it, I'm just thanking him for his undoubted part in developing them enough so that Pearce has been able to get good money for them.

He did turn into a dick though, let things get to him way too much. Still grateful for all the good he did us though. This club's a better place for his existence, if only for the fact we're not a L1 side.
    Darlows debut was under McCleish pal

Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboreds View Post
    Darlows debut was under McCleish pal
    Played 5/10 minutes or so against Palace the season we lost to Swansea in the Play Offs.

He did as well didnt he. Good shout.

Samuel

He didn't have much to do iirc. We were 3 up or something I think.

Best served cold

Alf, were you drunk when you started this thread?

It will never end well

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Played 5/10 minutes or so against Palace the season we lost to Swansea in the Play Offs.
    True. Think we were 3-0 up when he came on, or did Goldie get the third just afterwards ?

Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by Forestjones View Post

True. Think we were 3-0 up when he came on, or did Goldie get the third just afterwards ?
    Can't remember.

What a McGoldie goal though.

McGoldie was the last sub if I remember correctly.

Sorry meant mcleish

All gin'gers look the same

frankwignall

Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post
    Sorry meant mcleish

All gin'gers look the same
    Gingist!

I think the gods treated Billy last year similar to how they treated Sisyphus. In Greek mythology, Sisyphus, for those who don't know him, was punished for his chronic deceitfulness by being compelled to repeatedly push a giant boulder up a steep hill only to have to watch it roll back down again.

In Billys case he had to get us to the promised land, and for whatever his sins, everytime he tried to push us on, the gods struck down another of his players with an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    Alf, were you drunk when you started this thread?

It will never end well
    Just gave in to temptation after days of seeing the Cotterill one to be honest!

Back on the Wagon again now

...the Liatrom Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Duster View Post
    If this was a Billy Davies opinion thread I'd say what I think but it's a Billy Davies Appreciation thread so I shouldn't have looked and I certainly shouldn't post what I think of him.

It is what it is.