Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Billy Davies Appreciation Thread - sponsored by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery

Massive Member

Default Re: The Billy Davies Appriciation Thread

One burning question is that, we are top of the league with Psycho, Unbeaten in said league yet still talk about an unpopular manager? Let's talk Platt next.

Another question, how has Alf managed to get everyone to bite without realising he's being a bit of a cheeky little monkey?

You guys. ..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I thought this was gonna be some sort of parody, not more genuine conversations about the way Davies handled the media etc. Who gives a flying fuck right now?

To be honest I'd rather toss the dwarf rather than nit pick any perceived shortcomings in our season so far. I suppose the only good thing about BD was that he made the forums alot livelier. It seems to have gone abit too mellow since he left except for the Lascelles/Darlow incident.

Hated him being at the club.

Tolerable enough in his first stint here as his time followed what was a decade of shite served up for the fans. Our third place season was a great year, some remarkably good football with a lot of inexperienced players in it. We spent a large amount of money, more than we had done since Platt, so an upturn in fortunes was to be expected, but the quality that came with it was excellent.

Sadly, as per all Davies seasons, we faded and in the end were well beaten in the playoffs. The following year we got worse and were a mid-table club who snuck in the playoffs and were out thought by a slick Swansea outfit. I don't think Davies could complain too much about losing his job. Despite losing Wilson, he'd had the benefit of an additional year with the squad and we went from looking like an incisive team in his first full year to one which had only recently been put together.

His first stint here was decent, but no more than that. We spent a lot of money, more than those around us, more than Blackpool and Swansea. Our wage bill almost doubled in that first tenure. I'm not surprised Doughty let go, we'd have probably had another season knocking on door of playoffs and failing again with our expensive squad. Davies only retained this messiah image because he was replaced by two absolute wankstains in a row.

His second stint was a carbon copy of his first. Spend a shed load of money, play some decent football at times, but ultimately get worse the longer he's in the job and fail to trouble the top clubs. He sealed his own fate by being bat shit crazy and treating the fans with contempt, but even had he been wee Billy nice chap, it still wouldn't have glossed over the fact he was an average manager who got lucky with generous chairmen.

Firefighter for struggling clubs battling the drop, nothing more.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    One burning question is that, we are top of the league with Psycho, Unbeaten in said league yet still talk about an unpopular manager? Let's talk Platt next.

Another question, how has Alf managed to get everyone to bite without realising he's being a bit of a cheeky little monkey?

You guys. ..

Tbf, if Cotterill gets an appreciation thread, then Billy defo does!

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    I'm waiting for the punchline to this thread
    How many Billy Davies does it take to change a light bulb?

Two,

One to screw it up whilst the other consults their legal team.

(I'll get me coat)

Last edited by Pierre Stan Roydonk; 25-09-14 at 15:22.

Billy Davies was a poor man's Stuart Pearce. Now we have - Passion without the poison, Talent without the tat, Results without the rebellion.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post

You guys. ..
    Its the Billy Davies mist.... it sends sane men over the edge.

Im with you though got to commend Alf on his fishing, although you can never be 100% sure he doesn't at least mean some of it

In truth, there shouldn't be any posts on this thread at all.

I think Alf means every word. He's very consistent with his thoughts on this matter.

I don't see why anyone would get wound up by what Alf says either. He articulates it in a way where I can understand what he is saying and how he gets to that conclusion albeit he's wrong lol, I at least understand.

Billy Davies is like one of them Free Man on th Land types. He has two Persons: the body and spirit, fire and passion, in the flesh Billy; and strawman, in the third person, does not consent to anything, twisted and warped Billy. The football bit and the baggage bit are inseperable. He's fired up for the cause and builds on this, he's a master of us and them, us being the two Billies. He is the ying and the yang of himself, Billy Davies: two dogs chasing each other's tails into a spin of exhaustion.

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi | vivit post funera virtus - Emprorer Tiberius

Alf has made a valid point there is a lot worse appreciation threads. I also get the notion that he's gone so no point getting wound up about him or just have a debate on his tenure that's what a confident club would do. He had benefits and shortcomings. If we are being fair Pearce and SOD spent a lot of money and don't have the expecatations on them. Glade he's gone now his second tenure was chaos still better than Gary Brazil though.

Last edited by EmmersonForest4; 27-09-14 at 13:36.

he got the team punching above it's weight and there were some good times

now we've got pearce I'm glad the poisoned dwarf has fucked off

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

If only he was allowed to sign javier Hernandez and frank lampard like he wanted, things could have been so different

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Alf has made a valid point there is a lot worse appreciation threads. I also get the notion that he's gone so no point getting sound up about him or just have a debate on his tenure that's what a confident club would do. He had benefits and shortcomings. If we are being fair Pearce and SOD spent a lot of money and don't have the expecatations on them. Glade he's gone now his second tenure was chaos still better than Gary Brazil though.
    Don't have expectation on them?

Quickfire questions with the ex Forest legend........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/35765863

Interesting what he says about Lansbury training. Sounded like the spirit was excellent.

Let's stop fucking about Fazza, go get him.........

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 24-03-16 at 14:49.
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    Quickfire questions with the ex Forest legend........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/35765863

Interesting what he says about Lansbury training. Sounded like the spirit was excellent.

Let's stop fucking about Fazza, go get him.........
    Let it go Alf, it's breaking your heart.

Very good manager but the baggage he chose to bring with him let him down massively.

More chance of Billy Butlin

Billy, McClaren, SOD, Cotterill....I wonder if all club's forums obsess over their former managers like we do.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    Billy, McClaren, SOD, Cotterill....I wonder if all club's forums obsess over their former managers like we do.
    I didn't think Dougie would have a Alf like follower but he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Erroll View Post
    I missed Dougie out of the list. How quickly I've forgotten him. Sorry Dougie!

Calderwood who done something here doesn't get a look in... interesting

Where's me hammer?

Probably because calderwood was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Erroll View Post
    The bizare thing is, I've no real attachment to Davies either way. most of my posts over the years have been pointing out facts from the fiction washerwomen type have claimed. I like him as a manager because he saved us from almost certain relegation, gave us 2 playoffs, stopped the Mcleish rot and even made that a playoff challenging season, and then gave us another season sat in the top 6 for the most of it; all whilst playing mostly good footy.

I don't care for managers as people, apart from Pearce for obvious reasons, I just like those who give us the fans things we can enjoy.

So why the fuck anyone can find any reason to give 1 humain sliver of a shit about Freedman is utterly beyond me!