Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Billy Davies Appreciation Thread - sponsored by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery

Default Re: The Billy Davies Appriciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    I think the gods treated Billy last year similar to how they treated Sisyphus. In Greek mythology, Sisyphus, for those who don't know him, was punished for his chronic deceitfulness by being compelled to repeatedly push a giant boulder up a steep hill only to have to watch it roll back down again.

In Billys case he had to get us to the promised land, and for whatever his sins, everytime he tried to push us on, the gods struck down another of his players with an injury.
    I read that has syphilis the first time lol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mind you that's an horrible disease that you can't get rid of aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Can't remember.

What a McGoldie goal though.
    It was a very joyful journey home afterwards. This despite bumping into a crowd of miserable Mansfield supporters at the Globe on Marylebone Road. They had just lost to Darlington by a last minute goal in the F.A. Trophy final. Actually, can't say the Darlington lot looked much happier.

He was that good HES walked into a job straight after his embarrassing sacking.... Oh

Billy Davies (in my opinion) is a thief, who (probably) had a very good friend become an agent to forest players, offered players contracts if they went with said agent & instead of charging 5-6% charged the then Naive Chairman upto 16%....... IF that did happen he's nothing more than a crook, as for his advisor, the Lawyer who's been struck off & fighting numerous legal battles, that guy deserves to rot in a foreign prison somewhere.... Maybe Scotland

Banned

I loathed the poisonous twat and celebrated when he got the chop first time, of course his talents and past record, had championship clubs waiting in line to snap the genius up following his sacking for a second season of failure to gain promotion.

Thus he lay like some devious sprite, waiting for some poor suckers to come along and employ him again, because the football world knew what an absolute disaster the man is to any employer, he waited for some gullible fool and found him again at Forest.

To be fair Fawaz was not the only gullible fool to welcome this snake back into the fold, Davies did what Davies does best, foul the club up an do what is best for Davies.

Still some on here will claim what a wonderful manager he is, so he won't be unemployed for too long will he ? I'm certain he will be snapped up before too long.

Last edited by sedgred; 23-09-14 at 22:28.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by William. View Post
    He was that good HES walked into a job straight after his embarrassing sacking.... Oh

Billy Davies (in my opinion) is a thief, who (probably) had a very good friend become an agent to forest players, offered players contracts if they went with said agent & instead of charging 5-6% charged the then Naive Chairman upto 16%....... IF that did happen he's nothing more than a crook, as for his advisor, the Lawyer who's been struck off & fighting numerous legal battles, that guy deserves to rot in a foreign prison somewhere.... Maybe Scotland
    Give the gentleman a coconut, he's just hit bulls eye.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred View Post
    I loathed the poisonous twat and celebrated when he got the chop first time, of course his talents and past record, had championship clubs waiting in line to snap the genius up following his sacking for a second season of failure to gain promotion.

Thus he lay like some devious sprite, waiting for some poor suckers to come along and employ him again, because the football world knew what an absolute disaster the man is to any employer, he waited for some gullible fool and ound him again at Forest.

To be fair Fawaz was not the only gullible fool to welcome this snake back into the fold, Davies did what Davies does best, foul the club up an do what is best for Davies.

Still some on here will claim what a wonderful manager he is, so he won't be unemployed for too long will he ? I'm certain he will be snapped up before too long.
    Save the date.

I agree with you sedge.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Save the date.

I agree with you sedge.
    Don't worry too much Carlos, a broken clock is right twice a day

Massive Member

Billy Bellends firefighting ability is good, but I'd rather catch V.D than have him anywhere near our club, wouldn't even wish him upon Derby.

He wasn't too bad. We've had worse, clearly had managerial talent. He needs a club fighting relegation with little money, and not to take most of his followers with him. Got us the play offs twice, saved us from relegation, last season wasn't actually that bad.

Although his longest living legacy will probably be davies trout.

He will get a lot more stick then he deserves at the moment but history will be a little kinder to him especially in the context of managers who were awful and the managers who were no better or worse. He is a bellend but his first spell in charge was truly remarkable and he did not deserve the sack then MCaren Cotterill SOD and McLeish were no better for us then he came in a second time and acted like a bitter loon and with the average placed finish was always going to be condemned.

It's a weird one it's going to take a long time and a lot of self confidence to admit Davies's achievements and let him have the rightful recognition for it. Also it's possible to say that and never want him back and be happy with what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred View Post

I love this argument the most. It's like hearing Joseph Merrick saying "Bradley Cooper's that desirable that his wife......oh.....he's not married, lasses hate him"

Slash was without a band for some time at one point, John Squire picked up a paint brush more in one day than he did a guitar in several years at one point. Clearly a shite musicians who should be panned for everything they've done

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 24-09-14 at 08:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    I love this argument the most. It's like hearing Joseph Merrick saying "Bradley Cooper's that desirable that his wife......oh.....he's not married, lasses hate him"

Slash was without a band for some time at one point, John Squire picked up a paint brush more in one day than he did a guitar in several years at one point. Clearly a shite musicians who should be panned for everything they've done
    Seriously, Alf. Your analogies really can be crap sometimes.

So what past time do you think Billeh has taken up since he was put out to pasture as a football manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    Seriously, Alf. Your analogies really can be crap sometimes.
    At least it's not all the time then Got it right in Billy's case obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Brett William's tash View Post
    So what past time do you think Billeh has taken up since he was put out to pasture as a football manager?
    Counting his/our cash

I love this argument the most. It's like hearing Joseph Merrick saying "Bradley Cooper's that desirable that his wife......oh.....he's not married, lasses hate him" Slash was without a band for some time at one point, John Squire picked up a paint brush more in one day than he did a guitar in several years at one point. Clearly a shite musicians who should be panned for everything they've done
    Pick & chosen part of my argument, what about him being a poisoned crook

Pick & chosen part of my argument, what about him being a poisoned crook
    Refresh my memory please, what were the exact proven actions which leads you to label him as such?

Bloke's paranoia and media handling were dire, and he defeated himself at the end of it, but this "poisonous crook" stuff is mainly mob-rule panto. I don't judge Cloughie for his alleged bung involvement, I'm grateful for the cups and good times. Same with Davies, I think we're a better club overall for his involvement with us, may have done a few dodgy things but we're still further on from where we were when he first came (that said I am glad he's been replaced by Pearce)

I don't see why folk are so hate fueled, some would even say Davies-like, that they can't give some credit where it's due.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 24-09-14 at 13:06.

If Davies had never returned for his second spell he would still be hailed as the messiah. But he did come back and his actions, that were done in full view of the football world, made sure he turned into Judas.

I will say that during his first spell he pick us up and made us a club again. So that is worth some credit. But Calderwood did the same, yet he never brought fire and brimstone down when he left. That second spell is the sour note.

When you split up with your ex, it doesn't matter how stunning she was or how good her blow jobs were. When it turns out that she was a batshit crazy cheating tart who keyed your car, smashed your DVDs and sent you 100s of texts a day blaming everyone but herself for the crumbling relationship who then claims a hefty divorce settlement, that pretty much negates any good she did.

Personally I wanted BD to see out the end of the season just for the sake of stability. Now that he's gone the only thing I appreciate about him is the fact that he no longer has anything to do with us.

You can't deny that BD has certain qualities, but on balance though he's a total stinking barrel of shite.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlack View Post
    When you split up with your ex, it doesn't matter how stunning she was or how good her blow jobs were. When it turns out that she was a batshit crazy cheating tart who keyed your car, smashed your DVDs and sent you 100s of texts a day blaming everyone but herself for the crumbling relationship who then claims a hefty divorce settlement, that pretty much negates any good she did.

Personally I wanted BD to see out the end of the season just for the sake of stability. Now that he's gone the only thing I appreciate about him is the fact that he no longer has anything to do with us.

You can't deny that BD has certain qualities, but on balance though he's a total stinking barrel of shite.
    Like the analogy But...........I'm not sure I agree tbh. Funnily enough my ex was cheating on me with a lad who's she's now moved in with (he's Scottish btw ) and she's left me in a lot of debt, and with a lot of things to fix & sort out too. BUT, she's also left me in a mint position where, with those things done, I'll end up with a tidy chunk of equity and a mint investment. I wouldn't have landed the size of house I have had I bought it on a single wage, I wouldn't have experienced some mint experiences I have had I not been with her, and overall my life will be far better for my involvement with her. It's left me with a lot of shit to sort, but now that's getting sorted and I'm topside of it I'm in a far better position than I was when I first met her.

I say good luck to her and thanks to her for the good stuff, the bad stuff gets dealt with, the good stuff built upon.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 25-09-14 at 08:05.

Massive Member

I think Billy can probably take comfort that so many saw him as an ex girlfriend, and analogies discussing his blow job skills usually claim he was good at them

Quote Originally Posted by Brett William's tash View Post
    I think I've found another one of milkys alter egos, milky, hakem and now Alf.... How many more?
    Fack, stop relating me to stupid shit that happens on this site.

Billy Davies is a twat.

I'm waiting for the punchline to this thread

Steve Stone with hair

Refresh my memory please, what were the exact proven actions which leads you to label him as such?

Bloke's paranoia and media handling were dire, and he defeated himself at the end of it, but this "poisonous crook" stuff is mainly mob-rule panto. I don't judge Cloughie for his alleged bung involvement, I'm grateful for the cups and good times. Same with Davies, I think we're a better club overall for his involvement with us, may have done a few dodgy things but we're still further on from where we were when he first came (that said I am glad he's been replaced by Pearce)

I don't see why folk are so hate fueled, some would even say Davies-like, that they can't give some credit where it's due.
    Couldn't agree more.